It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brownish red basket ball sized sphere passed right infront of my truck today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
what kind of tech exist for this? i was comming home from my pasture that we lease from moasic a phosphate mine in central florida as i was comming out of the main gate there was a brownish looking ball just shot accross the road in a stright line. the sphere couldnt have been thrown as it had no arch to the trajectory i saw it really clear for about 2 seconds it came out of one orange groves accross the road into another one is this some new type of drone or what? this really has me puzzled.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

St. Elmo's Fire?

science.howstuffworks.com...

ball lightning?

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-7-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Have you considered it was...

a Basketball???

(actually, we call them over here 'Orange Cannons' (PVC pipe tube with gas chamber/ignition), those things will shoot an orange a few hundreds meters, perhaps it was a basketball cannon??)

EDIT
Thank god there's always a numpty on youtube that's built one!

edit on 16-7-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Awe man.... We need a picture.

Did you stop to get a closer look? More details if there are any ....will be appreciated. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

as i stated i saw it very clear it passed like 20 ft in front of me it was a really strange looking brown i drove to where it entered the grove on the other side ant there was nothing there believe me i have already counted out anything being thrown

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I dont think 2 seconds would have been enough time to even think about a photo.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

it was solid color its just something i cannot explain just wondering if someone here knew of some type of technology for this

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

no it couldnt have been anything shot from anywhere i know the area and if there was someone with a cannon i would have seen them and i would have seen where it landed this didnt land

link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
reply to post by MamaJ

it was solid color its just something i cannot explain just wondering if someone here knew of some type of technology for this

This is the first thing that came to mind when I saw your post. This thread was created by slayer... www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX

link   
As a kid, i kicked many a ball across a road.....are you sure this wasn't the case here? Kids messing about nearby, kick a basketball straight in front of your truck?

CX.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There are ball shaped drones.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx

that is about the same size but it had an outer shell of some type of brownish red materal

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Was this what you saw?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What about a frisbee then? Frisbee's can go quite a ways, hardly see them these days so it might have caught you un-awares?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

it could not have been anything thrown or shot it travled about 50 -75 yards in 2 seconds about 2-3 seconds after that i was at the point of where it entered the grove i looked down the row and there was nothing there no tracks or anything

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXSvenXx
There are ball shaped drones.

www.youtube.com...

How about drone shaped balls?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Not saint elmos fire, that is not what he described.

read this article and let me know if it matches the description better en.wikipedia.org...

"The balls are reddish and have diverse size from smaller sparkles up to the size of basketballs;"
edit on 7/16/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Hahaha You beat me to it. A solid kick on a basket ball can send them in a diredct straight line...

The odd part is, that it was the same colour and shape and size of a basket ball..

Oo

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

come on people this is not b/s this is absoultly withought a doubt a real occurence my dad just called me and said theres a cop out in the same place i told him i saw it looking around apparently im not the only person to see it

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It's funny when you post incredulous stuff, folks will make fun of it. I know because I posted an incredible personal observation I had at approx 1 am in the morning through my window looking near my deck I observed a couple of strange looking entities. I got all sorts of laughs and suggestions from my beloved ATS folks but both my wife and I observed it so I do believe you when you said you saw something strange.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join