It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about idiots.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Was watching a program about con artists and the people they took advantage of.

Do you think that it really should be against the law to advantage of gullible people ie....con artists taking people for a lot of money, especially if there is no threats or acts of violence committed?

If so should a lot of the UFO, 9/11 and other assorted conspiracy people should be in jail too...correct?

May not reply right away...busy...just had a few minutes to create a thread about this question.
edit on 15-7-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I can

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Looks like you answered it for yourself...

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

One down....lol...who replies to a thread with no content yet..I mean really...

It was obviously not ready and was entered by accident.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by jude11

One down....lol...who replies to a thread with no content yet..I mean really...

It was obviously not ready and was entered by accident.

ATS + Obvious = Oxymoron.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

So, in your mind, it was a good idea to come to a conspiracy based website and insinuate that people who believe in such are......idiots?

Really?

Did you really think that thru or are you an..........__________
edit on 15-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm a really big one..some what hardly most of the time..I think

edit on 16-7-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

So, in your mind, it was a good idea to come to a conspiracy based website and insinuate that people who believe in such are......idiots?

Really?

Did you really think that thru or are you an..........idiot?

The question was...should people be thrown in jail for conning the stupid.

Yes I do believe that the conspiracy people in general are gullible...not all but some, but that was just a comparison not the main topic.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Was watching a program about con artists and the people they took advantage of.

Do you think that it really should be against the law to advantage of gullible people ie....con artists taking people for a lot of money, especially if there is no threats or acts of violence committed?

If so should a lot of the UFO, 9/11 and other assorted conspiracy people should be in jail too...correct?

May not reply right away...busy...just had a few minutes to create a thread about this question.
edit on 15-7-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I can

Now we have content!

Answer:

My mom always told me to help fools and idiots because they can't do it for themselves.

Why is that so difficult to understand?

Many people in our history were labeled as crazy and sometimes gullible so they died broke as well.. From our great philosophers, musicians, writers, dreamers, scholars, artists etc. And now? We understand.

But were they gullible...or just trusting?

And should those that take advantage of the trusting be thrown in jail? Nah...just cut them off at the knackers and fine them into bankruptcy....

Peace

edit on 16-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Yes and therefore all politicians should be locked up!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

Yes and therefore all politicians should be locked up!

Now I'll drink to that!!!!!
Well played good sir, well played.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know, I have no idea what your on about?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Do you think that it really should be against the law to [take] advantage of gullible people ie

It is against the law. It's called scamming. But I think this only applies to scams that cause people to pay money for nothing.

But, it's okay for businesses to charge people outrageous prices in return for items that cost next to nothing to manufacture.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If you were stupid would you still ask the question? Kind of stupid if you ask me. And besides most people do at least one stupid thing in there life time.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
waIt just a second here! If someone I knew were to rob me because they turned into a "con artist" or they were this whole time, i wouldnt consider them smarter than me. I would consider them as traitors, they will completely lose my trust, my respect, my friendship which is way more valuable to me than what ever materialistic thing I have. There for I would take them down myself If I have to and leave them in shame with lost of hope and Loneliness only to reveal their true identity for what they stand for. They will have nowhere to go no one to trust all doors will be closed at their face because everyone now knows who they really are.

It stays with you forever. it just sits their and waits very still... until you are so miserable that you cant even help yourself and you know you cant get help from anyone or anything else in the world for what you have done. SO you will slowly suffer..alone...miserable. Not even suicide would help because its still their with you forever and ever only a change a heart would do. And a change of heart means a change of life, a diferent life.

But you always have a choice
edit on 16-7-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Yeah...I'm with you on this....if someone "cons" another through lies and deception that makes them an "idiot" certainly not any smarter then an honest person they cheat.

The "universe" tends to deal with people that cause harm to others, but until then...yes......some "punishment" is appropriate.....and make them return the stolen money with interest...and that's exactly what should happen with the banksters that have robbed us blind!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Yes, they should. What you are potentially advocating here, is the core element of the Service to Self energetic polarity.

Self-servers are as diverse as any random group of people. They work in many different professions, but are particularly drawn to ones involving power. Much of the corruption in business and government is perpetrated by self-servers, many of whom are highly intelligent. They are never found in service professions, except as impostors or con men who prey off those in need. They have no sympathy for the needy, because they believe everyone should be self-sufficient. They believe that those who can't take care themselves will learn to take care of themselves by being taken advantage of. Consequently, they feel a spiritual duty to take advantage of the weak.

-- Gina Lake, The Extraterrestrial Vision

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If it was really against the law to do that then we would about 90% less alternative health "experts"

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I used to wonder about this stuff, then as I got older I realized that there are a lot of people who are a great deal "smarter" than I am overall, but far less "savvy" than myself. That realization made clear why a lot of the con laws are in place. Take computers, for instance. It is very easy to see why an elderly person could be fooled by some of these. For example, I forget the name of the worm, but I worked in an office whose network got infected. The worm was pretty serious and was very advanced. If you surfed to your online banking site and attempted to log in, it brought up a form which was tailored to your bank, stating that their network had been compromised and providing a form to fill out. This wasn't the dumb "mother's maiden name, social security number, home address form," either, it simply asked for you to input your routing & account number underneath the standard login and password boxes. I could easily see my parents, (who are relatively new to the whole computer world, having purchased one mainly to Skype with their grandchildren) entering this information without ever thinking they were being scammed.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
why not?

should the police treat the con artist with greater respect than the armed robber? if the alleged con artist actually believes the things others call cons, then its not a con...its just idiots.

the con artist who knows its a con screwed someone over, maybe they'll learn empathy by being screwed over by arbitrary legal proclamations.

even though many people consider mental and emotional forms of violence; acceptable forms of violence, compared to physical violence, i think they are the same.

instead of overcoming someone with physical strength, the con artist overcomes them with mental strength or emotional strength.

its about the same.

here's the upside...confidence schemes usually don't carry as much time as armed robbery, for example, and the con artist will serve their time in a less physically challenging prison and gets to spend time with other con artists.

top topics

join