Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Time For "Survival Life" Is NOW , People

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
With the current state of the economy and the fact that large corporations are turning the United States of America into an Oligarchy, I'd say, the SHTF is already in effect. Granted, it's not the same scenario we have been programmed through Hollywood movies to think it is, but like that old Palmolive commercial says, "You're soaking in it". More and more we hear millionaire politicians warn us of a "New Norm"as opposed to a "lets fix this". I'd say we are in the middle of a real life economic SHTF.

So, what do we do ? Well, we have been talking about preparing and getting our BOB ready. We have been sharing natural alternatives to medicine and do it yourself energy tips. We have been talking about ways to filter water and how to dig pits to cook. We talk about survival in the wild and what natural plants, nuts, vegetables, fruits , animals and bugs we can eat. We talk about all these things and I say we stop talking and start doing. This is the perfect time. Instead of preparing to survive, maybe we should just kick it up a notch and just start surviving.

That's right. If you live in an area with feral "Thumpers" , go get you one. You see those mushrooms growing in the wild , you know which ones are safe, grab a couple. They are delicious with some brown rice and soy sauce. Have a little rabbit on the side. If you "by accident" hit a deer while driving during off season, hey. Don't let it go to waste. There are all kinds of safe critters for human consumption running around right now. There's no need to go hungry. And with Monsanto dominating the entire food source, you are better off pulling wild plants and berries anyway.

Find out what is available in your area and go get you some. What are you waiting for ? Don't buy supplements if you already have the stuff growing in your back yard. Get that solar panel up and going. You can call this a Green Revolution or a Survival Revolution, it doesn't matter. Think about how much money you will save if you put all of the skills you have been talking about to use TODAY! Don't wait. You can go fishing. I forgot about that. Fish is good for the heart.

I'm not being snarky or condescending. I'm serious. Can you imagine what would happen to the power structure of TPTB if everyone went off the grid ? I'd say, we would be a lot more healthy, a lot more happy and a lot more free. Sure, we can still use the technology that is currently available; what's left of it anyway, but we should start integrating some of that other stuff into it so that if things do get "Hollywood movie bad", we wont be the ones panicking and freaking out. We will be the ones helping and teaching others how to survive.


Anyway, those are just my thoughts.




posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
hi op
seen for years
im in crown court for mod diy bullets
im a nut job in the eyes of the law
what do i say
i believe in society collapsing and i need my mod equipment because of ww3?
they will lock me up asap for beliefs that go against the norm..



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op
seen for years
im in crown court for mod diy bullets
im a nut job in the eyes of the law
what do i say
i believe in society collapsing and i need my mod equipment because of ww3?
they will lock me up asap for beliefs that go against the norm..


I don't know friend. You're in the UK so I am not familiar with your system enough to advise you on that.

I'm sorry



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher
 


Wow! Your post just seems to sum up what I've been feeling for the past few weeks. For some reason, I have felt an overwhelming urge to go camp out somewhere "off the grid" for a few days. Basically, just to see if I could "survive" without all the comforts. I'm a small town "city boy". 40+ years old, and the last time that I went camping was in my teens.

Been pricing BOB bags (have the contents, just not the bag yet...) small tents, sleeping bags, etc...

So...gonna just bite the bullet and make what purchases I need to and go for it. Probably gonna go for about 4 days, and see how I am.

Thanks for giving me affirmation for what I've been feeling!



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4
 


Oh absolutely you should go. It can be a "Training Vacation" for you. There's nothing like actually being out there to put all the book knowledge to the test. I'm a Gen-Xer as well. Were more prone to be analytic in our approach to life than the other generations as opposed to taking action. We take in information and then consider possibilities. But I think it's time to catch up to the others and put what we have learned into action now. We've learned from the past, we know the future and we are fully aware of the present.

It's crunch time.



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher
 


Survive hell!
I'm gonna thrive.
Some old world alternatives are light years better than alot of this new crap.
The "simple" life is much more rewarding anyway.
I fully agree, if we all unplugged from the mainstream garbage and did for ourselves, things would be a bit better.
As long as we all come out from time to time to mind the store and vote.



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
known that for years ... been get everything need from the jungle .. fishing down at the river and my garden since the early 80's ...
its been that way awhile now ... strongly suspect its already to late for those still in cities to get out now ...
well said OP s&f



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
$200 worth of Ramen noodles can last a very very very long time, and even more so if you buy them in bulk online at a few cents per package.

$200 worth of Ramen noodles is darned near enough for effective ballistic shielding, barricading, or even building an edible survival structure out of the Ramen noodle bricks.

For nutrition, and variety, mix in extra herbs and spices, meats, beans, eggs, veggies, whatever.
The packs can also be eaten raw, and are actually quite tasty raw and dry even without sprinkling or dipping into the flavor powder pack.

Ramen noodles; Better than Twinkies for any apocalypse.





posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla
 


Ramen is my friend...


But...$200 worth!? That'd be like 2000 packs! How would you carry them around? After reading your post, I imagined a apocalyptic world, with a guy lugging a cart behind him...



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4
 


Never have all your eggs, or Ramens in one basket.
Always have your supplies spread out over several caches, so, if you or your safe-house get got and taken for everything, well, it wasn't everything and you still have more than enough.



2000 packs of Ramen. How long would that last one person, or a family of 4?
Feed your family for how long on $200?


Survival doesn't have to be fancy or expensive.



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

$200 worth of Ramen noodles can last a very very very long time, and even more so if you buy them in bulk online at a few cents per package.

$200 worth of Ramen noodles is darned near enough for effective ballistic shielding, barricading, or even building an edible survival structure out of the Ramen noodle bricks.

For nutrition, and variety, mix in extra herbs and spices, meats, beans, eggs, veggies, whatever.
The packs can also be eaten raw, and are actually quite tasty raw and dry even without sprinkling or dipping into the flavor powder pack.

Ramen noodles; Better than Twinkies for any apocalypse.





That's what I'm talking about. There ya go.



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
There's not enough resources to go around in nature for everyone. So if everyone were to try and survive, there would be a lot of casualties. But I guess, wolves wouldn't be starving anymore.
I think the best we can do is try and find militias if it came to it and do what we can. I can't imagine the entire military being okay in attacking its citizens and there are plenty of cops ready for such an event too. After seeing what disgusting nature corruption can do, sometimes I kind of secretly wish that the UN tries to take away our guns. Perhaps, just perhaps it's all part of a grand scheme, where a revolt is necessary into the NWO.

We've all learned in school (Americans) of a famous saying. "Give me liberty or give me death" I'm surprised they didn't take that out of textbooks yet.



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I disagree with the shtf right now scenario. I have heard for years that "this is it", and nothing happens.

I think when the time comes, there will be no time for warnings. Either you are prepared or not. Either you live, or die.

edit on 15-7-2012 by NotAlone because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Had to jump in with a word on Ramen.

It is a filler food. Use as a side dish or as the base for added real food items. The nutritional content is almost zero and each packet is only 180 calories. In a long term survival situation in the wild, you will burn up to 5000 calories a day. Any attempt to sustain yourself on Ramen alone would be worse than trying to live on rabbit alone. You will lose a little bit of fat in the beginning and then your body will begin to convert muscle after a week or so.



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Had to jump in with a word on Ramen.

It is a filler food. Use as a side dish or as the base for added real food items. The nutritional content is almost zero and each packet is only 180 calories. In a long term survival situation in the wild, you will burn up to 5000 calories a day. Any attempt to sustain yourself on Ramen alone would be worse than trying to live on rabbit alone. You will lose a little bit of fat in the beginning and then your body will begin to convert muscle after a week or so.



I never thought of that! Great insight....thank you



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hundreds of Ramen recipes here...

Ramen Website Recipes

Look at the index on the right for different recipes...

5pooky



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Don't be a Survivalist because you're afraid. That won't work. Be a Survivalist because it's who you are, irrespective of whether a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI scenario is in play.

If you are a genuine Survivalist, you'll still be one even when everything's fine; when home delivered food is abundantly available, there's lots of oil, etc. Survivalism carries with it an inherent psychological framework, and even more than thinking and feeling, it's absolutely about intuition. If you don't have that...if the temperament just isn't you, then when something happens, you're most likely going to die anyway.

That doesn't mean that there aren't things you can do, of course. Buy yourself a first aid kit, and store up some spare food if you like, by all means. Just understand, however, that the whole box and dice is a lot more than that; and it's also about more than just what you do.

It's about what you are.



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
 


I'm not afraid of anything. I agree.



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4
reply to post by skepticconwatcher
 


So...gonna just bite the bullet and make what purchases I need to and go for it. Probably gonna go for about 4 days, and see how I am.


a} Think about where you're going. Is it a national park? Is it somewhere a long way away from other people? Get your feet wet, by all means; but don't isolate yourself to the point where you'll be really screwed if something goes wrong. Don't go completely out of your depth. Let someone know where you're going to be, before you go.

b} Think about your level of fitness. Are you up to carrying everything you need? If you're not, you might want to hold off for a couple of weeks (or months) and try getting yourself in better shape, first. Do you have any medical conditions? Can you compensate for them adequately when you're out there, if you do?

c} How much do you know? Do you know about firebuilding, pitching a tent, tying knots etc? I don't know how to get a fire going completely from scratch. If you think you're going to need to know that, it might be a good idea to read up on it.

d} How much have you read about necessary things to take? Yes, there's the bug out bag, but what goes in it? Cooking equipment, a first aid kit, maybe some tools, depending on what you're doing. There's any number of good equipment lists online, which will give you an idea.



posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Don't be a Survivalist because you're afraid. That won't work. Be a Survivalist because it's who you are, irrespective of whether a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI scenario is in play.

If you are a genuine Survivalist, you'll still be one even when everything's fine; when home delivered food is abundantly available, there's lots of oil, etc. Survivalism carries with it an inherent psychological framework, and even more than thinking and feeling, it's absolutely about intuition. If you don't have that...if the temperament just isn't you, then when something happens, you're most likely going to die anyway.

That doesn't mean that there aren't things you can do, of course. Buy yourself a first aid kit, and store up some spare food if you like, by all means. Just understand, however, that the whole box and dice is a lot more than that; and it's also about more than just what you do.

It's about what you are.


Excellent words here petrus4! I don't consider myself a "survivalist" in any way...but I'm not afraid either. This is why I want to "test" myself. "Can I make it? At least a few days?" Knowing that (at least right now) that I can go do my thing and still return to "normalcy" makes me really want to try.





new topics

top topics



 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def