It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Gets the Dump - Jeb Bush Gets the Hump to 2012 -

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

They're all old news. Doubtful he has any significant role that will be in the open, to public view. Maybe they were making some backroom deal for Jeb in the next election cycle where The Community Organizer will get some graveyard/prison cell votes for Jeb if they help him this time around.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
IMHO as a Floridian, I think that Jeb did a pretty good job. Compared to Rick Scott, the corrupt stooge who is our current governor, Jeb looks like a god.

One thing I cannot forgive Jeb for however, he and his administration has all but destroyed the education system here. FCAT, school vouchers, budget cuts, etc.

With that said, there would still be a decent chance I would vote for him given the opportunity.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
The surprise Republican candidate that not many in the know were expecting – except me of course.

Actually - - this has been talked about on the radio stations I listen to.

It's been sitting in the wings for a while. Not that big of a surprise. That and Hillary as Obama's VP.

This is one election that nothing will surprise me.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953IMHO as a Floridian, I think that Jeb did a pretty good job. Compared to Rick Scott, the corrupt stooge who is our current governor, Jeb looks like a god. One thing I cannot forgive Jeb for however, he and his administration has all but destroyed the education system here. FCAT, school vouchers, budget cuts, etc.
With that said, there would still be a decent chance I would vote for him given the opportunity.

What's interesting about your post is that Jeb's strong suit is his education agenda/policy........he's very well liked in those circles and is promoted with great favor as the great reformer of the entire presently defunct system of education in America..........
edit on 16-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

That's pretty surprising to me actually, most of the folks I know think very similarly to myself in these regards.

In St. Lucie County a few years ago, teacher protests were quite common. Disgusted with the current system.

A neighbor of my parents, who was also my 11th grade American History teacher, left teaching after 22 years because the Florida teachers are only suppose to focus on the FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test), there is no curriculum allowed that doesn't specifically cater to this test and this test alone. Raises for teachers are almost solely assessed based upon their students FCAT scores in their subject. His only advice to me was to private school my children.

I dunno, as I am poking around the web I see that the general consensus is that the education system here is quite good. In fact we seem to rate really high when compared to the other states. So yeah it looks like he did a great job, and if you want to believe that go ahead. Most people do.

I realize my opinion may be skewed by what I've seen locally, but all I have seen is failure..... I also realize this isn't the opinion of most outside of the state.

Any other Floridians care to chime in?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
G. Herbert Walker Bush aka self proclaimed New World Order daddy has already been President of the USA for 20 years.

8 with Reagan, 4 with himself, and 8 with Boy George Bush. There will be no more Bushy's in Presidency-ever!

OP you can mark my words on that. You take my words to the bank and you stick it up yer a-hole 2!

edit on 16-7-2012 by poppycock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Does anyone realize that we have had a Bush or Clinton as President or Vice President, from 1980 to 2008, that is twenty eight years. Then, Hilliary became Secretary of State, IMHO, that counts, as it is a very powerful position.

32 years of Bushes and Clintons running our country.

Why do people still like to think that they are somehow different? They all work towards a common goal, no matter what it may seem like.

Theyv'e done a heck of a job. Just look at our country, and compare it to 30 years ago.

And I agree, we do not need yet another Bush, or another Clinton.

edit on 16-7-2012 by PacificBlue because: grammar

edit on 16-7-2012 by PacificBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue

Theyv'e done a heck of a job. Just look at our country, and compare it to 30 years ago.

I am assuming you are too young to remember the early 1980's, the economy sucked...

The peak of the recession was in November and December 1982, when the nationwide unemployment rate was 10.8%, highest since The Great Depression. As of 2011, it is still the highest since the 1930s. In November, West Virginia and Michigan had the highest unemployment with 16.4%. Alabama was in third with 15.3%. South Dakota had the lowest unemployment rate in the nation, with 5.6%. Flint, Michigan had the highest unemployment rate of all Metro areas with 23.4%.

By 1979, inflation reached a startling 11.3% and in 1980 soared to 13.5%

The prime interest rate eventually reached 21.5% in June 1982.

Early 1980s recession
edit on 16-7-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Maybe I could have written that better, but I was being sarcastic.
I do remember the recession in the 1980's. The only thing worse than graduating from college in the early 1980's would be to graduate now.

My first job after college was waiting tables in an employee cafeteria, because that was all I could get at the time. It took some time to find a "real" job, but eventually I did. I also remember grad students working at Denny's and grocery stores because no one would hire them. Instead of padding resumes, during the early 1980's everyone was trying to sound like they had less education, so they could get hired and not be told they were overqualified.

At least that is how I remember it.

I was trying to say that we need to get rid of both the Clinton's and the Bush's, but I am not sure if that would change anything.

edit on 16-7-2012 by PacificBlue because: grammar

edit on 16-7-2012 by PacificBlue because: add text

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
300 million Americans...

... and 3 members of the Bush family as President within 20 years?

Something seriously wrong with that math.

Why not just institute a Monarchy?

Obama, is nothing *but* a reconsiliation for the Bush's nullifying the black community's vote in the past.

If jeb is *real* ... I'd say he's a 2016 candidate, not a 2012 candidate. Obama will have 4 more years.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join