It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

reply to post by Shadow Herder

Looks like a transitional form from pictographs.. archaic .. not cuneiform .

It bears a resemblance to the character for SAG ... which can mean many thing dependent on placement in context .
Head = SAG
Leader = SAG DU
HURSAGMU = Mountain of the Sky
Harsag Zalazalag = Peak Which Emits the Brilliance

I don't share your opinion that it looks like head but, hypothetically, if you are correct, then none of your suggestions are things that are likely to have been sent as a tribute, which is what the tablet lists

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Marduk

Any ideas as to the proper name ..? I know it is close to the sag symbol but ...?

Now I have to know ....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

your question has already been answered further up the thread

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hello

So, I am a curious person. I like to see things. Just lets say I am from "The Show Me State".

I have been looking around, and I just have NO visual aid for these "Standards", outside of the seal. There are many examples of most of the items being discussed, such as......

The Primordial Mound of Atum

Benben Stone of Heliopolis

Benben Stone of the U.S. on their Corrupted Currency.

Physical depictions of the Mound, and the Cap Stone of Heliopolis, along with the jab for comic relief at the Federal Reserve issue of worthless currency which really isn't all that Federal in reality.

Then, looking for these "standards", all there seems to be are examples, depicting examples whether on Papyrus or etched in walls, or carved out of seals.

It would appear to me that something this commonly expressed and depicted would have survived and actually been found and be a physical item.

It's not like we are discussing the Ark of the Covenant. This isn't the "only" standard. There are depictions of many, but no physical evidence of these outside of these varied depictions.

Does anyone have any evidence that these artistic impressions are in fact based on the specific items being "created" in these various records that have been presented.

It is as if these "standards" are used to demonstrate importance when pictorials aids are required, and as such, are "words" apposed to being actual items.

The only Items presented so far, have had nothing to do with the Topic. The Sumerian Adam and Eve is a wonderful piece of work and quite beautiful. The Stone Basin, again, it's nice for washing hands and such. The Lamp, well that was just silly. I may as well be presenting......

Ben

Everything else, is representational upon tables, seals, and stone.

I looked through 100's of pages of Photos in the last few days. I found nothing. Awaiting some assistance in respects to this.

Ciao

Shane

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join