It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Urban survival for SHTF / WROL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
An old Soldier once told me....

The first rule in combat is that there are none.

When it comes to hand to hand combat remember almost everything is harder than your hand including your opponents head so never use your empty hands unless you have absolutely no other option.

Taking this into consideration I would arm myself with something, anything.

Get a gun - I am a generally law abiding type but I once descended into the underworld and purchased handgun on the street. It was relatively cheap, easy to get and easy to hide. I wanted to see how easy it was and also to have a firearm that was untraceable to me just in case.

In a country such as yours if you ever need it the laws restricting it are going to be the last thing you need to worry about. Hide it somewhere with a couple hundred rounds and never speak of it again… Then when SHTF you will be one of the few in your country with an advantage.

Also, make a walking stick or buy a cane sword or # carry a ball peen hammer as I said, anything is better than your hands. A ball peen hammer is a very well balanced, lethal tool in close combat. Here in the US of course I carry a M48 Tomahawk to the same end but that’ll likely get you hemmed up in the UK.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Another thing about the pack. Waterproof it.

When the pack holds air it can hold up a tired/wounded swimmer or support a bit of cammoflage when crossing water.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

I would love a few guns man but the UK PC brigade outlawed them a long time ago.

E

Did they outlaw pellet guns also?
Anything that throws a projectile is a gun. Something Pneumatic would work and could go unnoticed in the meantime. Maybe a modified nail gun? Paintball gun that shoots ball bearings or marbles? You don't need black powder to be lethal.

Catapults? I shoot hunting catapults, they are small enough to fit in your pocket, yet they can throw a 12mm lead ball at over 250fps with accuracy. The lead shot carries a lot of kinetic energy too, recently I hit a wooden fence post at 25m, made a hole 1/2 an inch deep in the wood and flattened one side of the lead shot.

I took up archery a few years ago, one of my reasons being to be able to hunt food in the case of a SHTF scenario, but when I got turned onto slingshots I quickly realized that A: they're cheaper than bows, you can even make your own, B: they're easier to gain accuracy quickly with than a bow, C: the ammo is cheaper than arrows, I make my own ammo from scrap lead poured into molds, or you can just use stones, D: they are far easier to carry, ie in your pocket, E: they are great fun.

Considering that hunting deer or large game is not an option where I live, and obviously not an option if you live in a city, a catapult is a very good addition to a survival kit as a means of hunting small critters or birds and even as a means of personal defense, a well placed shot of steel or lead ammo would easily take down an assailant.

The main component of catapults are the bands or tubes you use, and you can basically shoot anything you attach them too.

My latest catapult:

edit on 15-7-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ask and ye shall receive...

Mega Load Of Survival Documents

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is it possible to make a gun and bullets at home?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
hi op

im in a lot of #e
currently on bail for firearm charges
i had 2 illeagal blank autos
winchester .232 rifle rounds, powder, nail gun crtridges shotgun cartridges and modified diy bullets

the forensic report came through
they fired one of my diy bullets which was made from an 8mm blank
believe me a little knowledge and improvisation will go a long way

my charge is complicated
im either doing 5 yrs jail or unpaid work, i hope its the latter...
my point is
the law is still full of mistakes...e.g
without a licence i can own a black powder gun made before 1917
i can own shotgun cartridges, the forensic report even says so

anyway improvise, ive been doing it for years
and if i do go to jail
i will do the same thing wen i get out..make my own

Feck the law feck the gov
wen you look in your kids eye you will do anything to safeguard their life when tshtf
this is wen i question myself...Am i a nut job?
i used to think peeps that believed in the bible were nut jobs but..
i find myself looking more into that subject

end of codswallop
dave

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
Is it possible to make a gun and bullets at home?

YES without a doubt
i have done since i was 14 (now 34)
read above

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Yes! YouTube "Zip Gun"

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Some good points thanks.

My main concern is the amount of people with families who will be desperate for food and shelter, how would you deal with people in need? I think i would want to help but then again i will want to look out for me first and foremost....

E

Your question is a problem for me only in so far as blocking out my natural empathy and compassion for the suffering of others will be something to overcome and compartmentalize.

In practice? My concern is for me and mine, no one else. Period. Supplies are finite in the situation we're theorizing and may not have replacements. So much as a band-aid outside the immediate group of support I'm within could be what we lack and causes infection to one among us down the road. It's cold and it's hard but it's how it is in a Major Disaster if it's down to carrying survival packs and relying upon what's in it.

I'd like to hope we don't reach that point. Even Katrina was a world away from ever going that far. The whole world still existed just miles outside the 'Zone' and everyone inside it, knew that. God help us all if the situation comes to pass that no 'whole world' as such, exists "out there". No one else will.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As well as the crossbow, a sword, several knives or daggers, and throwing weights, quarter house bricks are handy,
or if near the sea, hand sized stones from the shore.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No one has suggested condoms here as part of the survival gear. That was one thing we were taught to have always. Not for the obvious use, but to carry water, and water proof anything that you don't want crud getting into.

Living in Yorkshire, you're not too far from the black peak. Start learning how to collect and dry out peat. as a fuel.

But why learn polish?? that I don't understand?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

hes learning polish because....
here in the midlands russian and polish all have jobs
why is that?
i suppose that before a world war scenario happens..the polish are best to know..
me?
i think hes a traitor

(just kidding just kidding) (robocop)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

Very true that ...ill look into it .

E

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Looks great and i don't doubt there very powerful but i would look to get a gun as a projectile launcher ...although the catapult would be great for small game hunting.

E

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Awesome thank you!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Hope you dont get time mate , cheers for the advice!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Hahaha maybe true lol.....but seriously there is a massive influx of polish and eastern European people coming over to live in the UK, polish alone there are over 500,000 !

E

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hahaha maybe true lol.....but seriously there is a massive influx of polish and eastern European people coming over to live in the UK, polish alone there are over 500,000 !

E

i know m8
these are peeps that eat steroids to survive..
steroids for brittle bone disease
steroids for lack of food consumption
basically steds for anything lol
these peeps are big buggers and scare me ...
here in coventry the council admitted that immigration is a problem...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If no guns, then a crossbow?

ETA: actually, those aren't allowed in many states in the US either (with regards to hunting) so, archery bow? Not be subtle, though..

edit on 15-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Crossbows require attention all the time you are carrying them because of their snaggy shape, and the way the arrow has to lay just right in the guide.

A gun requires almost no attention at all just to carry it.

A crossbow could be an excellent offensive weapon, when you get to chose the time and place to use it.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join