It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Urban survival for SHTF / WROL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I consider myself a fairly logical thinker and lead a some what normal life here in the good old UK, I live in Yorkshire and have family in Birmingham (big city).

Over the last 6 months after really stumbling upon videos on youtube such as the 9/11 questions, the banking problems and terrorist cells still highly active i have wanted to focus on being ready for anything.
I am now learning the following things to make myself better able to look after myself in the UK when (not if) we take a turn for the worst.

I'm learning polish as i think it will be handy to know.

I'm already very mush a mixed martial artist with 5 pro cage fights under my belt, but fighting under rules in a cage where 99% of the time i'm fighting good people who i would always shake hands with after the fight i realize out in the streets of the UK in WROL places ill have to have fast and maybe lethal attacks to keep me and those around me safe. I'm looking at Krav Maga as a training style as it is very dynamic and has weapon drills too.

Also i'm building a a really well thought out urban/outdoor survival pack, this is still a work in progress but i'm pleased so far.

I'm building a new routine when i work out to get my cardio and grip strength and stamina to new levels using the climbing frame at the gym (hanging off bars and ropes etc).

Id love some advice from people who have any ideas on things i should research or learn in order to "be a more effective survivor" post SHTF

E

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
For SHTF, I would study both mechanical and electrical engineering. Both would be invaluable in any survival scenario, especially in an urban environment where materials would be plentiful.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Ahhh yes! never thought of that ... thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Get a Gun..

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

I would love a few guns man but the UK PC brigade outlawed them a long time ago.

E

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Start running with a wight vest or a pack. Their are allot of packs you can buy online that look small but carry allot. You dont want to be a target, stay under the radar. Map out your area, have several routs for different situations ready so you can act fast. Keep traffic and dangerous area's in mind. Google maps is grate for finding resources. If you plan to move far, map out your whole trip so that you do not run out of resources to survive.
I know the UK does not have many guns but as the saying goes in the land of the blind the eyed man rules.
Buy a fire arm so that you can shorten your chances of having to use lethal force. Just point your gun and tell them to back off.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
One of these chav traps are a must for any uk based SHTF scenario

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

I would love a few guns man but the UK PC brigade outlawed them a long time ago.

E

They are not completely outlawed.
en.wikipedia.org...

You can still own a revolver, a rifle or a shotgun.

Wiki says you need a permit for a rifle or a shot gun but it does not say any thing about a revolver. SCREW IT!!! This is your life we are talking about, if you have to go "underground"
to protect your self I would. If America banned guns they would still be around WINK WINK!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

E

Did they outlaw pellet guns also?
Anything that throws a projectile is a gun. Something Pneumatic would work and could go unnoticed in the meantime. Maybe a modified nail gun? Paintball gun that shoots ball bearings or marbles? You don't need black powder to be lethal.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I do not know the laws in the UK, but archery would seem like a nice compromise for a firearm. Maybe a crossbow?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Yeah ive been doing some weighted back pack runs/hikes etc...great advice about the maps and route planning thanks!

E

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

lol nice

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

To be fair your right and i could get anything i wanted (I know a few people) but i don't wanna run the risk of getting caught.

E

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

To be fair your right and i could get anything i wanted (I know a few people) but i don't wanna run the risk of getting caught.

E

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
2 words with the Olympics and World watching you.

Good Luck.

Buy some food, pay your cable, lock the door, and chill for a few weeks.

It could get ugly.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Best tip I can give you, if it is a SHTF event and you have to fight, do not play around.....there is no rule book, there is fight and kill, or die.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

E

Still, get a gun.
Buy it, steal it, make it, just get one.
The difference between a soldier and a peasant, one has a gun.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Just my two cents for a general way of approaching the pack. Think of packing ways to produce what you need rather than carrying it. I.E... Water filters, not heavy bottles of water. Whatever you think you could actually use to capture, kill and prep critters for dinner. After all, food has to come from someplace and past disasters show the store isn't that place for longer than it takes looters to arrive. I suppose specifics on the last depends on location and I have no idea what is wandering around your country. Wildlife here is everywhere once out of the heavily populated areas.

Finally..the most important thing I've come to doing... Knowledge. As much as I think may be useful for use AND trading (bartering..
) to print and roll into paper towel rolls. The latter idea, I picked up from my graphics arts classes at school. It's a nifty trick for keeping art safe....and with some plastic wrap and tape, making waterproof printout holders to slip into a tote bag or backpack with minimal space.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Some good points thanks.

My main concern is the amount of people with families who will be desperate for food and shelter, how would you deal with people in need? I think i would want to help but then again i will want to look out for me first and foremost....

E

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I do agree but the risk while things are normal is to much, I do plan on finding firmarms and ammo where im on the move etc.

I do have good knives etc and i don't plan on taking any prisoners if you get what i mean, it goes without saying though i won't go looking for fights. I wan't to stay off the grid as much as i can.

E

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join