It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guild Wars 2 - Who's playing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
im on darkhaven

character Hathlor

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So whats everybody who played it opinion on Guild Wars 2?

I have been looking at vids of Guild Wars 2, it seems they really updated and expanded things from the first one. I don't have the game, and my computer right now may run it but it will be choppy and on the lowest settings. But man been looking at vids of it and some of the new pvp aspect of the game like world vs world, I remember in the first one on the hall of heroes it got pretty hepatic with all kinds of teams fighting and the battles could last for hours. But in this one its way huger and way more ground to cover, but it still looks as hepatic as ever.

Even the PVE aspect of it looks just bigger, badder, and crazier. I dont know how big the world is but in the first game it was pretty huge and you could spend months just exploring it and doing various quests and boss fights. I still remember farming the fissure of woe, for shards, and the underworld for ectos. That and getting killed when you got noobs in your team and they run up the aataxes and proceeding to get get killed in one hit. That or the trolls who ran around agroed all the enemies they could and bring them straight to you. Ah! Fun times, hopefully they bring back crazy hard almost unbeatable areas like the Fissure of Woe and the Underworld in Guild Wars 2.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

It is a great game. The only part that is kind of lame is the voice over stuff. But, really, that's not a big deal when one considers that voice acting to this degree is a fairly new addition to MMORPGs.

One of my favorite parts of online games is exploring the world, seeing if I can climb mountains or going into deadly areas just to see what is there. This game does not disappoint - and the graphics are excellent. They did a great job in making sure that folks without expensive machines could still play.

Galad, do you think you could upgrade your computer? You could upgrade your RAM and graphics card for like $50-$60.

You should try playing it anyway, just to see what it's like. There are a lot of instanced events, so that decreases the strain on your computer as well.

The world PvP is fantastic, too, I mean how can you go wrong with ongoing server vs. server PvP in a massive zone? Also, they have a cool function where everybody is the same level; all skills and armor scales up to match that of the highest player. So, you can start PvPing whenever you want.

Speaking of groups, another excellent point is that all classes can perform all duties. One thing I really dislike is waiting around to find a group, a la WoW - needing a dedicated tank, healer, and a couple of dps to do anything at all. With this game, you just grab a few people and head out.

I like this game, too, because there isn't really a grind. You can level up if you want to, but it isn't really a necessity to have fun or to participate in events. Raiding isn't the end-game. And, that is refreshing.

edit on 9/19/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I actually bought the game the next day that I wrote up that reply. My computer broke almost a year ago, now I use this laptop which is pretty powerful but its used mostly for other things. It can run on it, but its slow and its choppy, and that's on the lowest graphics settings.

But the reasons you listed above was the a major point why I liked the first game. In the pvp aspect everybody was always the same level, so it all depended on the skills you used and on the game plan your guild had to win. The world vs world looks crazy, but my laptop would go crazy trying to keep all those characters and all the things going on at the same time.

And its about time they got rid of monks, I freaking hated those guys with a passion, not only were they an over-buffed class in the first game. But in certain places, like in the UW you could not get anywhere without at lest 2 monks in your party. So you ended up sitting and looking for a monk a lot, in fact most times for hours before you found somebody who knew what they were doing, which killed the game play and made it frustrating. That and the fact that in pvp, since I used an war or an ele they were usually the most annoying charter to come up against, when I switched to a war/mesmer I messed them up, but that was at the cost of certain skills that only really worked against them, so it made me week against any other character.

I am thinking its time to get a new computer, so who knows I will probably be playing this game when I do the character I made was basically just to try and see if the laptop would handle it, and to scope the new stuff out that they implemented in GW2. I really need a new computer anyways, so I suppose I shall see.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join