It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guild Wars 2 - Who's playing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It looks like it will be exciting, I'm intrigued by their new ideas for gameplay.

I have a beta key for next weekend's beta testing. I'm hoping I enjoy it.

Anyone played Beta, or planning to check it out?
edit on 7/15/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

My husband and I will be playing! I'm super excited. It seems like its gonna be a million times different from what the usual MMO is like. I love the dynamic gameplay where you actually make a difference in how the world is shaped.

I will be playing an asura mesmer during beta more than likely. I got a key for next weekend.
edit on 15-7-2012 by angrymomma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I've been playing through the last couple betas and will be playing during the next one as well. This will be the first beta that the Asura and Sylvari are available to play so that will be my focus this time around.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I've played through all of the beta weekends so far. The next is on the 20th, on Friday. The Asura and Sylvari will be playable this time. Hell, I still don't know what to roll when the game gets released next month.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to play, either, so many of them look like fun. I'm interested in the Sylvari and Norn races, and so far most interested in the ranger class. I'm sure I'll end up making many varied character combinations, but I'm just excited that I'll be able to try it out on my own soon.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I"m playing. I have all of the Guild Wars 1 games and still have not finished all of them.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I WILL!! I never played Guild Wars (even though I heard A LOT about it, and a lot of friends played it, much like with WoW).

I was so caught up in the amazing world of Lineage 2 honestly. It's been my favourite mmorpg ever since back in early 2004 when I first tried it in the open beta stage. But when I heard this song from Guild Wars Faction, I was like O_O

So now I'm very interested in Guild Wars 2. Music is such an important part of the atmosphere, ESPECIALLY for mmorpgs. So I'm definitely going to play it.

Btw, if anyone's interested, here's some amazing music from Lineage 2 as well. It's no wonder I loved that game so much *__*

Sorry for going all music on your asses, but I just love it =D

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My clan Lethal Vengeance will be conquering worlds once it comes out.

If you guys want to tag along just to see whats up, just search for Guild Wars - Vengeance in the facebook groups or message me here.

Theres already 10 plus people and we've been as a group stomping multiple games spanning from FPS, to MMO's depending on whos playing.

Since Guild Wars 2 presents a need for a larger group of people, we are willing to get people who are willing to work with our plans of world domination.

We already have a ventrillo server, so no need to find a way to get a chat room going.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

Sounds like fun, thanks for putting that invite out there...

Sadly, I can't commit to a guild at this point. I prefer casual play anyway (burned out on raiding doing MC in WoW a long time ago), and don't have much time for more than logging in a few hours per week to explore and experiment.

I'm going to get the client downloaded today, feeling excited!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I played the living hell out of the first Guild Wars.

I was till about a year ago really looking forward to Guild Wars 2, but man I know that if I get on, I will in all probably wont be getting off the game for some time. If its anything like the first game it will be addicting, and I do like to have a life other then videogames, or at least that was one of my new years resolutions as well. To get a life.

But then again Guild Wars is one of the few MMO's that you can pick up and play and dont have to put in massive amounts of hours to have fun in it, or just to get anywhere, the first one the level cap they had in it really made it a pick up and play type of game and not a "Job" that some games like WOW are. You can go on it for a few hours a day and just have fun in both the pve department and the pvp department without it becoming tedious or spending massive amounts of hours in it go get anywhere. The first game was a action packed interesting experience from beginning to end, and I think the second will be the same if not a whole lot more.

And from all I heard they really put in the time and effort on Guild Wars 2 so it should blow the a lot of the other MMO's out out there out of the water. I hate to admit it but I will probably be picking up this game sooner or latter, and if I do I suppose I could see if there are any ATSers playing this game, we can make a clan or something.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Sounds like a plan!

I'm going to log in right now to do some Beta testing. I am exceedingly excited.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I will be. Pre-ordered. Played the beta. It's good.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Haven't got into any of the Beta weekends, as my PC blew up :S

I have recently finished building my new rig, and have just Pre-Purchased my copy ready for the early access on the 25th!

I really can't wait for this game, and would love to get to see some of you on there, message me for add details

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Definitely, and only 2 more days for per-purchase people. Loved the first one. Very different and still brings back many great memories. I knew then I would not hesitate to get the sequel and here we are...7 years later. It's finally here

Won't disappoint. Everyone in beta sounds pleased.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Flagged due to over-excitement.
Not long left until I can play!

Hoping to see more interest here from ATSers

- Dobby

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You know...

that Mesmer class...

That kinda looks fun.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

Well, don't do something stupid. Like iron your hands, or something! Lolz

My daughter was participating in a stress test, about 10 minutes ago. It was only about 45 minutes long and she is climbing the walls with frustration. Driving me crazy with the countdown for the last month or so.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I couldn't afford to pre-order, so have to wait a little longer to play.

Glad there are more who are going to play! I enjoyed the beta weekend I got in, and am looking forward to exploring more of the world.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well I must say, minus a few login issues yesterday this game has not disappointed!

Fantastic so far, I can see my life being sucked into this damned game, it is very very good

Inbox me anyone looking for a friend ingame

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I just started playing as a human thief (only got to lvl 6) but so far it seems like a pretty cool game - the "world" is huge just like WoW; I've spent most of my time just exploring to figure out where different stuff is. You even get XP for just exploring the map - kinda cool. I plan on playing with several real life friends so it should be fun, only time will tell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join