It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat Wave Bakes Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well today here Québec city was not that hot sorry ben stop lcn ! yes was one hot day but not that record breaker if you go the weatheroffice check historical data

Today montreal got Yesterday

Max:
32.4°C

record for this day Highest Temperature (1942-2011) 32.8°C 1952

www.weatheroffice.gc.ca...
edit on 15-7-2012 by Dolby_X because: add some stuff

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dolby_X
Well today here Québec city was not that hot sorry ben stop lcn ! yes was one hot day but not that record breaker if you go the weatheroffice check historical data

LCN lol

its even worst then CNN

Well in Oka the temperature was extremely hoter then any summer in my life
did you know that the X classed solar flare hit North America in the afternoon ?
this thing was 15 times the size of earth

Montreal report say that around 15:00 it was the hottest hrs of the day

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
If its 110 in Quebec, they are getting a heat spell alright. Because the temps in the Okanagan used to be 105 for a stetch here and there in the summer. I never thought east got quite as hot typically, but there probably were exceptions. 29 C here. Most summers did see high 30's right, and then I grew up with dips into the 40's for summer.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

A fellow Okanagan-er.

Ben81, just because your side of the country is having a heat wave doesn't mean all of Canada is.

I spent the first 6yrs of my life growing up in Alberta and the remaining 17yrs of my life in the Okanagan. It's considered a desert valley. Last year and this year we did get late summers and a fair amount of rain in the spring, especially this year. It's not as hot as it has been but we're just running a bit behind. Soon the horrible summer heat will be here and I'm not a really fan of anything over 30. I would love it if there were only Spring and Fall

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The temp in Québec province south part can go up to 35 in july ... yes there's is alot of small wood fire hard to get over just because the soil is dry. But as far i can remember since 1995 we got these type of summer each year.

Just a little sample i took in 2 minutes searching data

in 2010 Montreal got a 34.2
www.climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca...

even today in Québec city with the wind was a nice day to be outside !
edit on 15-7-2012 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I grew up in southwestern Ontario not far from lake Eire and remember many a scorching summer working the tobacco fields. Always hot and muggy in the summer there. Lived in Alberta for 30 yrs. now and I've got to say it's still damned hot out there... but it's a dry heat usually. Last few days though the humidex has been way up with the heat so it giving us some severe thunderstorms and one hell of a light show with it (like tonight). Now throw in the smoke from a bunch of fires burning up north and it gets rather irritating. Maybe the rain will cool things down and wash the air clean.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Here's the current jet stream:

And the projection for the 20th:

The jet stream is so far North right now it's not funny. Take a look at the current jet stream and model projections in .GIF form here:

www.weatherbank.com...
edit on 7/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: made thumbnail links

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Its not funny its hot

directly on Quebec
this heat wave is across canada
and it follow the path that the Solar flare took
i have saw a map that had the same patern
so the heat wave is no coincidence ..
solar flares will make the sun seem way other then the normal
so far we have been bombarded of solar flares for month with major M class
and 7 X class but this one was the biggest X class so far

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

We've been baking here in Michigan too.

Here's an interesting article from October 2011 re: Solar flares/heat waves and the Solar flare
of June 8, 2011:

click on thumbnail for larger photo
Source

Did the Massive Solar Flare Cause a Heat Wave?
by Robert Romano

...On June 8, just a day after the flare, cities like Washington, D.C. (99 degrees), Baltimore, Md.(99 degrees), Syracuse, N.Y. (97 degrees), Newark, N.J. (99 degrees), and Philadelphia, Pa. (97 degrees) all set new records in temperature.

Suddenly, it got really hot. So, the question is why? Was it the solar flare?

Duke University’s Dr. Nicola Scafetta may have an answer. He has been studying solar variability and its impact upon global temperatures for years now. But it may be too early to tell.

“Right now it is not possible to arrive to any conclusion. There [is] no data available for analysis,” he said when reached for comment.

He explained, “Solar flares can only contribute to a small spike in the solar output… If any effect may exist I would say that the occurrence of large solar flare events may affect the upper atmosphere in such a way to partially reduce the cloud cover which would cause a warming in some region.”

“But,” he added, “this is only an unproven speculation right now.”

In 2003, along with Dr. Bruce West, Scafetta wrote based on his research that “Earth’s short-term temperature anomalies and the solar flare intermittency are linked.” Scafetta and West explained, “any significant changes in solar activity should result in equivalent changes in the earth’s global temperature.”

Meaning, after the tremendous solar flare on June 7, there could have been some measurable impact on the Earth’s temperature, as it appears there was with this most recent flare.
netrightdaily.com...

edit on 7/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Imagine the damage that this X-class solar flare made to Earth Magnetic shield
the aurores boreal is earth shield being bombarded by UVs and protons
more and more until we reach a peak near the end of 2012

i think the shield are being weakened by an anomaly in space making the poles rotate
it mess up earths weather and the magnetic shield making the sun more dangerous then ever

not the biggest expert on that but i suspect something like that is happening
can you confirm whats going on ?

thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This looks promising:

The Earth’s Weakening Geomagnetic Force and Possible Polar Reversal
www.science20.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

No... never heard of **any** firearm discharging itself without someone pulling the trigger, it would have to get incredibly hot, oven temperatures, for a primer in a round to ignite the powder grain inside the casing. When I was young and stupid we used to chuck boxes of cheap low grain .22 rounds into campfires and it would take around 20 to 30 seconds for the bullets to "cook off".

When carrying firearms at the range, home or camping, you NEVER have a round chambered anyways as it would be very poor firearms safety practice.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You might be interested in this website if you are into monitoring CME's and other scientific solar information... I personally use it for amateur radio signal propagation forecasts.

Solarham - CME Monitoring, Aurora, Sunspots, Etc...

edit on 15-7-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here in south Texas, we had the same horrible drought last year with absolutely no rain and triple digit heat for the entire summer. But this year the drought area shifted north to you guys, meanwhile here we've been having flooding rains with lower temps. So hang in there, it will get better.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It has been insanely hot here in Nova Scotia, I'd say the only province not getting royally baked is B.C. and perhaps Alberta. That still leaves the majority of the country you know, cough cough. So yes, the majority of Canada is in a heatwave. All my beautiful flowers are literally being burned to a crisp by the sun here in the Annapolis Valley, the water levels are really low (which sucks when you are on a well) the rivers are about 8 feet low..I repeat, 8 feet low. I was outside for literally 4 to 5 minutes today around 2:30 pm and I'm burned like Red Lobster is my name. Meanwhile I was outside for quite a long time yesterday, no burn.

Personally I think the solar storm/weakened magnetosphere is giving us some super strong rays. We are all swelting here. I love the heat, I do not however like the sweats.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

I use that site already. But thanks nevertheless.

102 degrees F expected again for Ann Arbor today.

edit on 7/17/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: I'm melting..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well I have not woken up in Brantford,Ontario at 6:00am EST to 77F degrees,first time for me this year.
My weather app says 97F by 4 or 5 pm. And Rain, I mean nuclear fallout.
I grew up on Fahrenheit and then had to switch in public school. I have come to realize after we went to Celsius, then the Humidex/wind chill lingo started showing up.Celsius is for Science, not for Human perception. The Range of the Celsius scale is too small.Great for basing everything on water. nice an easy math, for science, but Fahrenheit scale is larger and has more discrimination.Thus human perception of the temp is better. Up here people start hot chat at 30C, Oh its gonna be 34C today or its gonna be 32C. What does a four degree change tell yah. You can count to 4.Honestly. And as such you don't see the drastic temp changes we are seeing in the Fahrenheit scale.. It was 57 F two days ago in the Am and then it soared to 92F in less than 8 hours.Plus the humidity went through the roof. 35 degree changes are not normal in Canada! The weather patterns are swinging down from Lake Superior South easterly. They usually move North Easterly from Mid states. The Jet stream is way to far north and east. The Great Lakes are having no effect as they did before.IF things were to catch fire in Southern Ontario right now,water pressure way down,my lawn looks like Texas.It would not be a good thing.
Something is definitely up!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join