It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat Wave Bakes Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Heat Wave Bakes Canada

www.cbc.ca

Blistering heat is cloaking most of Canada this weekend and the hot, dry weather is causing major problems from heat alerts to wildfires.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Extreme Weather: Get Ready to See More of it, Scientists say

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Today was the worst heatwave since 1952 in Canada
we have broken all records for this 14 of July

While Europe is under a massive cold front
with a lot of rain and flooding
Here in Canada for the last month
we can say that we are baking like bacon

it is so hot that you feel the skin burn and boil when to long exposed to the hot sun

but today was really extreme
and i suspect the solar flare had something to do with it
the temp for today was around 105 to 110 F (me think more)
i have never felt the air in Canada so Hot in all my life

while driving my car today i caught a sunburn
i usualy got sunburns on the beach not in my car lol
I didnt drive my car all day long .. maybe 1 hrs in total
had my arm outside to feel the hot air
didnt realise the sun was literaly cooking my arm
even with the wind refreshing it

In Edmonton, residents are dealing with a smokey haze as two dozen firest burn across northern Alberta.

Fires are also cropping up in the Ottawa area, which is sweltering in 30-degree temperatures and no rain this month.

Meanwhile, Toronto has declared an extreme heat alert for the third time in a month, temperatures will be in the sizzling 30s with high UV index.

the irony is the Europeen thinks we are lucky with the heat
well here we would like to have your cold
the water are getting low and there is almost not water pression in the pipes
its been 2 weeks we dont have any rains
the plants are burning outside .. i have notice that in my parent garden

Montreal Heatwave video (14 July)

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

ya...bin pretty brutal lately.A week with 40 degrees(humidex)and then a shower for a day...ug,had to phone up hydro to say "don't expect full payment due to air conditioning"...kind of glad we live on a lake...stay cool

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Meh it only got to 35 in my city in the Okanagan, BC. It's muggy and smokey from the US & Alberta fires. My Dad's a Forest Fighter for BC and is getting ready to be deployed soon. So far it's been a late fire season because we have had a lot of rain here.

You make it sound like all of Canada is suffering a brutal heat wave.
edit on 14-7-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yea, N. America has been hot all around.
I am in South Texas and its a bit cooler than it was a couple of weeks ago. It got up to about 108 F for about 3 days in a row. Its better now though, were getting back to our normal summer temps of 90 plus...
It helps that we have a pretty much constant 20 mph wind coming off the ocean though.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Why are you complaining, enjoy the heat for a change. Pretty soon it's goina be real cold outside.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by Ben81

ya...bin pretty brutal lately.A week with 40 degrees(humidex)and then a shower for a day...ug,had to phone up hydro to say "don't expect full payment due to air conditioning"...kind of glad we live on a lake...stay cool

Like a comment say on the CBC article

Yes, it is hotter than usual. We're in the middle of a solar storm.

Spot on !

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Here on the west coast, after months of 14 C and rain and freezing cold, its finally, in July mind you, for just over a week, gotten warm. I have a fan on. No air conditioner. Last summer was a lot warmer and earlier. I always loved the long baking summers I grew up with in the South Okanagan and Im not quite 50 yet.

So why is do I get suspicious of this report?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Here on the west coast, after months of 14 C and rain and freezing cold, its finally, in July mind you, for just over a week, gotten warm. I have a fan on. No air conditioner. Last summer was a lot warmer and earlier. I always loved the long baking summers I grew up with in the South Okanagan and Im not quite 50 yet.

So why is do I get suspicious of this report?

Montreal local french newspaper say the same
that we have broken old heat records today
and you can trust my report .. i was outside today
you cannot imagine how hot it was under the cooking sun

So i can confirm the report to you

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
There it is !

From a Montreal french news report on today extreme heat

Translation :

MONTREAL - With a temperature of 33 degrees Celsius, Saturday afternoon, the mercury broke the old record of 14 July 1952, the day the thermometer reached 32.8 degrees over Montreal.

According to Environment Canada, the record heat of 33 degrees was reached at 15h, data that had not been registered for 60 years in the metropolis at this time. Saturday's was particularly sunny and the wind chill was 39 degrees in the light of Humidex, according to the measurements recorded at the Montreal-Trudeau Airport in the afternoon.

Link

edit on 7/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Im not saying anything against you reporting this. But the news, the papers, the media, is manipulating figures and facts. I cannot vouch for Ontario's weather, or Quebec's. From what I understand, the East Coast got a hot spring, much like the US, unnusual temps. But Western Canada didn't. We seem to be suffering from the ash from the volcanoes that errupted and its causing a strange climate change for 2 years here.

This is nothing like our normal springs and summers.

They don't present truth in the media anymore, they havent for years.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Im not saying anything against you reporting this. But the news, the papers, the media, is manipulating figures and facts. I cannot vouch for Ontario's weather, or Quebec's. From what I understand, the East Coast got a hot spring, much like the US, unnusual temps. But Western Canada didn't. We seem to be suffering from the ash from the volcanoes that errupted and its causing a strange climate change for 2 years here.

This is nothing like our normal springs and summers.

They don't present truth in the media anymore, they havent for years.

Well the only doubts i have in the report is the temperature
33 degress without humidex .. and 33 degree makes 91 F
US had 110 F in some area last week and probably still are under the big heat
why would canada local newspaper release such low number when its way higher

You guys in the west you say is not that hot ?
it cannot be raining that much like in europe
the ash would make the weather extremely humid but not that cold ..
it is contributing to the heat for that i am sure
and you guys have Japan on the other side of the pacific ocean
Fire Smog + Ash + Nuclear Smog
your rain must be toxic

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Dang 110? Too much for me. I'm complaining about 90's (probably just mid 80's). I'm near Seattle and have been deploying two fans and snuggling an ice pack to go to sleep at night, also eating WAY too many Otter Pops. I always drive with my window open and forearm outside, my left arm is about 3 shades darker than the right.

A few times I've hosed down the dog with cold water. He will just go lie down in front of the fan and make his happy noises.

I always whine about the clouds and rain, then summer hits and I whine more.

Stay cool you up there. How do you say popsicle in French?

Oh, meant to say where I am the weather has been a bit strange. If anything summer started rather late, but the temps don't seem to be higher than usual. I think WA got lucky this year.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If its 110 in Quebec, they are getting a heat spell alright. Because the temps in the Okanagan used to be 105 for a stetch here and there in the summer. I never thought east got quite as hot typically, but there probably were exceptions. 29 C here. Most summers did see high 30's right, and then I grew up with dips into the 40's for summer.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

33 Celsius? That's hot for you?

Wait till you start hitting 43-45 C for weeks at a time. That's sink your granny in the pool time, or get the morgue on the phone.

They don't call us the sunburnt country for no reason

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I **HATE** the heat. I do all of my camping, hunting and fishing in April, May, June, September, October, November and December and camp quite a bit during the winter months. During July and August I hardly even leave the house and my central air conditioning unless it's raining or the temperature stays below 26 C.

I just bought a new M14 rifle a week ago and it's been way to hot to even get out to the range as of late.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't like cold at all. Always loved summer, late spring to early fall my favorite. Camping in the summers growing up it would be late 30's say, but so cold in the woods you'd be up at 5, drinking coffee to warm up, freezing under the sleepign bags even with your coat on. My grandfather made coffee early and we drank it as kids.

Mind you he was a horse logger and new all the back roads over the mountain peaks and we never camped below the rattle snake line, it always took hours to get up there, and it was cold at night.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

We are getting baked i have never seen a summer like this before in my life time not even as i lived here in Canada.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by Ben81

33 Celsius? That's hot for you?

Wait till you start hitting 43-45 C for weeks at a time. That's sink your granny in the pool time, or get the morgue on the phone.

They don't call us the sunburnt country for no reason

33 Celsius without the humidity index
i know them well when its 40 outside today it was maybe around 45 with humidity
and im not even exagerating .. put one of my plant outside for 2 day and it burned the leafs
all i wanted to do is give her more sun lol

i was quite angry to see my plant burned like that after 2 days

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
I **HATE** the heat. I do all of my camping, hunting and fishing in April, May, June, September, October, November and December and camp quite a bit during the winter months. During July and August I hardly even leave the house and my central air conditioning unless it's raining or the temperature stays below 26 C.

I just bought a new M14 rifle a week ago and it's been way to hot to even get out to the range as of late.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

Me to i like colder temperature and raining days bring a lot of fresh air
i prefer to be cold then sweating i dont know why

About your new gun .. it can be dangerous having bullet inside a gun made of metal
did you ever see any reports of exploding bullets when the temperature is to hot ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join