It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda is a "plague" of the Taliban

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Oh wait.

You forgot about the "collateral damage" that such an action would cause.

But yeah, sounds like a pretty #ing heartless thing to say, all over the pursuit of wasteful technologies that don't advance civilization by much if at all.

Cell phones? 3D TVs? iPads? Who needs that #?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

There is a point which has now come to pass that we should no longer be propping up a Corrupt Government as our job there is done. I have VERY CLOSE friends who are now dead because of a STUPID POLICY and we were NEVER SUPPOSED to use our Military in Afghanistan for the purpose of Holding Land.

This is why we used a small number of Special Forces to drive out the Taliban at first. It was only when we started bringing Troops in Mass that issues came about. The Taliban are a bunch of scum that are COWARDS and MURDERERS but that is NOT OUR PROBLEM! We went their to destroy al-qaeda's ability to function and we have accomplished this. Bin Laden is dead.

Oh...there is ALWAYS collateral damage in WAR. Either the U.S. Fights with both hands or we get out. The Taliban is cowering in Pakistan and as we withdraw...they will come back. We have the ability to track and kill all of them as they return. This would save the lives of many Villagers as well as WOMAN and GIRLS holding a SCHOOL BOOK! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Make up your mind.

We have no business over there and we have no #ing business saying that the people of Afghanistan need to suffer MORE because we (the US) don't like the same people that Reagan armed against the Russians.

We (the US) created this situation!

How can my fellow Americans be blind to such an obvious blunder?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Congress created the problem by not funding Afghanistan Schools after the Soviet left.

Charlie Wilson...NOT REAGAN...armed them. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I see that and I raise you the following image.

Oh wait a minute, where's Charlie Wilson in this pic?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Banging the Secretary in the back room having a drink also!

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
In almost every book I have read about the Taliban when it comes to the relationship between Al-Qa’ida and the Taliban it is often said that Afghanistan under the Taliban was a “state sponsored by terrorism” rather that a “state sponsor of terror”. It’s important to not that there were a number of groups other than Al-Qa’ida who set up shop in Afghanistan they took advantage of local traditions relating to hospitality.

Had it not been for the attacks of 9/11, which Al-Qa’ida it would appear did not inform the leader s of the Taliban regime about in advance, then the Taliban could very well still be in power. It is therefore not only understandable but inevitable that many members of the Taliban feel that Al-Qa’ida were a “plague” on the regime.

In the Middle East, conspiracy theories are just a rife as they are in the west. A big part of Bin Laden’s ideology for example stemmed form he idea that America and the Zionists were controlling many Muslim states through puppet dictators. Something that is quite a familiar theme in our conspiracies regarding the NWO, as such I would say that they Taliban claims about Al-Qa’ida American spies is just another conspiracy theory rather than a provable “fact”.

It is important to remember that this is the view of one Taliban commander, I fail to see how it would be possible for him to conduct a survey of Taliban members about their views on Al-Qa’ida while they are on the run or in combat. Therefore I would cast a sceptical eye over this article and would be cautious in saying that 70% of the Taliban shear his views. It also does not make it clear what Taliban group he is part of as there are now a couple of splinter groups. Nor is it clear if he was a member of the Taliban prior to 9/11.

I must say though still a interesting find.

S&F

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

In what world do you live ?!? Nothing of interest in Afghanistan ?!? Do some fact checking on your own I'm just pointing out to you that your assessment in erroneous. Even if we discard the most important motivators:

Due to the manipulation of public opinion and perception that the artificially constructed Al-Qaeda and the world number one public enemy blamed for 9/11 resided on Afghanistan served to secure two things for the Algo-American conglomerate, a strategically important location between Pakistan, China, Iran and Russia. The strategically importance has not been lost over the ages it is not because of it being a pile of rocks, well than seems to have also a good motivation now, there are cool rocks to be mined. Then we have the need to contain fundamentalism, especially the venomous kind that initially under support from the US Pakistan used to prop up the Taliban in the fist place.

We can even look at the simple fact that there is money to be made in War especially if your nations top industries is weaponry and the maintenance of a huge army. Then we can even look at how the CIA has drug related interests in a schizophrenic way as to make a profit from it and as to participate in the war on drugs (that functions in a way similar to the military industrial complex, feed the addictions and you increase the revenue and spending fighting an limitless battle).

No interests... right...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join