It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska delegate caucus NOW LIVE !! LAST ONE..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Watch live here, make comments, the guy filming this is doing a good thing for liberty.
GO RON PAUL DELEGATES !!
www.ustream.tv...
edit on 14-7-2012 by avatard because: RON PAUL

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
it says: "Channel ist offline"

edit: now it started.

edit on 14-7-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wow the amount of attention this thread got is very telling and pathetic.

Is it because Ron Paul lost???

Romney 30 Delegates. Ron Paul 2.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You know...I really was rooting for Ron Paul when he didn't have a snowball's chance of winning. However, to have supporters depending so much on the last state to have a convention should have given you an idea that these ideas aren't the ideas that a majority of people support. If you don't have the support of a majority then you're nothing more than an angry fringe.

Bottom line, you Paul supporters should have had this in the bag long before now. You only needed five states, you got four.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

We were an "angry fringe" during the last presidential election, when we didn't win a single state by any means. Now, we've won pluralities in a number of states, including those that are now being ignored when the 5 states requirement is being asked, yet we are still "an angry fringe." Yes, a few of the states we've won are, according to state laws, required to vote Romney, but even such rules and laws are being challenged in the courts as we speak.

We've now won several states when previously we had won none. We have gained control of even more state parties than that during this election, when previously we controlled none, which will only strengthen us in upcoming elections.

You can call us "an angry fringe," for now, but what will you do in 2016, or in 2020, when we will have grown even more?

The idea of liberty is popular, and shows no signs of weakening in the near future.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
so what? No matter how many states you win at this point its not going to matter. Mitt Romney has enough of the majority of the states to get the nomination. Paul didn't need five states to win, he needed five states to get a spot at the convention!!!! And he couldn't even manage that!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Mitt Romney's a total joke. Unfortunately the joke went right over his supporters heads.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

same could be said for Ron Paul and his supporters. As well as any group of people who think a politician can save the world!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Nebraska held the final state GOP convention on Saturday July 14th which, little does the public realize, has sealed America's fate. In order for Doctor Paul to be formally nominated at the national convention in Tampa he needs a "plurality of the delegates from each of 5 or more states" which according to the GOP is now impossible. This is the final nail in the coffin of the Liberty Movement's political arm. Ron Paul's courageous attempt to restore the principles of our founders and thereby right this sinking ship is now over. We must face this reality. Perhaps the lesson here is that one should never underestimate mankind's willful ignorance, vulnerabilities to long-term generational media brainwashing, and sheer lack of intelligence even when the future of humanity hangs in the balance.

Come November the public will participate in a staged, meaningless, and largely ceremonial election. Some know it, most don't. To this day, finding any true Mitt Romney supporters besides those linked to Bain Capital remains a difficult task. Of course this baffles those with true convictions and an understanding of the reality we live in today. Ron Paul offered voters a way out of the madness, a way out of the nightmare that's been brewing for a long time, the opportunity to take the country back from destructive forces and their special interests. Yet, it seems, the people have spoken and so the empire will continue to be the policeman of the world, will continue to move towards an all out police state and it will certainly head towards total financial and societal collapse. Martial Law draws closer but as the saying goes, "Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul!"

...continues at www.martiallawusa.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I don't think Ron Paul will save the world. Good thing, because he never wanted to save the world, he just wants to work within our own country to fix it. Your candidate is already gearing up to join Israel in another war.

Good thing to look forward to, and that is ALL we have to look forward to because he has no other plans, but plans for war.

If he picks Condi as VP at least we know he will have someone who is good at lying to the American people to get them into wars we don't need to be in. If Condolleeza Rice were to be chosen VP then we can almost bet how a Romney presidency would go down. Luckily he won't be president because no one likes him. Obama will win because so many republicans will be taking their votes elsewhere.
edit on 15-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkinin

Isn't it funny that these people that tow the establishment line can argue against LIBERTY, and the liberty movement and sincerely believe that what they choose for America is the best path?

We know what he is choosing by voting Romney. He is choosing someone that doesn't have the interest of America in their plans. Someone that doesn't even have to tell the American people what he intends to do because the two party system and the corrupt "election" cycle has his media awarded candidacy in the bag. He supports giving our money away to other countries and to war corporations even though he himself doesn't pay taxes as he expects us to. He supports war for no reason, but profit and to serve the Israeli interests of American.
Romney is not the people's candidate.

By mocking Ron Paul that poster mocks the idea of free Americans backing themselves up by their rights. A country free from unnecessary wars and free from a government giving our money and youth to foreign lands. Freedom from illegal income tax, and superflous government imposition into our lives.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ron Paul is holding a major rally in Tampa right before the Republican National Convention and thousands of supporters are attending. This will be interesting and I hope it's televised!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I blame Rand Paul for letting the air out of his father's campaign.
All that time and effort on Ron Paul's campaign has been for naught...Wasted.
He won't even be allowed to speak at the convention which was supposed to be the silver lining.

I am starting to regret my monetary contributions and time spent to promote that slow moving train wreck, the Ron Paul presidential campaign.

Thanks alot Rand, may you quickly vanish into the annals of mediocrity.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anefarious1

Wrong! Not nominated. Placed on the ballot and allowed a speaking role at a Pro-Romney convention. Ron Paul should just go to both events that his supporters are creating for him, and leave the GOP Convention alone. Because he wouldn't be well received at the Tampa Convention anyway. Like 2008 with McCain, most people would just be tuning in to see what Romney has to say and who he chooses as VP. Nobody cared about what Ron Paul was doing then, and no one will care now!

Ron Paul had a great run, but he shouldn't be a martyr to his own cause!
edit on 15-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Are you talking about Paul Fest? Because he's NOT going. He has a delegate event on the same day

Talk about sticking it to his supporters!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Rand Paul was only elevated to Paul status because he IS a Paul. That's IT. The Paul idiots just thought Rand was exactly like his father. Blame yourselves, not the man! Without the Paul name, he's just another Geraldo Rivera. I don't see Paul supporters going all nuts on him....Most probably don't know who he is.

Oh wait, but that's in your nature...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
I blame Rand Paul for letting the air out of his father's campaign.
All that time and effort on Ron Paul's campaign has been for naught...Wasted.
He won't even be allowed to speak at the convention which was supposed to be the silver lining.

I am starting to regret my monetary contributions and time spent to promote that slow moving train wreck, the Ron Paul presidential campaign.

Thanks alot Rand, may you quickly vanish into the annals of mediocrity.

Rand certainly didn't help things, but Ron ruined his own chances by trying this backdoor strategy in the first place. Ron raised a lot more money than Santorum, but he didn't even bother trying to run a mainstream campaign. The delegate strategy only works in combination with a traditional campaign, not as a replacement for it. Once again, Ron Paul didn't take himself seriously, he was never a contender for president, he just used the platform to get his message out. He is a tease. I hate teases. He has said many times that he just wants to gain exposure to his message and shape the direction of the Republican party. We were just stupid enough to believe it might have been more than that.

I'm out.

I won't be voting for Romney, or Obama, and Paul won't be on the ticket, looks like I'll be drinking my way through election day.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hey!

I'm glad at least one Paul supporter has seen the error of their ways and how Paul's strategy would never work. Now, let's see Gogo come back and try to fruitlessly tell you that you are wrong without backing any of his claims up with facts!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would argue that he was ruined by being the only honest man in a liars game. He knew people would boo him over Iran and the average american brain is too stupid to understand that choosing not to attack a country does not make you anti Israel, nor does it make you weak. It only saves you trouble, money, and lives.

Yet he said it anyway.

Then of course working against sold out media was another problem. I am afraid we are completely up to date with V for Vendetta and 1984 when it comes to our media. They serve candidates rather than the truth. They serve whoever their owner tells them to. It is not journalism at all. That was always against Paul. Thh media started trends rather than reporting them,

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

There was nothing wrong with his campaign. Had he tried to run a "normal" campaign he wouldn't have done as well. Are you guys brainless? He would have done exactly the same as he is doing now minus several hundred delegates.

His campaign strategy wasn't the problem and anyone with two eyes can see that. I think it's funny that Romney got so many dumb Americans to fork over millions of their hard earned money when he could have paid for his entire campaign with just a few of his foreign bank accounts he keeps to skew his taxes.

The final laugh will be when he loses, and if he should take the seat (which Is one in a million) then the joke will be when he screws the working class even more. I feel he would be the president that spends all of his time circumventing our rights. Way more than Obama. Romney will be the one that institutes a draft, and goes to war time lows and asks sacrifices of us when the next round of wars starts. Just wait. If he gets it you will see him asking you to accept sacrifices more than once in his presidency (if it were to exist).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join