It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbors........(what more do I need 2 say?).

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dcard

Sorry to hear that about your daughter I trust she is now fine.

I understand what you are saying and I try to be patient. My neighbors ,unlike you, just don't seem to care.

I try talking to them but it's like talking to a brick wall and the noise goes on until midnight or even later.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Go to costco, they have an excellent return policy.

Next find the biggest sub and amp you can find, put said sub on a ladder or tall structure, fridge might work.

DO not hook up the normal audio speakers just the sub, make sure to aim the sub so its pointed at them.

Hook up this system to your computer

Go to pandora.com on your computer and add a channel "Dub Step"

Blast away as much as you can tolerate.

A few days of this should make your point.

Did this to a person back when I had an APT that liked to have parties at all hours, he didn't like the 7 am wake up calls and the partying stopped.
edit on 14-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

even better if one can use subsonics
they won't know what hit them
who to blame
and will probably make them move

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by dcard

My neighbors ,unlike you, just don't seem to care.

I try talking to them but it's like talking to a brick wall and the noise goes on until midnight or even later.

She is fine, we called an advice nurse and watched her during the night, she was ok. She's just turned 3 now and quite healthy. And we bought a house a few months ago so she can run and jump if she wants, but she is over all that now, go figure.

Hey, you try, beyond that what can you do? Those of us that care know this is where our country's troubles begin. What gets me is my wife and I are raising our daughter to respect other people and their property, and she's going to have to go to school with children of yahoos like you describe.

On the plus side, the doctors say she's gonna be at least 5'10", so she should be able to stick up for herself.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Pissy is most certainly a word. For sure.

You are definitely not being a jerk. I occasionally feel the same way. Except my upstairs neighbor latches onto one album and listens to it non-stop. Last weekend, it was Kings of Leon weekend. For four days. At any rate, I think if you're going to live in an apartment community, one has to maintain a certain level of common courtesy for the other residents. My BF and I like to play Modern Warfare 3 at all hours, but we're mindful of the volume, we don't allow excessive dog barking and pick up after the dogs in the common areas...that kind of thing...

I would keep track of when the noise happens. Just jot down times and all that. Like what time the noise stops and the frequency. It helps to build a case. Be persistent with the management, and if the property managers don't reply, take it higher, if possible. Your home is your castle, and you are entitled to a little peace and quiet. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kluskinoodle
reply to post by cavalryscout

I would keep track of when the noise happens. Just jot down times and all that. Like what time the noise stops and the frequency. It helps to build a case.

It does indeed. My wife and I had a little "log" like that in the kitchen because our apartment was right next to the pool, and our above neighbor had !2! Black Labs. Inevitably every weekend there would be a pool party goin on until 2am if nobody had the guts to call it in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join