It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Sir Richard Branson be the first to break news of Alien life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
For those of you who dont know who Sir Richard Branson is, maybe you guys from across america.

Hes the founder of Virgin, a massive UK born enterprise which now branches into Banking and Airlines to name but some of his ventures.

He has often been seen as a pioneer and always seeking for man to go further and test themselves. Many of his world record attempts involve flying across the Atlantic, or around the world in Hot Air balloons. or more closer the the UK crossing the English channel in an amphibious vehicle.

In 2013 He plans to make space travel commercial through his new venture Virgin Galactic, at 200k a time offering people the chance to fly into space in one of his rocket jets.

The Governments around the years have been hiding things for the past decades and disclosure has never seemed so far away so perhaps its up to someone else to take up the mantle.

Yes this seems far fetched that he may bring news of Alien life, however he is of such high standing that i think he is incorruptible and unlikely to have his head turned by any goverments, its for this reason i think he may be our best chance of future disclosure, and if he isnt, his passengers will be.
edit on 13-7-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
For those of you who dont know who Sir Richard Branson is, maybe you guys from across america.

Hes the founder of Virgin, a massive UK born enterprise which now branches into Banking and Airlines to name but some of his ventures.

He has often been seen as a pioneer and always seeking for man to go further and test themselves. Many of his world record attempts involve flying across the Atlantic, or around the world in Hot Air balloons. or more closer the the UK crossing the English channel in an amphibious vehicle.

In 2013 He plans to make space travel commercial through his new venture Virgin Galactic, at 200k a time offering people the chance to fly into space in one of his rocket jets.

Yes this seems far fetched that he may bring news of Alien life, however he is of such high standing that i think he is incorruptible and unlikely to have his head turned by any goverments, its for this reason i think he may be our best chance of future disclosure, and if he isnt, his passengers will be

Branson is in high standing and "incorruptible"? What world are you living in?

His passengers will be taken as seriously as everyone else who posts a video to YouTube.....nothing is different.

edit on 13-7-2012 by AlienAgendah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienAgendah

well please elaborate more if your going to comment?

What exactly could the government offer him that he doesnt already have?

He already has a billion pound empire,
He has the technology for space flight,
He has his own TV broadcasting company,
He owns a major World Bank, and with this bank has the power to destroy the world economy all on his own similar to the demise of that bank in america.

If anything, Branson has more bargaining chips than the US government so i would really like to hear your take on things if you disagree,

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We were born at the wrong time.....1000 years from now would be such an amazing world. Richard Branson has done an amazing thing by bringing us commercial space flight, but on the grand scheme of things it feels like we are still skimming the ocean. Sigh....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
however he is of such high standing that i think he is incorruptible and unlikely to have his head turned by any goverments,

Sorry dude but if they cant corrupt them, they OFF'em.
edit on 13-7-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure what we would assume he'd be allowed to see? Perhaps he and his family will see a few things on their private flight, but still....what and where? He isn't going to deep space or anything, just into extremely extremely low earth orbit, right? Or is it even officially that much? I haven't kept up on the technical details like that. Two things though...

He's making his little amusement ride jaunts into LEO across the same sky we can stand here and look up at. ISS is clearly visible at various times all over and pictures from backyard photographers are up all the time. So what would his passengers get to see what we can't now? The secret stuff up there is painted to match the black of space so I'm not sure they'd see those unless they were above them anyway.

Second though....I'm sure he isn't taking off and landing as his personal whims may strike him. He's got to be getting clearance and planning from Government authorities for the disruption he'd be causing through the altitudes he crosses otherwise. So, he'll get cleared for his flight times when anything remaining that could be seen isn't on his side of the planet. His doing, what? A 45 minute deal to the edge of the 0 g experience? Hmm.. I'd LOVE it if someone on his plane did see something totally beyond people's control though. That would be a world event!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think it needs more Virgin logos on it so you don't get confused with the other commercial space craft

i will give him credit though, i mean what else has he got to spend his money on. ha another island?

When it is £/$ about 2-3k a ticket i think most will think about it, but the way things are looking i doubt anyone but the rich will be going to space..

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

ya he owns all this stuff. i think this makes him one of them. i dont think they are offering him anything, i think they gave him everything.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The space shuttle will fly approx 6 miles above the Karman line (The line where most people accept earth ends, and outspace begins) so you should expect to get views similar to this

Either way, i think it is amazing that we eventually starting to branch out into space after what it seems like has been manned space travel going backwards since the moon landing

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Youre talking about Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson. He has been knighted by the queen so he's knelt at her feet and pledged elegance to the monarchy. He is certainly not incorruptible and independent like you think.

edit on 13-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have nothing to add other than that this guy knows how to have a great life!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Thank you for the info! I'm fighting a splitting headache at the moment and wasn't up for researching up an answer.

I absolutely agree that the fact the private sector is going into space is exciting. I'm only waiting for one thing now and it gets mad and really fun. Establish the service with a history of success and then prove a sustained profit. Thats all..... Then his one little ship in the darkness will become like the U.S. Air Traffic Control map on a monday morning in no time.

My son may even see tourism on the moon in his lifetime if Virgin can make it happen smooth, profitable and without any MAJOR crisis to be known for. Godspeed to his ship!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Richard Branson = The next Billy Butlin

How long before he has a space holiday camp

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
At best, he or one of his passengers might see a UFO. I highly doubt that an alien would cozy up to his ship for a photo-op. So, a UFO is just that... unidentified.

That being said, the answer to your question is likely "nope"

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm doubtful Branson's Virgin Galactic project will result in any alien contact, if there are even any aliens.

For one, Virgin Galactic is just a step up from the Concord jet. You get to microgravity/weightlessness, sure, but, it's extremely limited in time for the cost and you don't even do a single global orbit.

If there are aliens out 'there' floating around in orbit, in space, any private space venture would need a platform that offers sustained long-term orbital options like a geo-sync space hotel, or some other static permanent habitation in orbit, or hanging out in the trojan/largrange points.

Jumping up out of the atmosphere for a few minutes of microgravity is certainly a fun prospect, but, I doubt those few minutes would offer much means for any sort of alien contact since, supposedly, if there are aliens, they're visiting us inside the gravity well on the ground already.

Other than having permanent habitats in geo-sync, trojan/lagrange, or long term orbit, sending out independent probes with the best in optical tech and science packages to verify, dispute, or confirm rumors about cities and bases on the moon might be more worthwhile.
Such wouldn't even need be manned, as robots in orbit and remote surface vehicles could do the job just fine to scoot around and eyeball everything or anything, if there is anything of interest to be eyeballed.

Such, for now, and in the immediate long term future, however, is still in the domain of government space programs like U.S. and China with their moon orbiters, which for many, aren't completely trustworthy sources.

Get some independent private industry concerns to publicize pictures of moon bases, or other artificial structures and our governments might then be forced to answer some awkward questions, if, that is, such rumors about artificial structures are true.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi,
I don't think so. I think it will be business as usual in regards to the management of what's seen. Consider this:
Virgin Galactic hired Michael P. Moses, a former NASA executive who served as Launch Integration Manager supervising all Space Shuttle processing activities, and also served as chair of the Mission Management Team.

Moses will develop and lead the team responsible for Virgin Galactic spaceship operations and logistics, flight crew operations, customer training, and spaceport ground operations, with overall operational safety and risk management as the primary focus.

Read about it here.

Cheers-
CM

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I totally love the idea of Branson and his wife getting abducted by a giant alien mothership on his maiden flight in space. He gets to see all the alien hi-tech. The news on earth is 24hours about his unexplained disappearance. Then he lands his virgin spaceship on the white house lawn - or maybe the reflecting pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial.

The assembled tourists all applaud in amazement.

It would at least make a great sci-fi movie.

He may be ultra-rich, but he is one of the super-rich I actually admire - because he is doing something with his wealth.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Youre talking about Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson. He has been knighted by the queen so he's knelt at her feet and pledged elegance to the monarchy. He is certainly not incorruptible and independent like you think.

I think you mean he's pledged "allegiance" to the queen - although he is quite elegant in a top hat.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

you made a post about a spelling mistake...?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I believe it's possible.

Commercial airline pilots often report sightings of UFO's after they retire. These are among the most credible UFO accounts we have because they are trained to know the limits of conventional human made aircraft and to recognize them in flight. They know when a sighting is of something not easily explained and it unnerves many of them causing them to quit or suck it up. Many airlines will fire pilots on the spot for publicly reporting UFO sightings so many wait until after they retire.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join