It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who The Heck Keeps Logging Me Out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Just what the title says.

I went to view ATS 15 mins ago (on my mobile), to find I was logged out.

This is maybe the 4/5th time in the last few months, and not strictly just on my mobile, I've been logged out of my laptop also. The last 2 times other than this one, I noticed my messages had been opened.

I passed it of as computer randomness, but seriously, I know it isn't.

No one knows my password

Anyone else had this?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
For whatever reason, I sometimes get logged out too. Will be reading a post, the go back a page, or perhaps click in a new thread, and viola...logged out. I just chalked it up to me accidentally clicking something...or my stupid puter...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Nope, but it is Friday the 13th....

Maybe it's Jason.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Whoa...

Ive been noticing that when I go to messages, where it shows reply's, randomly some are already checked.

I usally just go down the list, but recently say for the past to weeks sometimes I check, and a few are clicked, some are not...

ive just been writing it off as a glitch of some kind.
edit on 13-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I've found myself logged out a few times when I come on. I don't know why. I think it has to do with how long you're inactive or something. Fortunately, Firefox stores my user name and password so all I have to do is go to the login page and click the button.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Explanation: ATS servers regularly boot everyone off of the server randomly to deal with bots etc.

It's a security issue.

Happens in Chat room as well. But weirdly can be booted from one or the other or even both!

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps.

Please contact ATS admin directly via the complaints function available on the TOOLS page up the top to the far left,... if you suspect your account has been hacked.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The issue with messages in a well known bug. It happens for two reasons,

1. The sender viewed the message from their outbox

2. The message was sent to more than 1 person and someone else opened it before you.

I'm not sure why you are getting. Maybe your mobile device lost signal.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
We gotta "somehow" blame Iran for this.

I had a couple of days when I constantly kept getting logged out and was unable to log in straight away at times. Maybe just a server issue or website issue.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
no one seems to be addressing the opened messages in the inbox...

I thought I was going nuts, but I open them from bottom to top, and recently when i got they are randomly checked, one or two will be looked at in the middle with the bottom and top still unread...

Im not senile yet, I didn't check them.

The issue with messages in a well known bug. It happens for two reasons, 1. The sender viewed the message from their outbox 2. The message was sent to more than 1 person and someone else opened it before you. I'm not sure why you are getting. Maybe your mobile device lost signal.

never mind, and star for the creepiest fricken avatar ive seen so far.
edit on 13-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Don't remember, but I think it may have been the great philosopher Forrest Gump who summed it up quite nicely:

"$hit Happens"

That's my philosophical and technological approach to everything...and I'm sticking to it.

Peace

edit on 13-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It looks like there may be a 30 day time out set for logins. Also if you delete cookies or have settings or a security app that does so, then you will be logged out, as the cookie maintains state.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Damn those zombie bath salt eating zionist muslims!!!

They'll steal your logins and read your u2us. I've seen it on ATS before...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Lolz, thanks for the explanations guys.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
We gotta "somehow" blame Iran for this.

and N.Korea
and Palestine
and Lebanon
and Pakistan
and Afghanistan
and..what the heck..lets nuke the whole planet that way were sure to get who ever is responsible...

top topics

join