It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foot pain from calluses, what is an easy fix?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
While at work today one of my co-workers mentioned that he was having pain from calluses on his feet. I mentioned that I use a Dremel tool occasionally (TMI?) to sand down excess and sometimes painful skin build up. BTW, I use it gently and occasionally dipping my feet in water as a Dremel operates at high speed and can burn you through the friction it generates.

Another co-worker who is in school to obtain his RN mentioned that this was a good way to get a staph infection.

That got me to thinking, "How would I get that from using the tool?", and when I returned home looked up other ways to take care of my feet as I am on them almost every waking minute…even now.
I'm kind of hyper and pace a lot.

Using the Dremel and taking my time with it has worked wonders for me, but I think that there has to be a better way. The calluses keep returning and like the doofus I am when my feet don't hurt, I don't take care of them and have to return to the ritual grinding.

I do moisturize my feet daily, but they always return.

And now that my manly-man ego has taken a hit for admitting I moisturize,
, can anybody offer me some advice on this matter.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I used to do it like a real man with a construction razor blade, or exacto, that is until my wife freaked when she saw me doing that.

so pumas stone and some gritty cream she got me thats antibacterial feels like theres sand in it...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I used to do it like a real man with a construction razor blade, or exacto, that is until my wife freaked when she saw me doing that.

so pumas stone and some gritty cream she got me thats antibacterial feels like theres sand in it...

That reminds me, I used to use a exacto as well, until I had a unfortunate sneeze and slashed my foot.

Lesson learned.

What's the gritty cream by the way?
edit on 13-7-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Im not at home right now, Ill have to look at it when I get home.

Its some acne product she found that has an anti-bacterial in it, it feels like it has sand in it to "exfoliate"

Really thats about all I know, this conversation has gotten far to "girly" and exceeded my level of knowledge on the matter.

BTW my friend thats a contractor used to have a specific grain of sand paper he loved to use on a small hand sander to do the job, I always thought that was funny that he had a preference to the grit.
edit on 13-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I appreciate it.

As I get older this issue is starting to come to the forefront for me. My current job has me on my feet the entire shilt and is quite physical.

Just trying to delay the inevitable.

CX

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I was going to suggest moisturizing daily, but you already do that. I used to look after kids in care and often they would come to us with feet in terrible condition through neglect. For ten minutes before bed we'd rub thier feet with moisturizer and within a couple of weeks their feet were good as new.

Here in the UK you can get those ped egg things, look like an oval cheese grater, they are supposed to be good.

If there is an unusual build up of hard skin, you may want to check it out with a chiropodist or the docs.

Have you tried better insoles for your shoes? If your old ones are no good or worn down, this can have a bad effect on your feet.

CX.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I had large callouses on my heels and bottoms of my feet. Yes, they can become painful to walk on after a while.

What I did was fill a small tub with warm water and soaked my feet for an hour or so. You'll probably want to change the water a few times to keep it warm. Then take something fairly stiff with a thin, but not sharp, edge on it. I used my driver's license. The callouses were soft enough that they peeled off in big chunks.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I used to get these all the time! Its best to get some insoles that spread the pressure that can build under the heel like gel insoles or something.

new topics

top topics

join