It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agenda 21 Micro-Apartment Scheme Being Beta-Tested in NYC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

There are more homes than there are homeless people in nyc why not just open those up for the people or invest some of his vast wealth in affordable HOUSING not overpriced cubicles.

Exactly. Millions of empty homes and millions of homeless people, many of whom were solidly middle class less than a decade ago. And still many Americans look right past Libor and the rapacious bankers on Wall Street and blame those homeless people. Or the Mexicans. Or the Muslims. Or just general laziness, when there are few jobs to be had anymore and most of those being part time, low paying jobs that wouldn't sustain a mortgage or even qualify an applicant for a loan.

edit on 13-7-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

And to tie it all in with Agenda 21? Pretty far fetched if you ask me.

That's why instead of asking you, I went directly to the people who are promoting Agenda 21. They say you're wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've seen some of these mini-apartments in San Francisco. They are beyond tiny, and some do not even have a single closet.

However, there's another spin on the merits of owning one. You could maintain your main residence in the country and commute to your "vacation apartment" when you need to be in the city for work, a weekend or whatever. That makes sense for someone like me who works mostly from home. You could also rent the space out at peak times as an alternative to hotel stays. The micro apartments I saw were a block away from a major convention center. Cha-ching!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
Honey, I shrunk the kids. It was the only way they'd fit in the kitchen.

So the kids should sleep on the oven and baby should sleep in the fridge.

I think parents should be working outside all day and night.

Animals are more free and respected than humans.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
I've seen some of these mini-apartments in San Francisco. They are beyond tiny, and some do not even have a single closet.

However, there's another spin on the merits of owning one. You could maintain your main residence in the country and commute to your "vacation apartment" when you need to be in the city for work, a weekend or whatever. That makes sense for someone like me who works mostly from home. You could also rent the space out at peak times as an alternative to hotel stays. The micro apartments I saw were a block away from a major convention center. Cha-ching!

Hmmm. I wonder how many conventions would one have to attend at that same locale before the monthly rent on one of those little apartments outweighed the cost of an occasional hotel room. Apparently they're about the same size and hotels at least offer continental breakfast during your stay.

Overall, I'd probably try to find a room to rent from a local family in my area of interest before taking on one of these mini-apartments. And as far as owning one goes, do we know if they're intended to be sold or leased? I suspect the latter as resales would be a nightmare to manage.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Coming to a neighborhood near you.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Well, after further study, it looks like these rat cages are only intended for single rats not rat families.

Maybe this will be the catalyst that drives more people to marry and have a bazillion kids, the exact opposite of what the depopulation planners have in mind. I love that about the human race. Its like trying to herd cats: roll:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Well, after further study, it looks like these rat cages are only intended for single rats not rat families.

Maybe this will be the catalyst that drives more people to marry and have a bazillion kids, the exact opposite of what the depopulation planners have in mind. I love that about the human race. Its like trying to herd cats: roll:

That right unless they decide to share the limit the oxygen and sunlight they can get.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Coming to a neighborhood near you.

I have no words.

Well, I do but they're not acceptable in mixed company.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

The whole country will be like that eventually if we don't stop our insane growth.

What insane growth would that be?

For a given country, the US in this case, to maintain it's current population, there needs to be 2.1 births per woman, on average. The US, at this time, is at about 2.06. The US is not experiencing "insane growth" as you put it.

Even if it it was, space wise the US could hold many times the current population. I don't know how much you travel around the country, but there is a HUGE amount of completely empty space everywhere in the US. A large number of currently developed towns and cities are nowhere near being overcrowded.

Awful places like NY city are not common around the us, most all of this country is big, open, and spread out. The only reason overcrowding is an issue anywhere in this country is because people keep moving into to already crowded areas, and leaving other areas basically abandoned. You could multiply the population several times over and still have plenty of free open space for crops and wildlife. People would just have to be smarter about where they choose to live.

Anyway,

I really don't have a problem with the idea of living in a small area. It's not like they are forcing people to live in these apartments, are they? Some will probably say "yes, they are forcing you to live in them, because people can't afford anything bigger" Jeez, how about you leave NY then? I'll never understand the mentality of people who want to live in NY city, I live in Portland, OR, a very small city by comparison, and I wish we were smaller than we currently are. I'd probably commit suicide if i lived in NY.

The only issue I see with these apartments is privacy, as someone else pointed out. Even in a normal sized larger apartment you can hear your neighbors talking, moving around, cooking, watching TV, etc. That's bad enough.

Could you imagine having people behind you, in front of you, to the left, the right, and on top, ALL of them within about 10 feet at the FURTHEST possible point? That would be just terrible. I'd imagine ear plugs would be a requirement to get any sleep. Might as well wear them all the time to avoid having to listen to 8 people's conversations all at the same time. And then when people are cooking? A tiny tiny tiny little area with a bunch of different people cooking a bunch of different food? Those things must smell awful.

Not to mention people who might not have the best hygiene. Being so crammed together you could probably smell someone's BO through the walls.

I'm sure some of you people have seen those "micro houses" or whatever they are called. You are allowed to build a building with less than 150sqft or something without having to get any sort of permits or follow building codes for houses. I think you are also exempt from paying taxes So many people with land are building micro houses on their property.

I'd love to do this myself. Get a few acres on the outskirts of the city, build 4-5 little micro houses all connected by a concrete walkway and a little awning to cover from the rain. Have one house that's your bedroom, one house that's a bathroom, one house that's a kitchen, and so on.

Avoid taxes, codes, and permits and still have a nice living area. Only downside is having to walk outside from room to room instead of having them all connected. Would definitely be worth it to me.
edit on 13-7-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

That right unless they decide to share the limit the oxygen and sunlight they can get.

Already oxygen and sunlight are polluted and dangerous to our health, so maybe they're trying to teach us to live with either so we can go on existing for another day. And some people would go for it.

Me? I'd be saying my prayers and kissing my you know what goodbye.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I thought of Agenda 21 when I read this in the paper. It sounds crazy until you see something like this.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

You make it sound bad. I like it. I hate big houses.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by frazzle

You make it sound bad. I like it. I hate big houses.

If you'd like a tiny house for free, that's easy. Just steal a loaf of bread from the local grocery store.
If you'd like a big house for free, become a banker or a wall street money junkie and steal from the world.

Decisions.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

[quoteHmmm. I wonder how many conventions would one have to attend at that same locale before the monthly rent on one of those little apartments outweighed the cost of an occasional hotel room. Apparently they're about the same size and hotels at least offer continental breakfast during your stay.

Haven't stayed in a San Francisco hotel with a kitchen and free parking lately, have you?
And, room service for that continental breakfast would make you want to photograph the muffin instead of eating it. That said, the convention rental wouldn't necessarily pay for the entire rent. But, it would be a nice supplement if you need the cracker box for your own use.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I visited New York City twice. Wild horses couldn't drag me back. Same goes for Washington DC. Actually I promised my truck never to take it east of the Mississippi River ever again if it would just get me out of there.
But that's just me.

Same here - I was in the Army and lived in what they call the Military District of Washington. DC, Northern VA, and the Surrounding bases. So many people - so many issues, so much crime and squalor. I vowed I'd never hit the East coast again.

As for NYC - I don't care what they do there, I don't want to live there, and I don't want to go visit there. So for the love of the dark one please let them keep their liberal policies out of the national agenda and keep them at the local level where they belong. I don't care how they do it in NY or LA from what I've seen from the balance sheets, and crime and education stats they are doing it - WRONG!

I have 160 acres and a nice homestead. The nearest "town" with more than 500 is a 30 minute drive away and that doesn't even have a restaurant other than a local one. The nearest Wal-Mart, night out type restaurant and a movie is almost an hour. I love it that way.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Better idea, which i plan on doing. Get a secluded area, like one thats got woods in front of it. Build a bunker undeeground, absolutely huge one. Build your micro house on top of it and put the entrance in it. Cough cough. Live in the bunker lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

I visited New York City twice. Wild horses couldn't drag me back. Same goes for Washington DC. Actually I promised my truck never to take it east of the Mississippi River ever again if it would just get me out of there.
But that's just me.

Same here - I was in the Army and lived in what they call the Military District of Washington. DC, Northern VA, and the Surrounding bases. So many people - so many issues, so much crime and squalor. I vowed I'd never hit the East coast again.

As for NYC - I don't care what they do there, I don't want to live there, and I don't want to go visit there. So for the love of the dark one please let them keep their liberal policies out of the national agenda and keep them at the local level where they belong. I don't care how they do it in NY or LA from what I've seen from the balance sheets, and crime and education stats they are doing it - WRONG!

I have 160 acres and a nice homestead. The nearest "town" with more than 500 is a 30 minute drive away and that doesn't even have a restaurant other than a local one. The nearest Wal-Mart, night out type restaurant and a movie is almost an hour. I love it that way.

I join you in not caring what they do in New York City or San Francisco. What I do care about is that the micro housing projects in these two major cities are merely pilot programs and the intent is for humanity everywhere to be concentrated into smaller and smaller areas. Its right there in the literature.

The camel's nose already under the tent all across America and our own local camels look just like you and me so they're hard to spot. But I promise they're right there in that town an hour away from you and they don't care if you don't want their nose under your tent.

But who can blame people for ignoring what their city councils, county commissioners, planning and zoning commissions and chambers of commerce, as well as other non-government organizations are doing at any given moment because it seems too much like watching the grass grow. But the grass isn't growing under their feet and they all can and do to alter our lifestyles, sometimes radically, while no one's looking.

There are threads running on ATS almost continuously about how homeowners are being hit by cities and counties for alleged "infractions" all across the nation and its easy to brush them off as random and not meaning anything for ourselves, but as far as I can see, its more of an overall strategy to get people throwing up their hands and concluding that being a property owner is just too much trouble. We're being "steered" in a very specific direction ~ away from independence and toward "planned communities". Planned by whom is the key and that's what I care about.

edit on 13-7-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure

[quoteHmmm. I wonder how many conventions would one have to attend at that same locale before the monthly rent on one of those little apartments outweighed the cost of an occasional hotel room. Apparently they're about the same size and hotels at least offer continental breakfast during your stay.

Haven't stayed in a San Francisco hotel with a kitchen and free parking lately, have you?
And, room service for that continental breakfast would make you want to photograph the muffin instead of eating it. That said, the convention rental wouldn't necessarily pay for the entire rent. But, it would be a nice supplement if you need the cracker box for your own use.

Are you saying hotels in San Francisco no longer have parking lots, or that they charge their guests extra for parking privileges? In either case, wow.

Transportation is an issue on this subject, though, at least for the New York project. It is specifically stated by the planners there that getting people out of their cars and into using public transportation is one of the goals. No parking spaces were mentioned as being part of the deal.

And I've driven in San Francisco, as well, so I can understand why car-less tenents would be promoted there, as well. Maybe renters could find a way to hang a bicycle from their tiny ceilings.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I live in a 30 foot Fleet-Wood motor home at 240 square foot and its just right for me and if i don't like my neighbors i can just load up and move to a new neighborhood.
in April i am hitching up my little truck and moving from southern Calif desert to the northern part of the state near Reno NV

I can make the move in two days without renting a moving van or packing and unpacking.
although i likely will make it a week to two week trip and have some fun on the way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join