It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agenda 21 Micro-Apartment Scheme Being Beta-Tested in NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Honey, I shrunk the kids. It was the only way they'd fit in the kitchen.

The globalist design for micro-apartments is being championed by New York’s Mayor Michael Bloomberg. These “studio and one-bedroom apartments” will be no bigger than 275 to 300 sq ft. These tiny living spaces are smaller than currently allowed by building regulations, according to a statement by Bloomberg’s office; however the zoning regulations will be waived in over to construct the first of many compact pack ‘em and stack ‘em housing model in the city-owned area of Kips Bay.

Thank goodness for pharma's new anti obesity vaccines. Anybody over 25 #, roll up your sleeve.

By 2014, these units are expected to be competing to get New Yorkers out of their large apartments and single-family houses and into a tiny space to maximize functionality in a clear move toward creating Agenda 21 megacities out of existing spaces.

Uh, uh, uh, don't be thinking you can escape, going west young man isn't gonna work out too well if you're wanting elbow room ...

Similar programs are slated for San Francisco where developers are currently seeking state approval for rentals as small as 150 sq ft. These apartments would be the size of a parking space . Under the guise of addressing the 42% of residents in San Francisco who live alone, Patrick Kennedy, developer who built the Berkeley bungalow, states that this maximization of space “meets the needs of that demographic.”

www.blacklistednews.com...

Feeling like a rat yet? I hope so, they're already building your cage.

edit on 12-7-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
And why do I think the rent will be no cheaper, probably even more for these new "mega luxury" apartments... LMFAO

All I can say is that this is why you don't live in a big city. Buy a little land somewhere and build house, it's often cheaper than buying a house over 10 years old anyway...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomedtoday
And why do I think the rent will be no cheaper, probably even more for these new "mega luxury" apartments... LMFAO

All I can say is that this is why you don't live in a big city. Buy a little land somewhere and build house, it's often cheaper than buying a house over 10 years old anyway...

Like it says, these are only beta tests, proto types. Doing as you say might be a good temporary fix, but don't think Agenda 21 isn't already active in every state and every nook and cranny of every county across the country. The plan is to round up all the rural folks and jam them into the big cities "to create more open spaces where the hordes of people won't be able to go because eliminating CARS is also on their menu. The article even states that this plan was devised in 2007, to “prepare the city for one million more residents."

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The REAL questions:

Who has the building contracts?

How are they related to Bloomberg?

How much cash exchanged hands to lift the building codes and change city ordinances?

How much did Bloomberg get paid?

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The REAL questions:

Who has the building contracts?

How are they related to Bloomberg?

How much cash exchanged hands to lift the building codes and change city ordinances?

How much did Bloomberg get paid?

Peace

All I've seen so far is that zoning regulations will be waived and regulations will be "updated".

The article refers to "developers" but obviously the "planners" aren't going to tell us who they are.

But those are good questions!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Some interesting comments from New Yorkers about this pilot program (and other real estate issues) here:

www.theawl.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Remember the "micro apartment" that Bruce Willis' character had in The Fifth Element?
Rack 'em and Stack 'em.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I don't watch much tv or do movies, but that phrase was actually used on the last link I posted so I guess somebody saw the show.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is complete B.S. These people are looking for ways to increase their profits. If a building contains 25 apartments paying $1,600.00 per month each, they make about $40,000.00 a month. Convert those 25 units into 50 each paying about $1,000.00 per month and you just got yourself a $10,000.00 profit, assuming that all units are filled.

Helping more people to move into the city does what for everyone? There's only so many jobs that can be filled. Increasing the city's population only will cause more strife, more traffic, more unemployment, more crime. Humans are territorial animals. We need our own space and we need a lot more than 300 square feet to stretch our legs. Providing housing for only so many that you can employ is ideal...otherwise you've got people moving to New York with no job in sight.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

"Rack em and stack em." was not used in the movie, The Fifth Element, but seemed apropos for the subject matter here. However, it was used in Willis' Die Hard sequel where the terrorists were attacking an airport and the Fred Thompson character (head of the air traffic control) made the statement when the circling planes were waiting to land (landing lights were out).

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
This is complete B.S. These people are looking for ways to increase their profits. If a building contains 25 apartments paying $1,600.00 per month each, they make about $40,000.00 a month. Convert those 25 units into 50 each paying about $1,000.00 per month and you just got yourself a $10,000.00 profit, assuming that all units are filled.

Helping more people to move into the city does what for everyone? There's only so many jobs that can be filled. Increasing the city's population only will cause more strife, more traffic, more unemployment, more crime. Humans are territorial animals. We need our own space and we need a lot more than 300 square feet to stretch our legs. Providing housing for only so many that you can employ is ideal...otherwise you've got people moving to New York with no job in sight.

I agree with you, although I never suggested this plan has anything to do with helping anyone but the promoters and their croney contractors.

And yes, I'd prefer a thousand acres with a house in the center of it and a few brahma bulls patroling the perimeter to greet the folks with 21 agendas.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
P.S. I have a GREAT proposition! In order to make more space for everybody, let's start converting the mayor's 35 + acres of land into 300 square foot units! Surely this will give more people the opportunity to live in New York. Awesome idea!!!

Check it out.... 1 acre = 43,560 square feet x 3 = 130,680 square feet. Divide that by 300 square feet and you get about 435 (300 sq ft) units!!! WOW, imagine all those people we could house if some of these jack-offs donated some of their sprawling land. Maybe the reason there isn't enough space for everybody is because these a-holes are hoarding all that land.

P.S. I'm all for land ownership and if you earned those 35 acres with your hard work, keep it! Just don't try to squeeze me into a 300 square foot space or I'll knock you out, punk.

edit on 12-7-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Ah. It isn't easy being movie and celebrity challenged.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I saw a story today at work on yahoo ... there is a couple 29 and 26 .. they pay 1500$ /mo for a 275sq ft apartment in NY. My 2 br apartment is 520$ /mo and is way bigger..

thanks .. but no thanks

edit on 12-7-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

I agree with you, although I never suggested this plan has anything to do with helping anyone but the promoters and their croney contractors.

And yes, I'd prefer a thousand acres with a house in the center of it and a few brahma bulls patroling the perimeter to greet the folks with 21 agendas.

I know you didn't suggest that. I got it from the way they talk about it in the video. They make it seem like it's all for those poor young people who need a cheaper place to stay, and for all those who want to come to live in New York.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The average jail cell is 60 square feet per person.
www.ask.com...

So we're getting there.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Just don't try to squeeze me into a 300 square foot space or I'll knock you out, punk.

That makes me wonder, can you even imagine the fights that would break out with that many people crammed into such small areas? Bloomberg is talking about 165,000 units!!! And without cars they'd all be STUCK, short of taking public transportation. What a gawdawful idea.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I found this article from 2011 about a woman in Manhattan that lives in 90 square feet; and she is a professional organizer.

Link: www.worldrecordsacademy.org...

Edit: Ok I did some googling and I decided to try and find the worlds smallest apartment. Here is what I found a woman living in a 21 square foot apartment!

Link: realestate.aol.com...

edit on 12-7-2012 by caladonea because: add more

edit on 12-7-2012 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
I saw a story today at work on yahoo ... there is a couple 29 and 26 .. they pay 1500$ /mo for a 275sq ft apartment in NY. My 2 br apartment is 520$ /mo and is way bigger..

thanks .. but no thanks

edit on 12-7-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

I visited New York City twice. Wild horses couldn't drag me back. Same goes for Washington DC. Actually I promised my truck never to take it east of the Mississippi River ever again if it would just get me out of there.
But that's just me.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by frazzle

I found this article from 2011 about a woman in Manhattan that lives in 90 square feet; and she is a professional organizer.

Link: www.worldrecordsacademy.org...

... Manhattan's Upper West Side where apartments rent for an average of $3,600 per month

Holy #!!!

(second)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join