It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agenda 21 Micro-Apartment Scheme Being Beta-Tested in NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Yeah, that's my point. Just find the most densely-populated and cheapest part of your town and see how it's working out for them.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by frazzle

Yeah, that's my point. Just find the most densely-populated and cheapest part of your town and see how it's working out for them.

I've driven through some of them. And I've driven all over the west where in many places you may or may not see another car for hours. Makes me wonder why all those people crammed in slums stay where they are.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by frazzle

I've driven through some of them. And I've driven all over the west where in many places you may or may not see another car for hours. Makes me wonder why all those people crammed in slums stay where they are.

The city is where the jobs are. That's why people flock to them, because the more people there are, the more services they require, the more jobs need to be filled. However, even this has it's limits.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I lived in a 300 ft apartment for several years. It wasn't so bad as a single guy. $300/mo. Mostly just slept there.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

The city is where the jobs are. That's why people flock to them, because the more people there are, the more services they require, the more jobs need to be filled. However, even this has it's limits.

Well, of course, and that's been the plan all along, to drive people off the farms where they were self sustaining and put them in tiny cells called apartments in the cities where they can make a profit for the boss. Farm foreclosures have happened in every decade since the 20s and all those former rural people had to go to work for the boss man in the city. This is just another step in what's been happening for the last 80 years.

Besides, more than half of the people in the poor sections of towns don't work anyway, so I see no reason why they couldn't spend the same amount of dollars living out in the hills in a beat up old RV and not have bullets whizzing over their heads all night long.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Bloomberg must feel like he owns the citizens of New York. Somebody should tell him he is the mayor, not the king.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Feeling like a rat yet? I hope so, they're already building your cage

The whole country will be like that eventually if we don't stop our insane growth.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
New York already has small apartments and they are not so bad. Many people are on a budget and this helps.

Plus why would you need a 12,000 sq ft loft thats $10,000 a month?

Check it out, I like it. 240 sq ft and a couple lives in it comfortably.

ny.curbed.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I was flying from Colorado to Ohio one time and due to a storm over Chicago the flight was diverted to New York. I kept praying please God do not let us land in New York. Luckily we went to Newark instead. I have no interest what so ever in setting foot on the east coast. Gimme the big sky and open land of the American West.
No way will you ever cram me into one of those tiny boxes.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisrand
New York already has small apartments and they are not so bad. Many people are on a budget and this helps.

Plus why would you need a 12,000 sq ft loft thats $10,000 a month?

Check it out, I like it. 240 sq ft and a couple lives in it comfortably.

ny.curbed.com...

That link you posted says they're paying $1,500.00 per month for that little 240 square foot crap hole. For that kind of money you can easily find a nice two bedroom two bathroom apartment WITH a garage a mile from the beach here in California. No way would I ever move to New York with those kind of prices, not when there's far better and nicer options elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I lived in a 300 ft apartment for several years. It wasn't so bad as a single guy. $300/mo. Mostly just slept there.

But did you have hundreds of other people crammed into 300 ft apartments above you, below you and on every side of you? And then cut the size of the apartments in half.

The living space isn't really the problem, though, its the high density and lack of privacy. The rules would have to be hideous to put that many people so close together.

So in 20 years, when people will ask their kids what they want to be when they grow up, will the answer be "a New York sardine"? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I'll take a small city over a small town anyday.

I've seen what small town folks do when they get bored and it's usually a. illegal and/or b. illogical.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So what does this have to do with "Agenda 21"? The term become the latest bogeyman word thrown around without any thought to how it actually applies.

Apartment prices in NYC have always been extremely high. I knew people who were subletting lofts for 3K a month or more. These micro-apartments are an imported idea from Asian cities like Tokyo, where they have some success and their is a demand for them, from people who want a place to sleep and don't want to spend every cent they make subletting a loft or one-bedroom apt. There are a lot of workers in NYC who have home outside the city who don't want to make that nightmarish commute, so maintain a small apartment for themselves in the city near their office, who would love to get ahold of something like one of these micro-apartments for a fraction of the cost of what they pay now.

Susanne Posel at Infowars.com came up with this article, and the whole "Agenda 21 is to blame" angle is complete BS.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Rats you beat me to it.
That all I could picture when they said how tiny these apartments would be.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by frazzle

I'll take a small city over a small town anyday.

I've seen what small town folks do when they get bored and it's usually a. illegal and/or b. illogical.

So far no one is preventing you from enjoying your small city environment and I'm glad that you can and that you do. This is about high density cities becoming much more dense. BIIIIG difference.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

But did you have hundreds of other people crammed into 300 ft apartments above you, below you and on every side of you? And then cut the size of the apartments in half.

The living space isn't really the problem, though, its the high density and lack of privacy. The rules would have to be hideous to put that many people so close together.

So in 20 years, when people will ask their kids what they want to be when they grow up, will the answer be "a New York sardine"? I don't think so.

So it would be like a college dorm, where 2 people shared a room that size. Some of the best times of my life.

People are spolied is all it has come down to.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
So what does this have to do with "Agenda 21"? The term become the latest bogeyman word thrown around without any thought to how it actually applies.

Apartment prices in NYC have always been extremely high. I knew people who were subletting lofts for 3K a month or more. These micro-apartments are an imported idea from Asian cities like Tokyo, where they have some success and their is a demand for them, from people who want a place to sleep and don't want to spend every cent they make subletting a loft or one-bedroom apt. There are a lot of workers in NYC who have home outside the city who don't want to make that nightmarish commute, so maintain a small apartment for themselves in the city near their office, who would love to get ahold of something like one of these micro-apartments for a fraction of the cost of what they pay now.

Susanne Posel at Infowars.com came up with this article, and the whole "Agenda 21 is to blame" angle is complete BS.

Do some research on agenda 21 is all I can suggest.

Meanwhile:

implementation of Local Agenda 21 programmes, the Sustainable Cities Program, Cities and Climate Change Initiative and the Global Compact Cities Programme
Like Tokyo.

So far Mr. Bloomberg hasn't offered any figures on what rents will actually shake out to be. You can assume these living spaces will be cheaper, but "good ideas" like this generally don't turn out to be cheaper.

You sound like a good candidate for the program though, so let us know how it turns out.

And remember, high costs are not a result of higher valuation of things, they are a result of a weakening dollar. Whole different discussion.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
All hail king bloomberg! If you dont youll have to answer to his army. praise be to his glorious idea of tenement living. This has totally never been done.before or proven ineffective and will surely improve the quality of life for thousands of us and if a decrease in the homeless population is not noted it will surely be the fault of the average.citizen for not being a better subject. His continuous support of the banking industry will lead us to salvation friends! A

Are you still not convinced he honestly won and deserved a third term? Good you shouldnt be. This man is a criminal. There are more homes than there are homeless people in nyc why not just open those up for the people or invest some of his vast wealth in affordable HOUSING not overpriced cubicles.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

So it would be like a college dorm, where 2 people shared a room that size. Some of the best times of my life.

People are spolied is all it has come down to.

Ah yes, the American dream, to become a professional student and never grow up (or out of the dorm).

Please define spoiled.

And, by the way, I am also not in favor of 3000 + square foot sprawling homes that developers love to build, and real estate agents love to sell, and energy companies love to heat and cool, and counties love to tax. Yes, people do need to get off their high horse and come back down to earth, but there is a MIDDLE GROUND between sprawl and cramped.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The point is that 300 ft apartments serve a purpose. In new york they have become almost neccesary. Single kids starting out on careers, etc. i don't think anyone thinks that they are intended for a family of four. And to tie it all in with Agenda 21? Pretty far fetched if you ask me.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join