It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Funeral home to open on-site Starbucks

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Funeral home to open on-site Starbucks


www.torontosun.com

Just because friends and family are grieving a late loved one doesn't mean they wouldn't appreciate a latte.

They'll soon be able to buy one at Robinson Funeral in Easley, S.C., which announced it will open a Starbucks on its premises later this summer, reported CBS 7.

Coffee has always accompanied coffins in the Robinson family business: both were for sale at the general mercantile store, established in 1875, that later became the funeral home and crematory, according to the company website.

The coffee shop will be part of a new wing being added to the building. Starbucks will ins
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.thestar.com
cnews.canoe.ca




posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Im not so sure this is a good idea honestly...

I mean... a cup of coffee is always nice, but its hardly the place to advertise...

Whats next, a McDonalds in a funeral home? Perhaps a drive through?

I don't think this is a wise decision on the part of Starbucks... I think they're trying to say "we care"... but are they really saying that... or are they just taking advantage of the grieving?

I think coffee is the last thing on peoples minds at a funeral home

Edit: I agree with you guys... The hell with the coffee, bring on the drinks



www.torontosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
not like the funeral home is opening a strip club.....dont have an issue either way really....................................



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This to me is complete lunacy. Why not also have a floral shop so folks can pick up flowers and a card if they've forgotten? Oh wait, they already have that type of option at many Funeral homes.

I once dream't that WalMart had become the global monarchy. For example, you'd be employed at WalMart, shop at WalMart, cash your checks at WalMart, have your health handled by the WalMart Hospital Services and live in WalMart Estates (connected to a WalMart). When you died you'd attend the funeral at WalMart Funeral Homes (connected to WalMart) which is paid through then WalMart Insurance plan managed by the WalMart Banking service. Your kids would go to the WalMart "School for the Gifted" and everyone would enjoy fine dining at the WalMart Food Court. For exercise the WalMart Health Gym is just the place to work off those carbs... Your PC's, TV and telecom carrier is handled through WalMart Telco & WiFi Services (and it goes on & on & on....)

In other words, you would never have to leave the premises...

I don't know folks, the insensitive marketing sense of many makes my blood boil.

I'm just still just waiting for my flying car I was promised in the 60's, that's all I want... of course I'm sure Starbucks will have floating kiosk to serve me my coffee and tea when that happens.



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
meh ... everyone knows the drink of choice for funerals is whisky .... they should have opened a pub instead ...



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
This to me is complete lunacy. Why not also have a floral shop so folks can pick up flowers and a card if they've forgotten? Oh wait, they already have that type of option at many Funeral homes.

I once dream't that WalMart had become the global monarchy. For example, you'd be employed at WalMart, shop at WalMart, cash your checks at WalMart, have your health handled by the WalMart Hospital Services and live in WalMart Estates (connected to a WalMart). When you died you'd attend the funeral at WalMart Funeral Homes (connected to WalMart) which is paid through then WalMart Insurance plan managed by the WalMart Banking service. Your kids would go to the WalMart "School for the Gifted" and everyone would enjoy fine dining at the WalMart Food Court. For exercise the WalMart Health Gym is just the place to work off those carbs... Your PC's, TV and telecom carrier is handled through WalMart Telco & WiFi Services (and it goes on & on & on....)

In other words, you would never have to leave the premises...

I don't know folks, the insensitive marketing sense of many makes my blood boil.

I'm just still just waiting for my flying car I was promised in the 60's, that's all I want... of course I'm sure Starbucks will have floating kiosk to serve me my coffee and tea when that happens.


Wallmart sells Caskets... by the way





posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Forget the lattes. I'd rather crack open a cold one. Refreshing...



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I can't say this is a great idea, yeah last thing on everyone's mind would be 'let me buy a coffee'

What are the Adverts for funeral Starbucks going to be like? ..."Starbucks Coffee.... So good everyone's just dying to get one"

edit on 12-7-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Dying for a coffee?

Having conquered the living, Starbucks are now making money off the dead...


50 years ago - heck, even 20 years ago - this would have been seen as highly inappropriate, immoral, and unethical by both funeral home and coffee company, and would never have happened. Today, it's OK?

Paradigm change.

Notice how people, in general, seem to care less about what's 'correct' these days? What is going on?



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147
 


They're making sure to include Wifi too...

Likely so people can tweet the progress of the funeral....




posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I can't say this is a great idea, yeah last thing on everyone's mind would be 'let me buy a coffee'

What are the Adverts for funeral Starbucks going to be like? ..."Starbucks Coffee.... So good everyone's just dying to get one"

edit on 12-7-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)


McDonalds would have a tough job trying to advertise their Happy Meals.



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I can't say this is a great idea, yeah last thing on everyone's mind would be 'let me buy a coffee'

What are the Adverts for funeral Starbucks going to be like? ..."Starbucks Coffee.... So good everyone's just dying to get one"

edit on 12-7-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)


McDonalds would have a tough job trying to advertise their Happy Meals.


LOL LOL LOL , yup agreed



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fugazzi777
not like the funeral home is opening a strip club.....dont have an issue either way really....................................


Now you went and did it. Someone will read your post and think "Why not?".

The corpse will be given a free lap dance. If that does not get a response then they are dead for sure.



posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


Well,

That's why they call it a WAKE




posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I know to some, it may seem odd... but here in the south and I suppose in rural areas all over, one of the first things to happen when someone passes is to put on coffee. After 50 years, I have seen and been to many wakes, viewings, funerals... even a couple of " sitting up with the dead."

The funeral homes here actually offer and provide the big, commercial coffee makers...cups, sugar and creme packets...and after a few days, they swing buy and pick them back up.

As such, StarBucks in a funeral home is a natural progression... we usually have the viewing or wake the night before the funeral and as much as it is a way to support and console the surviving family members.... it really is like a family reunion... seeing folks you may not have seen in some years... or at least since last Xmas.

After an hour of talking... a cup of coffee would actually be pretty good.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join