It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trial Of An Atheist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am sorry to go me, me , me, in your thread. I just was angry how the government takes dumps on me from time to time and blames me for all the worlds problems. The gov messes with me and hunts me and I came on to ATS looked for a thread that had to do with Aetheism . I don't know why they put this in my live connection just to mess with me probably, I don't know maybe trying to get a debate going with the aetheists and religious. I had an opening thread from the Matrix four years ago when I first came here probably them giving me the finger like usual.

There have been threads about why the pushing of Aetheism on other threads when people go back and forth and with the schools some people are just anti religious I guess. You see a lot of that here on the site, peoples freedom of speech and to be lashing out against the world. Their bet of something something here is better than everyone else's and they need to be reminding us all they are smarter than everybody else.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Google Sophia Stewart. She did write the Third Eye and it was ripped off by the Wachowski brothers. Maybe I'm wrong that she won the lawsuit, but I'm not wrong that they stole her idea.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by Annee

Google Sophia Stewart. She did write the Third Eye and it was ripped off by the Wachowski brothers. Maybe I'm wrong that she won the lawsuit, but I'm not wrong that they stole her idea.

Read the Snopes article.

It was thrown out because she and her lawyer did not show up for a hearing. She did say she intends to still fight it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes I though that his photos and shirt were a statement and a collection of evidence. And this bill is basically outrageous.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Annee

Yes I though that his photos and shirt were a statement and a collection of evidence. And this bill is basically outrageous.

Yes. Belief is a personal choice.

Forcing it on others is not OK.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

843.02 … RESISTING/OBSTRUCTING OFFICER W/OUT VIOLENCE (1st degree misdemeanor; $1000 max. fine; term of imprisonment not exceeding 1 year)
877.03 … DISORDERLY CONDUCT (2nd degree misdemeanor; $500 max. fine; term of imprisonment not exceeding 60 days)
871.01 … DISTURBING SCHOOL, RELIGIOUS, OR LAWFUL ASSEMBLY* (2nd degree misdemeanor; $500 max. fine; term of imprisonment not exceeding 60 days)

* FL Statute 871.01 states: “Whoever willfully interrupts or disturbs any school or any assembly of people met for the worship of God or for any lawful purpose commits a misdemeanor of the second degree.”

So the guy could have been interrupting ANY assembly of people and would have gotten in trouble. But of course he has to put on his "OMG LOOK at me im an ATHEIST" T-shirt and start a fight and then turn around to play the victim card, typical...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Another over the top idiot atheist troll...These are the types of people who like to crusade and chastise people for their beliefs. No different from a fundy.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Does not Praying count as distrubing it.

We need to be real specific about what we call disturb... Couldnt an officer say that you taking pictures of him of his car could be disturbing him?

How far can we take such silly things? Obviously it takes a religious person to let us know.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

We need to be real specific about what we call disturb... Couldnt an officer say that you taking pictures of him of his car could be disturbing him?

How far can we take such silly things? Obviously it takes a religious person to let us know.

And like i said, we really don't have any sort of non-biased report on the subject.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

And like i said, we really don't have any sort of non-biased report on the subject.

We have facts.

Read the trial.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

We have facts.

Read the trial.

Im not seeing a link to the trial of this guy. Did I miss it somewhere?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

843.02 … RESISTING/OBSTRUCTING OFFICER W/OUT VIOLENCE (1st degree misdemeanor; $1000 max. fine; term of imprisonment not exceeding 1 year)
877.03 … DISORDERLY CONDUCT (2nd degree misdemeanor; $500 max. fine; term of imprisonment not exceeding 60 days)
871.01 … DISTURBING SCHOOL, RELIGIOUS, OR LAWFUL ASSEMBLY* (2nd degree misdemeanor; $500 max. fine; term of imprisonment not exceeding 60 days)

* FL Statute 871.01 states: “Whoever willfully interrupts or disturbs any school or any assembly of people met for the worship of God or for any lawful purpose commits a misdemeanor of the second degree.”

So the guy could have been interrupting ANY assembly of people and would have gotten in trouble. But of course he has to put on his "OMG LOOK at me im an ATHEIST" T-shirt and start a fight and then turn around to play the victim card, typical...

What if the board members were wearing Jesus shirts? Would that be objectionable?

Do you believe a Christian wearing a Jesus shirt taking pictures would have been arrested?

This was a board meeting for a public school.

This group had already been reprimanded for including prayer during a public school meeting.

So now - - the only difference is - - they don't bang the gavel to start the meeting until after the prayer.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So is that a "no", you don't have a link to the trial?

What if the board members were wearing Jesus shirts? Would that be objectionable?

No...

Do you believe a Christian wearing a Jesus shirt taking pictures would have been arrested?

If they were disrupting someones activity then it really does not matter what they are wearing.

This was a board meeting for a public school.

This group had already been reprimanded for including prayer during a public school meeting.

So now - - the only difference is - - they don't bang the gavel to start the meeting until after the prayer.

And your point??? The meeting had not started, a clear separation of there personal affairs end and where city affairs start. If prayer is so ineffective and pointless as atheists say then what is the harm in letting people do what they want? Is a group praying REALLY an effort to forcefully convert someone? Don't get me wrong Im no christian and I don't get the whole zombie carpenter worship but honestly it is kind of petty to pull this kind of crap, It makes him look pathetic.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

We have facts.

Read the trial.

Im not seeing a link to the trial of this guy. Did I miss it somewhere?

The most accurate information I've found is on the Free2Think site. Facts are facts. They can be read without bias.

I thought at one point I was reading a trial transcript. Maybe I was reading excerpts. I have a 4 year old here - - a Tasmanian devil distraction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facts are this group had already been contacted by the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

I do not find 2 Atheists showing up to keep them "honest" out of line.

The group continued with they're prayer - - with one difference. They hit the gavel to start the board meeting after the prayer - - instead of before.

Freedom From Religion Foundation threatens lawsuit in Polk County

Yesterday the Polk County Florida School board made a change to their invocation policy. They had been opening their bi-weekly meetings with an invocation, but had received a letter from the Freedom From Religion Foundation threatening a lawsuit if they continued. www.examiner.com...

Here is a discussion forum. It is connected to the Free2Think site - - - but I give you credit for being intelligent and finding factual info.

free2think.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The most accurate information I've found is on the Free2Think site. Facts are facts. They can be read without bias.

Well considering that it is an atheist board i don't see how it would not be biased. Yes "facts are facts" but then again there can be parts of the story left out.

I thought at one point I was reading a trial transcript. Maybe I was reading excerpts.

So you have no trouble in admitting you don't know 100% what you are reading but will take it all in as fact? lol sounds like one of those christians who read the bible but don't really get it.

Facts are this group had already been contacted by the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

That has nothing to do with anything, the Freedom From Religion Foundation is a private group and has no power to tell others what to do before a city meeting.

The group continued with they're prayer - - with one difference. They hit the gavel to start the board meeting after the prayer - - instead of before.

Yeah you already said that... That is a pretty clear separation of church and state, it does not get much more clear than that. They got what they wanted, no more prayer during meetings, but apparently that is not the real problem. It sounds to me like they just don't want people to pray at all. That is fine but people should not try to mask their bigotry.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I tried to provide you with factual information.

I gave you benefit of doubt you had the intelligence to decipher fact. You choose to come back with an attempted insulting attitude.

Its pretty clear we are on different sides of this fence.

End of discussion.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
More on Polk County - - - related to the subject of this thread. Please read the article in full.

A posting on the Frank Smith Ministries website explained that highways in Florida were being blessed as a part of the Polk Under Prayer (PUP) project.

“It’s objective is to place Holy Angels at all roads that lead into or out of Polk County,” the group wrote. “A strip of anointed oil has been placed over all lanes of highway at the county line and a prayer has been given at each location asking God to have angels inspect every vehicle that travels into or out of this county and to bring under conviction to those who seek evil and we asked God to bring them to a state of submission and repentance.”

If they will not submit to God’s way of living, then the prayer is to have them incarcerated or removed from the county.

And it could be working because soon after the blessing, HFA president Ellen Beth Wachs was arrested twice in Polk County, once for misrepresenting herself as a practitioner of law and once for lewd and lascivious behavior, according to CBS Tampa.

“I had taken [them] on in a church/state separation issue … and [they] sent a SWAT team in [to my home],” she said, claiming that the charges were fraudulent. “They arrested me … and put me in solitary confinement.”

“Look, we just want the world to know that Polk County is open to everyone,” Wachs said of Sunday’s action on Highway 98. “You can’t just draw a line of oil across the county line and say, ‘Only Christians allowed.’” www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I tried to provide you with factual information.

With a link to an atheist board?

I gave you benefit of doubt you had the intelligence to decipher fact. You choose to come back with an attempted insulting attitude.

What amazing logic you have, i disagree therefore I lack the intelligence. Truly amazing...

Its pretty clear we are on different sides of this fence.

End of discussion.

lol that is classic

The fact is they prayer was before the meeting took place so they really have no basis for their sob story about the horrible Christians and their evil prayers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join