It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spearheads and DNA Point to a Second Founding Society in North America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Stone spearheads and human DNA found in Oregon caves, anthropologists say, have produced firmer evidence that these are the oldest directly dated remains of people in North America. They also show that at least two cultures with distinct technologies — not a single one, as had been supposed — shared the continent more than 13,000 years ago.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The research is based on finds that show multiple or parallel developments in hunting implements that may have preceded the Clovis technology by a separate group.

This find is coming on the heels of a study that suggest America was settled in three waves, opposed to one large wave of Siberian migrants;

Earliest Americans Arrived in Waves, DNA Study Finds

Both articles are a good read if this is your sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Is this Americans desperately trying to prove they have a history? Haha.

I agree a great read and one that makes some sense.

14,600 years ago for both Chile and Paisley, those people must have run fast to have left artefacts at both times yet, I assume, long way apart.!

I await some more knowledgeable folks to add to this story, as, to be honest I know nothing. (As you will note from my comments)

Star and flag for increasing our collective knowledge.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Stone spearheads and human DNA found in Oregon caves, anthropologists say, have produced firmer evidence that these are the oldest directly dated remains of people in North America. They also show that at least two cultures with distinct technologies — not a single one, as had been supposed — shared the continent more than 13,000 years ago.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The research is based on finds that show multiple or parallel developments in hunting implements that may have preceded the Clovis technology by a separate group.

This find is coming on the heels of a study that suggest America was settled in three waves, opposed to one large wave of Siberian migrants;

Earliest Americans Arrived in Waves, DNA Study Finds

Both articles are a good read if this is your sort of thing.

Only 13,000 years ago?

Thats a drop in the ocean compared to Britain. Try 800,000 years ago lol

www.nhm.ac.uk...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
S & F

Thank you for posting this. A few more pieces of the puzzle.

I personally have always felt that not only did they come in waves but also much earlier than is generally accepted.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Howdy Slayer

I see you beat me putting that one up - you usually do!

Good research, man is slowly, ever so slowly peeling back the layers. I'm not sure how much further research will support or not support the ideas about the Na Dene.

I'll predict that in 15 more years we'll have evidence of a series of more groups that came in from Asia over the years.

I noted sadly the lack of data from native American of the present US of A.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot

So true.

We even still have a whole bunch of trees here that people didn't plant! A big old forest of them is growing just outside of downtown Memphis, in fact.

Just grew from seed with no help at all - imagine that!

People haven't gotten around to shaping every damn hillside artificially here yet either!

Stupid Americans!

Harte

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dowot

I do hope that is a bad joke & that you aren't serious, because if you are serious, you are horribly ignorant. Of course America does indeed have a history, just like any other area of land on this rock, going far further back than just when Europeans began plundering it. If we're able to examine other areas of the planet & delve into those histories, don't you think peeling back America's onion layers of habitation are just as worthy of study? Is so much as suggesting so some sort of faux pas now?
I, for one, find these findings fascinating. We were so sure the Clovis people were alone for so long that it's an eye-opener to realize that was probably quite wrong. I'm wondering if the 2 peoples ever crossed paths. It's possible that they may have, given the range of the Clovis. Could either have influenced the other in some way? Not just in possible tools, but culturally, too. If they did interact, what might one have borrowed from the other & held on to? We may never know, but it's still fascinating to ponder. Ancient America is a lost chapter of Earth's history. It might not be as fascinating to others as say, Sumeria, or Gobekli Tepe, but it's still a part of human history nonetheless. I'm grateful for whatever lost tidbits of our distant past we recover, it's part of all of us.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I noticed a very interesting article in our local (Arizona) newspaper/online paper this morning about humans being bred with "other species" take a look.

The human family tree just got another -- mysterious -- branch, an African "sister species" to the heavy-browed Neanderthals who once roamed Europe.

While no fossilized bones have been found from these enigmatic people, they did leave a calling card in present-day Africans: snippets of foreign DNA.

There's only way one that genetic material could have made it into modern human populations.

"Geneticists like euphemisms, but we're talking about sex," said Joshua Akey of the University of Washington in Seattle, whose lab identified the foreign DNA in three groups of modern Africans.

These genetic leftovers do not resemble DNA from any modern-day humans. The foreign DNA also does not resemble Neanderthal DNA, which shows up in the DNA of some modern-day Europeans, Akey said. That means the newly identified DNA came from an unknown group.

"We're calling this a Neanderthal sibling species in Africa," Akey said. He added that the interbreeding likely occurred 20,000 to 50,000 years ago, long after some modern humans had walked out of Africa to colonize Asia and Europe, and around the same time Neanderthals were waning in Europe.

Akey said that present-day Europeans show no evidence of the foreign DNA, meaning the mystery people were likely confined to Africa.

www.azcentral.com... /20120726dna-links-humans-mystery-species.html

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ConcernedCitizen99

Your link is broken

Another or different article on this

I think this points to a universal human truth, randy males will mate with anything

new topics

top topics

join