It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrogance of Global Warming

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
*ahem*

Apparently this summer has been quite a scorcher in the United States. Lots of heat. Heat related damage, even heat related deaths.
Thousands of records broken.

Elsewhere, it's been either cooler or about normal.

Thus my rant.

Why is it that if something happens within CONUS, it's a "global" effect?

If ii's hot in the States, it's "Global" warming.
If it's cool in the States, it's "Global" cooling.
If it's rainy in the States, will we see "Global" flooding?
If it's snowy in Montana, will we see a "Global" whiteout?

Just because something happens in America doesn't mean it's a "Global" effect.

Get over yourself, America.

It's getting embarrassing.
edit on 12-7-2012 by beezzer because: spyllinbg

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i hear ya.
blame the nutjobs on the t.v.
most people are not falling for the global warming hoax in the u.s.

but when the tyrant in the whitehouse blames gw, not much the rest of the world can do.
after all he is so intelligent.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
i hear ya.
blame the nutjobs on the t.v.
most people are not falling for the global warming hoax in the u.s.

but when the tyrant in the whitehouse blames gw, not much the rest of the world can do.
after all he is so intelligent.

I know!!! They scream "Global" Warming, just because it's hot in America.

I didn't realise America covered the globe.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Global warming needs to be changed to " climate change". All changes should be called just that..... Climate change. Its normal.... It happens.

www.ann-geophys.net...

Here is what I deem on topic, although it does not speak of global warming as it does climate change. Its a good read if you like to read about the Sun and our climate. :-)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Agreed the States have tried to turn Global "Climate Change" as a sort o biz and crisis. However the fault doesn't lay with us Americans 100%.

Ever heard of East Angila University?

CRU

And then...

CRU Email Controversy

And after all that, now this?

WTF?

Global Climate whatchawhosit, whatever you want to call it is a mess and I don't know a single Westernized Country that isn't involved in the rhetoric of this debate.
edit on 12-7-2012 by thesungod because: Spelling... I think I got it all.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've been saying since before Global Warming was a catch phrase and Gore invented the thing that the Weather is going nuts. Not warmer, not cooler....not consistently anyway. It's just gone psychotic. Tornados where they shouldn't be...Hurricanes making right angle turns....Winds blowing backward and at triple digit sustained straight lines in not one place as a fluke....but MANY places over several years which no one living there recalls seeing before.

Global Waming my foot...the whole thing is just broken, at least temporarily. Nature can be one vengeful and unforgiving thing and she seems real pissed about something here recently.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Let me reiterate.

Climate change, real or not, is a topic for great debate.

But the hot weather in ONE PORTION OF THE PLANET does NOT constitute "Global" warming.
Hence, my rant.

The arrogance of the American's who spout such drivel (and I am an American citizen) just drives me nuts!

That being said, thanks for the links folks.

I will check them out.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Arrogance of Americans?

Thousands of scientists around the world agree that this is real.

It just sounds like another rant against science by someone who just doesn't understand the science behind global warming. Of course there'll just be more ranting.

Sigh. So much for denying ignorance.

More like embracing ignorance.

Ignorance is bliss, after all.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

If those scientists hadn't been repeatedly caught red handed by their own written words in documents and Emails cooking the books and fudging critical numbers, perhaps they'd have a pinch more credibility. The worst part of all that is that if they HAD been entirely honest about the rest, which I absolutely don't believe, then lying and fabricating as much as they did would cause the real problem to be thrown in the junk pile with the fabrications.

What a complex web we weave when first we learn to deceive.

....and oh how they've learned well. They just forgot the classes on basic communications security. Doom on them and it cost them a good % of what they'd gained to that point. Ooooops

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We Canadians up north have a very good persepctive on the US self-centeredness.

Its quite comical to go to the US and when people ask us where we are from, and when we say "Canada", they respond with "what state is that in?". True story.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So one or two scientists makes a mistake and all of a sudden tens of thousands of them around the world are conspirators?

Nice logic and reason.

But then again, ignorance breeds irrational thought.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
reply to post by beezzer

We Canadians up north have a very good persepctive on the US self-centeredness.

Its quite comical to go to the US and when people ask us where we are from, and when we say "Canada", they respond with "what state is that in?". True story.

Thanks. I appeciate the fact that you get it.

It's not so much about global whatever as much as it is about US self-centeredness.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So one or two scientists makes a mistake and all of a sudden tens of thousands of them around the world are conspirators?

Nice logic and reason.

But then again, ignorance breeds irrational thought.

Evil, (can I call you Evil?)
This thread is not about global warming as it is about the egocentric attitude some have in the States.

Maybe I'll start a global climate thread and we can hash it out there.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, but you brought up global warming to prove it, which was a bad move. Global warming has nothing to do with American ego centrism. It is a world wide scientific belief back by a lot of hard science.

All big countries are ego centric. They only complain about other countries because they think they're the best and nobody else should be.

That's the only reason to complain about other countries' egos.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ahh.. Beezer, my bad too I think. I believe I missed the real point of your thread with the GW distraction myself.

I do take your point about how the U.S. seems to be the center of the known universe on some things..when of course, we're nothing of the sort. Doesn't this remind you of the Weather Channel? I don't know where you live but here in Missouri, it'd better be a report worth waiting for because all life happens on the east coast. They just throw a report out for us hicks living around campfires in flyover country once or twice an hour. lol.... ONE storm on the East Coast though and my God, it's 'The Day After Tomorrow' and it's happening right this second, they scream.

edit on 12-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here is one article on Russian ego centrism:

The fact that the Havana International Book Fair is dedicated to Russia makes my hair stand on end. I fear they’ll again try to establish the same aristocracy here that existed back then in the former Soviet Union, but one with a Russian essence. I’m afraid they’re the ones who will attempt to impose their aesthetics and prices, in both the State market and the black market.

Nonetheless, I have pleasant childhood memories of their picture books, complete with cutouts and comics. Though perhaps these were too serious for the tropics, they were what so many of us here grew up with. I also remember my mom buying some enormous head bands from a Russian for arranging my hair in even larger buns, and those “careful don’t fall” shoes that killed my feet.

I venture to say this even with nostalgia. Despite my mother’s efforts to make me look like a mindful child, the only thing she contributed with those details was to exacerbate my urge to irritate those who had more power than me.

www.havanatimes.org...

So really, all I see this as just another reason o bash America just because it's fun, trendy, and easy to do.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
People have no idea between Global Climate change and Global warming...

whats happening right now is Global Climate Change..

Global Warming is always happening... slowly.... its a build up of heat in the atmosphere...these things may happen because of overall Global Warming but i doubt that, Global Warming is not at that high level yet(its increasing tho), we probably wont see the effect of Global warming for another 50 yrs or so.. assuming we keep polluting at the same rate.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Now Beez... you know I'm one of them "dirty liberals" and "scientist types" ...

I do agree they should have named it "Climate Change" instead of "Global Warming" but it is happening and affects the entire globe...

but, at the same time, I have a lot of friends on the other side of the political spectrum as well as a sense of humor... and I've missed my Uncle BEEZEERR!!

So, here's a video you'll enjoy. I don't agree with it, but you'll like it and it's kinda funny too

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thanks Purp, and just for you,

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

So really, all I see this as just another reason o bash America just because it's fun, trendy, and easy to do.

I'm not bashing America orAmericans.

My rant is directed at the American arrogance concerning their weather.

Since I've lived over half my life in America, I think I have the right, if I wish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join