It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Attorneys Generals Jump On The Lieborgate Bandwagon; 900,000+ Lawsuits To Follow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
even if they sue, AG would eventually settle, give a huge sun to their civilian attorney friends, and misspend whatever money they did get.

Tobacco settlement all over again.

2 cents

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
WOW bring on RICO charges,
go the AGs

The second Barclays announced its $450 million Libor settlement, it was all over - the lawyers smelled not only blood, but what may be the biggest plaintiff feeding frenzy of all time. Which is why it was only a matter of time: "State attorneys general are jumping into the widening scandal over whether banks tried to manipulate benchmark international lending rates, a move that could open a new front against the top global banks. A handful of state attorneys general said they are looking into whether they have jurisdiction over the banks, and are starting preliminary discussions to determine what kind of impact the conduct involving the Libor rate may have had in their states."

zero hedge

IF this happens we WILL see bankers in jail.
i bet we will see bankers behind bars within 6 months

still reading this now......

xploder

just because some banker nobody goes to jail does'nt mean the men responsable will be prosecuted!
Cause in the real world only those without power do time!
The truth is this scandel is a total conspiracy against the population of planet earth and the only people
that will pay a price for this deception are the same ones that always pay! John Q Public!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassey222

Originally posted by MrUncreated
I won't get my hopes up. The master of all banks is the Federal Reserve. He who controls the money makes the rules... or in this case, the print machine. I wouldn't be surprised if this just mysteriously disappears, and the mass media pulls more distractions out of its ass to confuse everyone.
edit on 11-7-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

This is akin to saying "China owns the US".. it is a fallacy. Much how the US owns China, the people own the Federal Reserve. The trick is convincing the people this is true. To put this in terms everyone can understand: If you owe the bank a million dollars the bank owns you. If you owe the bank a billion dollars you own the bank. We as the "consumers" own a whole lot more than all the banks and if we decide we are done playing their game then they loose.

How do you imply we stop playing their game? You mean we should'nt buy food, water, electricity and other amenities! Even after we were to do all this how would they lose and we win cause in my eyes we would lose either way! The only way they will lose, is, if we change the rules, of their game and the only way to do that, is through a revolution! Cause If we continue to spit on this fire instead of opening the gates of this dam we will end up burning in the end!
edit on 13-7-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: fix

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
For once all the lawyers could be a good thing. Granted, most of them are out for money, not change, but still this could benefit us in the long run as far as doing away with corporate and government corruption. If the lawyers think they can make money, and have a decent case, there will some who will go after it. First the government screwed people out of their hard earned money, then the banks screwed the people by getting the money from the government, and now the money will go to the lawyers and some of the people if these cases are won. Is that a decent, although stripped-down, assessment? Haha.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wow. I'm surprised that this thread is the only one pointing this out. And I'm surprised it keeps getting buried and forgotten.

Oh, wait. No I'm not.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom:

How do you imply we stop playing their game? You mean we should'nt buy food, water, electricity and other amenities! Even after we were to do all this how would they lose and we win cause in my eyes we would lose either way! The only way they will lose, is, if we change the rules, of their game and the only way to do that, is through a revolution! Cause If we continue to spit on this fire instead of opening the gates of this dam we will end up burning in the end!

It isn't too hard to make a statement if everyone is making it together. So let us say we want to make a statement to a business.. like.. Wal-Mart. If there was a mass movement to boycott Wal-Mart for even one day we could basically blackmail them into whatever our demands would be.. and threaten them that if they fail on our demands in the future we will boycott them again. Sometimes you may have to go about things a bit differently; if we want to 'effect' the Federal Reserve we may need to find industries that work with them and boycott them in order for them to urge the appropriate changes.

The best part about this type of protest is it is actually doable in today's social media driven world. Boycotts don't even have to have 100% participation. It is a staggering amount of money that can be affected with only a 10% decline in sales to some of these larger companies. Remember when the gulf oil spill happened and people boycotted the BP gas stations? I remember driving by one on that day and saying, "damn, people are still there" and the news was all "boycotting your local gas station only hurts your local businessman".. well guess what, it did make an impact, since 2010 there have been 17% fewer BP brand gas stations built in the US and some percentage that changed brands from BP (article didn't say how many changed).

As far as your concerns over the basic amenities I have to say that it only makes sense to try to be less reliant but that just sounds like a bunch of green eco horse shyt. I rent so having a garden or mounting solar panels is out. Oh but I do have a solar panel that mounts to my window~ I use it to charge a battery that powers my electric fan. Sure it is five years old, big and bulky and makes two big holes in my window seal that I may, or may not, have to fix when I leave here but it has payed for itself long ago and saves me about 40 dollars a month on my electric bill. So why the hell not be a little bit "eco friendly" if for nothing else but your wallet. Basically it comes down to wanting to be less reliant. You might be surprised at how easy it is to do.

PS Boycott Wal-mart~ I personally haven't shopped there since 1998 but that is because I worked for them and tasted how bad that place really is. They have so many reasons not to shop there everyone can find a reason to boycott them^^
edit on 17-7-2012 by Cassey222 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join