It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Attorneys Generals Jump On The Lieborgate Bandwagon; 900,000+ Lawsuits To Follow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
WOW bring on RICO charges,
go the AGs

The second Barclays announced its $450 million Libor settlement, it was all over - the lawyers smelled not only blood, but what may be the biggest plaintiff feeding frenzy of all time. Which is why it was only a matter of time: "State attorneys general are jumping into the widening scandal over whether banks tried to manipulate benchmark international lending rates, a move that could open a new front against the top global banks. A handful of state attorneys general said they are looking into whether they have jurisdiction over the banks, and are starting preliminary discussions to determine what kind of impact the conduct involving the Libor rate may have had in their states."

zero hedge

IF this happens we WILL see bankers in jail.
i bet we will see bankers behind bars within 6 months

still reading this now......

xploder

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I guess my point is the municipalities may sue the banks too.
and with so many municipalities on the verge of bankruptcy due to the hedging instruments that were set to libour,
im sure the banks will be hunted without mercy

xploder

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I love the sentiment and thoughts and I love the State AG's for pursuing it...but...I don't think this ever gets anywhere to be totally honest. There are secrets buried in the middle of what would be cut wide open for public view that burn politicians as hard or harder than the bankers who simply moved the numbers on a computer screen, as said politicians directed. CAFR funds immediately jump to mind and that...if proven in the open air of very high stakes law suits, could take down a lot more than a banker or a couple politicians.

Not only that, we know that the incestuous relationship between places like Goldman Sachs and Government is ongoing and as tight as it's ever been. There are still plenty of people seemingly moving from one world to the other. State AG's can win..only if they find a way to drive straight over the top of Washington, is my guess.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If the states can sue then why cant the people who were swindled with outrageous interest rates and deflation of their wealth from the manipulation of the numbers by these banksters......

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I wonder if this is why so many bankers have been resigning!!!

Maybe there is hope for truth and justice???

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

if they dont prosicute,
there will be many upset people

there is no way to sweep this under the rug

xploder

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

the more noise we make,
the faster the bankers go to jail

xploder

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I won't get my hopes up. The master of all banks is the Federal Reserve. He who controls the money makes the rules... or in this case, the print machine. I wouldn't be surprised if this just mysteriously disappears, and the mass media pulls more distractions out of its ass to confuse everyone.
edit on 11-7-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
I won't get my hopes up. The master of all banks is the Federal Reserve. He who controls the money makes the rules... or in this case, the print machine. I wouldn't be surprised if this just mysteriously disappears, and the mass media pulls more distractions out of its ass to confuse everyone.

thats why we must
Cntrl C and Cntrl V

and seed this all over the net

and keep reminding people,
this is bankrupting whole comunities

xploder

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

As with Greece... Many are starting to sell public works to the same entities/ elitists responsible for the fraud. Mind you, it's all fictitious currency in the first place.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This is akin to saying "China owns the US".. it is a fallacy. Much how the US owns China, the people own the Federal Reserve. The trick is convincing the people this is true. To put this in terms everyone can understand: If you owe the bank a million dollars the bank owns you. If you owe the bank a billion dollars you own the bank. We as the "consumers" own a whole lot more than all the banks and if we decide we are done playing their game then they loose.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
avaaz.org has a petition going at the moment to help put the bankers behind bars www.avaaz.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

if they dont prosicute,
there will be many upset people

there is no way to sweep this under the rug

xploder

You're thinking too logically and too much within the system. That was a safe thing to assume until fairly recently, but what is to stop the White House from simply saying those records are all off limits too? The Federal Reserve will be at the center of almost anything that happened, and anything relating to it would be close enough by some of the logic used these days. Heck even Bush tried (and I believe succeeded for awhile) in blocking access to what had really been said and done with the Telecom companies right after 9/11.

This won't go far if the Feds and Fed itself say it doesn't go far....unless the states want to make this their 10th Amendment stand to fight. One is going to come soon they'll care about enough to fight, but I don't think this will be the magic one that brings it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
avaaz.org has a petition going at the moment to help put the bankers behind bars www.avaaz.org...

nice work ill sign that and ill
post it far and wide

star
xp
thank you kw

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This won't go far if the Feds and Fed itself say it doesn't go far....unless the states want to make this their 10th Amendment stand to fight. One is going to come soon they'll care about enough to fight, but I don't think this will be the magic one that brings it.

I was hoping it would be enough, but most people don't care unless it affects them. The thing is, it does affect them. Just not enough. A lot of people have been outed in the past several years, without any sort of consequences or justice. But people forget about it and move on.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I was hoping it would be enough, but most people don't care unless it affects them. The thing is, it does affect them. Just not enough. A lot of people have been outed in the past several years, without any sort of consequences or justice. But people forget about it and move on.

Typical...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by XPLodER

As with Greece... Many are starting to sell public works to the same entities/ elitists responsible for the fraud. Mind you, it's all fictitious currency in the first place.

Yes, it is those "public-private" enterprizes that will be one of the final nails in the coffin.
This is according to their plan.
Not only will they Own all the formerly Public Services, but they will own all the products provided.....the biggest of which will be the World's WATER!!!!

They will not stop with just the municipal water supply, they will be putting meters on Private Wells and charging the owner for the water he pumps out of the ground!!!

I haven't read anything about what they plan for your use of Their Lakes and Oceans.
They will own them too you know.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I've always wondered why we have white-collar prisons? Where in the Constitution does it say that if you're rich and come from a rich family, you can go to a nice hotel, er, I mean prison, where you're basically left alone to live your life in comfort and peace? Everyone else gets to have the luxury of being gang-raped by some mentally deranged thugs. I don't even know how this exists, really. Blows my mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Everything is ass backwards.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hmmn me wonders if a staged terrorist attack at the Olympics could sufficiently divert attention away from this? Hey everybody look at what the left hand is doing, look over here!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join