It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Big Brother Realy Watching?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I just don�t get all the paranoia regarding monitoring of our communications. It is just not possible! Do the math! On an average weekday, I send 10 to 12 e-mails and receive up to 50 in return. I make around 30 business calls and a handful of personal calls. I also send a few snail mails every day. That totals a hundred or so communications in a day. To research and analyze just my communications would probably take at least two people working full time and possibly more! So exactly, how is it that people believe their communications are being monitored? Do they believe that our government has somehow hired a half a billion people or so just to monitor our communications? Yeah sure! Where are all these people housed? Are they flown in from around the world daily and hidden in huge underground facilities in Utah?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The system they use is called Echelon and they do not try to read every peice of mail or listen to every phone call. It works like this, if you use certain keywords like k*ll, ass***nate, ter**r, murder and like words it sends an alert to the master system at which time your transmission will be recorded to be view by agents. if after reading your conversation they feel you are a threat, it will be persued in further detail and the person may be monitored in several ways. Do not assume that all these cameras that are being placed everywhere is just to monitor traffic. I believe that it was during the cold war years before the berlin wall was taken down, that ONE THIRD of the people were spies for the goverment and they too had recording devices and cameras hidden everywhere. with todays tecnology they will take it to the next level. Who ever said that just because your cellphone is closed that it is off and that it is not possible for others to still listen to you while the cover is closed ? Who said that just because your picturephone is closed they can not see what you are doing ? a little food for thought. LDP

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
They would have to have a reason to be suspicious and target you for monitoring. A great example would be that law enforcement agencies are not even capable of sharing information except in a very limited fashion. The computing power needed to monitor worldwide communications including phones, e-mail, newsgroups and let�s not forget snail mail, which is not electronic, would be enormous. I doubt there is a system even remotely capable of performing such a feat. It would probably take the combined computing power of all the worlds� governments and corporations and even then, I doubt it would be possible at this time. If it were possible who would pay for the millions of personal it would require to monitor and evaluate the messages and to maintain the systems?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Believe me they monitor!!!!

In my early twentys at a party i overheard (extremely innocentley) two young guys talking about a quite large drug deal they were planning in Manchester U.K,i thought it was a joke-just two little wanna be gansters trying to act tough-i didnt know them or had ever seen them before (or since) I went out to my car to get my cigarettes and my mobile rang,it was a freind asking if the party was any good? and was it worth going to? i said it was ok apart from the usual idiots being there and some make believe drug dealers planning the deal of the century-a harmless jokey comment!
2 hrs later on my way home (20k) away from the party id been to i was stopped by police-car and body search then questioned about a large coc aine deal that had gone down an hour earlier!!
I never spoke to the guys i heard talking,i never had any involvement with any drug dealers-no one heard the comment i made to my freind other than me-he was at home and didnt come to the party,he just went to bed-as far as i know no one else at the party was stopped or questioned by the police.
I still believe that an unmarked vehicle outside the house was monitoring mobile phone conversations going in and out,not me personally but just conversations in general,they had obviously had a tip off and were waiting to see what happened,heard my random flipant comment and took that as a little lead.
I was just sent on my way after some basic questions but there were definatley other people at the party whod had contact verbaly in the party with the 2 drug dealers who were not stopped or questioned,believe me........they monitor!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Within the last year, the Surpreme Court ruled that the FBI could no longer use ON-STAR on GM vehicles to listen in on conversations inside the car without first getting a warrant.

A drug arrest was the center of the controversy. The FBI had used ON-STAR to listen to conversations held between 2 people inside the car without getting a warrant. So how good is it to have something like ON-STAR on a vehicle? Not very if you value your privacy.

Many different ways to monitor you.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is how it works. They basically did it with Microsoft, now the Defense Dept and Justice Dept owns them and soon they will own the spyware makers and anti-spyware makers. * make sure you do your updates*

The Spy Act, or H.R. 2929
Bill imposes prison time over 'spyware'
news.yahoo.com.../nf/20041006/bs_nf/27393
money.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...

Introduce a bill for spyware makers (criminalize it) with stiff penalties. Spyware makers get popped and are brought to justice. The justice dept promises not to slap them with a fine and or a prison term if they work with them on a deferred judication plea. The spyware maker works with the justice dept to make a untraceable backdoor entry with spyware.(Government comes into your pc undetected by anti-spyware programs) They begin basically profiling you. What sites does the target visit, is he into anti-government stuff etc? Keystrokes are analyzed and a file begins to build on the user.
and or
The spyware maker is allowed to profile you for marketing purposes as long as the government can piggy back in onto your pc for monitoring of the citizen.

Numerology? (2+9)=11 (2+9)=11 (1111) also stands for (catch22)...very sacred number 11 amongst the occult crowd. They know what it means but you do not and if you do know about numerology your basically still left in the "skeptic relm" hogwash you say! still want to stay in the relm of fact(where one can be manipulated) Your reading into things like a paranoid some would like to say. Its real folks,,,we arent in Kansas anymore. The occult crowd in DC and abroad communicate with one another in this fashion.
HR2929

On catch 22: Its not ok for spyware makers at corporations to profile you but in the interest of National Security it is ok for the gov to monitor and profile you.

www.echelonwatch.org...
FBI Seeks Net Wiretapping Rights
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There are many changes to the names of these programs for security purpose.
Promis, Green Lantern, Echelon...their purpose remains the same(surveillance and file building on citizens) the names of the programs can change.

I know I know....Alex Jones is a whack job and is not a credible source(same ole denial thing)
Implantable microchips will make us all safer dont you know?.."its for the children" soon to be accepted by the masses as ok. After all it will make us safer.
infowars.com...
Microchips implanted in Mexican officials
Attorney general, prosecutors carry security pass under their skin
www.msnbc.msn.com...

But its for the safety of the people...but but but...if ya dont have anything to hide, whats the big deal? people exclaim.

Lawmakers consider 'smart' driver's licenses
WorldNetDaily | Oct 7 2004
Computer chip's signals allow data to be read from a distance
www.infowars.net...

We will all be safe......weeeeeeeeeee
Federal Effort to Create "Next Generation" Intelligent Transportation System Means GPS tracking and Toll Roads for Everyone
Technology and Funds to Drive "Smart Highways"
infowars.com...

HR10
HR 10 legislates the creation of a national ID database that will contain the name and personal information of every person in America. It also standardizes state drivers licenses to pave the way for a national ID card. Worse yet, it authorizes the Attorney General to force businesses to submit information about job applicants to the government for approval, and even to give the government fingerprints and other biometric information.
www.downsizedc.org...

A small poem to the ones who profess the "Deny Ignorance" motto. Not to rub ya the wrong way with a god-complex. Take it anyway ya want thats your decision.

THE DREAMERS---They are the
architects of greatness. Their vision
lies within their souls. They never see
the mirages of Fact, but peer beyond
the veils and mists of doubt and pierce
the walls of unborn Time.

Makers of empire, they have fought for
bigger things than crowns and higher
seats than thrones.

They are the Argonauts, the seekers of
the priceless fleece--The Truth.
Through all the ages they have heard
the voice of destiny call to them from
the unknown vasts.

Their brains have wrought all human
miracles. In lace of stone their spires
stab the Old World's skies and with
their golden crosses kiss the sun.

They are the chosen few�the blazers of
the way�.who never wear a doubt's
bandage on their eyes�who starve and
chill and hurt, but hold to courage and
to hope, because they know that there
is always proof of truth for them who
try--that only cowardice and lack of
faith can keep the seeker from his
chosen goal, but if his heart be strong
and if he dream enough and dream it
hard enough, he can attain, no matter
where men failed before.

Walls crumble and the empires fall.
The tidal wave sweeps from the sea and
tears a fortress from its rocks. The
rotting nations drop off Time's bough,
and only things the dreamers make live
on.

They are the Eternal Conquerors-
-their vassals are the years.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here's another example of big brother watching you...

All aircraft, military and otherwise, have transponders. These transponders relay to ground stations airspeed, location, altitude, heading, and type-of-aircraft information. That was at least 40 years ago (when the first F-15 came out in 1972 it was equipped).

There are many rumors that automakers will soon be required to equip all automobiles with new transponders that will relay speed and location information to onboard computers in police cruisers. If you are speeding, the transponder sends a signal to the cruiser telling it exactly where you are.

These computers were small back then, and by now, they could be the size of a small chip. The antenna doesn't have to be very big to transmit to an area the size of, say, Philadelphia. It wouldn't need its own power supply--power would be supplied directly from the alternator. Now, doesn't that just sound GREAT? The cruiser doesn't even have to catch you to issue you the citation--if the transponder transmits vehicle information, it's just a matter of matching vehicle to owner and the ticket is mailed directly to your house.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I worked for several years as part of a corporate security team for a large company and was responsible helping formulate company security policy and specifying / maintaining the corporate access control and cctv systems on a global basis. The aim was to protect corporate R&D and intellectual property and as such there was a lot of high tech equipment available, both overt and covert at my disposal. That was fine and most people understood the reasoning behind it.

However, with all the talk these days of having National biometric ID's, black boxes in cars, for insurance purposes allegedly, that track where we go, what routes and at what speeds and RFID tags in everything, I get the impression that it's all a bit over the top. I personally object to having my personal business open for anyone to see. What I do with my time, where I go and who I see is my business and nobody elses. I abide by the laws of the land and if someone thinks I am doing wrong then it is up to them to prove so. Why should we all be treated as untrustworthy which, in effect, is what all this monitoring suggests.

The old saying "who watches the watchers" applies here

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sport k,

They just passed a law that allows FBI and such to use onstar for monitoring w/o warrents. This is the same way they use cell phones to track and listen to people-yes they can remotly turn on cell phones and listen to what they can.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am familiar with On Star and similar devices. They are now in all rental cars (actually they have been in them for a couple of years). They relay your location and speed to the rental company. If you drive at ridiculous speeds or leave the area, they can turn of the engine and disable the ignition. All GM cars now have a data recorder in them, which is very much like the black boxes in planes. Its main use is by law enforcement and insurance companies should you have a wreck. I have no problem with these devices other than they should tell people they are there. It is my understanding that only the state of California requires the auto dealers to tell you that the device is in your vehicle. As I said, "all GM cars" have them. If your driving a new GM product, you have a data recorder (black box) attached. I'm sure an intelligent person could disable them if they bother you. As of yet there appears to be no laws preventing someone from removing these things. Many people consider these a desirable accessory.
Thanks for all the info about communications surveillance. You've all given me something to think about.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
All GM cars now have a data recorder in them, which is very much like the black boxes in planes. Its main use is by law enforcement and insurance companies should you have a wreck. I have no problem with these devices other than they should tell people they are there.

Actually all new Volvos have them as well however there is a small note in the back of the handbook (if you bother to read it) that tells you that it exists.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I believe I heard in a Motor Trend or somewhere that the "black box" is actually in the Airbag Monitoring System. The system monitors and records all car functions (speed, heading, steering wheel position, even seat position in autos with power seats) for 10 second intervals. This data can be retrieved after a crash for fault-determining purposes.

I'm sure it IS possible to disable the computer, but the drawback is that at the very least it voids the airbag warranty. Quite possibly, they could not even work.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
it is very real like the the perosn said if you put in sertain words they read it try it seding 1 email saying bush ass****n then another email saying the park at 5 oclock .they will be the other way round try it it works.

top topics

join