It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do 53% of your Tax dollars go? One Video EVERYONE should see. Share this!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This video is very informative and very good to share with those who do not understand where most of their tax dollars are going. A very very good video. I will be sharing this. Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

That would only be for the 53% of us that actually

pay taxes.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

You do not "pay" taxes... They are stolen from you... You can not pay a theft now can you? If you had a choice about it then why on earth would you pay?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I lost over $200,000 on a bad real estate investment that I knew better than to go through with but I would rather take that risk then pay our government $50,000 in capital gain tax that would be spent on a missle. I can't stop them from stealing taxes from my check but I was able to avoid giving them a huge chunk...

I still have no regrets.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Sounds like a robert kiyosaki (rich dad poor dad) real estate deal gone wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Imagine how much better America could be if it didn't engage in these wars. Imagine the amount of benefits the average American would gain. I wonder if it was clearly spelled out the population say in the form of a tax refund check of how much would be saved, would they still want to pay it? The countries being invaded clearly want the troops home, the rest of the world wants the troops home, and a growing number of Americans themselves do too.

These wars are not about saving people. If they are then they're going the wrong way about it. Ending world poverty would only require about 5.1% of the current US federal budget, a mere fraction of the 53% being spent on war.

edit on 11-7-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Good video -- it even touches on the interest payments for our past wars. I suppose this video is mind-blowing enough to some of the people who will view it, so the rabbit hole in this video was rather shallow. Good "intro to US budget" video though.

Technically 100% of income tax dollars are deposited into the Federal Reserve, which is more like paying a credit card bill than depositing into a checking account, so the US government borrows money from the Federal Reserve to pay for its budget. Thus 53% of this year's "loans" will be spent on military-related activities, not 53% of our "taxes."

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
shameless bump

s nd f

xploder

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow.

Sometimes you need a 3 minute, simple view into how obvious the lies are from the war machine.

40 terrorists plot foiled since 9.11.2001 to 9.11.2011

$1,600,000,000,000 / 40 = $400,000,000,000 per

109,032 deaths including 66,081 civilian deaths in Iraq alone - wikileaks

6280 soldiers lost to the war on terror.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

you didn't lose $200,000, someone else earned $200,000.

you were just out businessed.

next time, control all of the situation, or walk away.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
imagine how many wind and solar farms 53% could build?

this spending is crazy

xploder

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Absolutely sickening!

Let's find another emotion we can launch an unending war on

How bout the war on malaise
the war on intrigue
war on unsatisfied
war on itchy

I feel even worse for the people who actually think any of this crap has to do with "freedom"
edit on 11-7-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The problem is that we are duped into thinking that we aren't paying for it.
Too busy caring about sports stats or news propaganda as if that's even relevant!
The American people don't realize what they are funding!
Listen to the comments on the video
Next time you hear the local Post office is shutting down or unemployment benefits run out...
Next time you hear medicare is broke and teachers can't get paid...

Think about the 53% that you willingly give to the coffers.

We willingly do it because we can't say no.
The flouride has effectively turned everyone complacent!
(I don't know what else it could be at this point so I'm saying it's in the water!)
We won't shut off the tap that fuels their pockets!
All we have to do is shut this country down.
It will take a unified nation, set on one goal!
WE run the things for THEM to flourish on!
Why can't WE stop them?
Piece by piece, tax by tax, job by job.
WE, the people, must stop giving in to these creatins!
Stop feeding the machine!

(I know it's easier said than done)
But will we ever do it? Again?
Because it's been done before...

[/rant]

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I'd share, but after the last 4 or 5 things I posted got not likes or comments, I quit trying to influence or educate those buffoons. (I have only a few ten friends, if that gives a proper perspective.)

Just giving a heads up that aside from those of us who already care, trying to proselytize people these days is almost impossible unless you promise them delusions or lies, such as golden roads when they die.

You try to convince people that things are worse, and you are 'negative' and interrupting their 'American dream' that includes, nowadays, a trailer in a trailer park if you both work two minimum wage jobs. One day, baby, we'll have that picket fence! You know why they call it a dream, now.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

i think everyone should see these numbers,
especially the tea party

bump

xploder

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I find it amusing that all of you are shocked and stunned by these numbers. It should be common knowledge for anyone on ATS... actually it should be common knowledge for any United States citizen. Unfortunately it is not.

And now if you want to put budget cuts into perspective see these videos:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I really hope this thread picks up steam. These facts alone should have people on the streets with pitchforks.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Do u mind of I put a link to this thread in my signature?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

1/2 americans is under the poverty level or poor. So....... Should they be paying a federal income tax? On top of their consumtion tax of their state? (sales tax)

That line leaves out a large chunk of truth the top 2% owns 75% of the wealth in america, they should be funding 75% of the country in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Precisely correct. Let us all not forget that it is a lie to say that half of the country doesn't pay taxes. That is only looking narrowly at one type of tax. Even just by including sales tax that number shrinks to next to nothing. It is a lie perpetuated by the rich to turn the middle class against itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join