It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures From Masonic Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I have to say I despise the KJV but that's the only flavor this one came in.

I prefer literal or interlineal translations.

The point is, though, that KJV is not necessarily the VSL for all of Masonry. But the belief in a Supreme Being is.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I concur, sir.

The Bible is inspired by the Creator and written by man, then handed down from generations before the versions we see before us now. Certainly there are things we are missing, but the crux of the matter is faith in the Creator and finding your way to him.

Or so I believe. I'm no fan of organized religion since it tries to dictate the exact terms of a man's relationship with his Creator which is profane to me... how dare a stranger tell me how I should believe when he has never walked a step in my shoes or knows me on any level?

The Bible, or holy books, attempt to lead a man to a greater relationship with his Creator while enlightening him at the same time.

Once again, just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The responses tend to prove the point I made in the OP.

I tried to post evidence that Masons believe in charity, service to others, obedience to law and a love for God.

Instead of clearing up some incorrect stereotypes it has instead turned this thread into a pointless exercise in mental masturbation.

The point is this.. I am a 32nd Degree Mason, Knight Templar and Past Master of a lodge. I offer solid photographic evidence of Masonic beliefs and yet we are still being accused of terrible things.

This whole argument is a paradox. It seems the only way to know about Freemasonry is to join Freemasonry; or to believe what Freemasons say; or to judge US by OUR actions and stop projecting your own flaws and mistakes of others on us.

Like I said many times, I don't give a rat's ass if people believe me or not. However, I do care about countering slanderous claims by misinformed folks with a grudge.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Very well said. Religion and tyrants create slaves. It's my belief that by following moral precepts and balancing that with personal revelation we are freed from those institutions.

This is one thing that Freemasonry encourages.. for a man to think (and experience) for himself the joy of loving others.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Indeed.

But the status quo (organized religion, statist governments) fear 'free thinkers'. We are labeled radicals, nutjobs, extremists... when all we really desire is the freedom to question without fear of reprisal and to seek liberty, happiness, and spiritual fulfillment in a way that concurs with our moral standards and intellectual curiosity.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finishthis
So you don't believe in "god" but the idea of a one creator?
You don't get it.

When W3RLIED2 says "There is no Masonic God" he means exactly that—Masonry, as an institution, is not there to tell you what your own personal relationship to God is. That's between you and God, or you and your church, if you happen to be a member of an organized religion. If you DO happen to be a member of an organized religion, Masonry encourages you to be active in your church, but nothing in Masonry is going to look at how you relate to God and say "you're doing it wrong."

The point is, none of us can know for sure who's right until we're dead, so there's no point squabbling about it while we're alive. If a Christian believes in God as the creator of the universe, and a Muslim believes in God as the creator of the universe, and they both have reverence for their creator, then can't they work together for the good of their community, setting aside their differences?

As in does the Foundation for the Mason's allow free-religion; Or just so as long as the religion has one "god"?
Conceivably, even more than one god, so long as one is "supreme". I would think some pantheistic systems would be acceptable where there was an "all-father" or equivalent. (Think Zeus, Odin, etc…)

I guess I'm confused as to what you'd tell a buddhist if he wanted to be a Mason
Do you believe in a supreme being? If yes, welcome! If no, maybe Masonry isn't for you. (And I know quite a few Buddhist Masons who've found an answer that they're comfortable with in regards to that question. Nobody's going to drill you on it, but you have to be honest to yourself…)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Taes of Mithra ride again....You guys shoud know by now that the ROMAN GOD MITHRA is the template for Jesus of Nazareth.....much the same story even.....but it gets deeper because there are stories even older which reference eeirily same episodes...virgin birth etc etc etc....
Its all a ploy to get people to follow the Caesars....Rome is the Catholic Church....just transformed...for a new age...
Mithra was romes god, so why not have a simiar god to go to for all romans it was an easy switch.....at first...then the Catholic church reigned supreme for centuries....just like rome did...
ptah....all heebie jeebie BS to scare the whitless....everyone KNOWS the difference between right and wrong...its that simple...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Perhaps, but Buddha wasn't.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A totally naive question to the masons here.

From what I have been led to believe of the Mason society... as you progress through the various levels, is it true that you are supposed to be taught "secret knowledge"?

If this is true, is it practical or spiritual? If it is practical, do you (can you) apply it to daily life?

From what I have read here, it just sounds like another religion, and I don't really see the gain of sticking with it unless it has something serious to offer. I understand that if you are given such knowledge, that it probably must remain a secret, so I don't expect you to divulge it.

But as an observation... if... IF you receive knowledge that can help mankind, wouldn't it be against what you believe (in reference to the articles presented by the OP) to keep that knowledge secret?

Finally, if no knowledge is passed at all, then is it just a boys club with a philosophy?

Finally finally, if you are given knowledge (without specifying it) is it largely useless and mainly just ritual without understanding?

I'm pretty sure you aren't all bad guys... but I don't understand the need for secrecy. Secrets to me seem to undermine the philosophy.

I hope one of you/all of you can share your thoughts with me as I really want to understand the above.

Many thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by saladfingers123456

We are taught to be better men and to live better lives through allegory and symbolism. The lessons include trust, brotherly love, friendship, charity, and many other life virtues that we all kind of know off the start, but usually can use a refresher course at times. It sounds corny and to anyone who was not looking to better themselves, I am sure it is. The knowledge will most certainly benefit all of mankind and if everyone could learn these lessons and learn how to APPLY them, the world would be a much, much better place.

We try not to talk junk about anyone, we try to treat anyone with the same respect we would like to have both in life and in business. We try to always remember our promise to try to improve ourselves at any opportunity. God is involved, but it's not a church. The big hang up the over the top religious people have with us is that we don't preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, or any other religious leader. We are made up of men of all faiths and backgrounds, and it's our belief that nobody knows which religion is right, so there is no sense in fighting over it here. We will all find out if just loving God was enough when we die.

That's it in a nutshel, I didn't leave out any deep dark secrets though I didn't tell you our passwords or explain our "secret handshake".

Thanks for asking an honest question.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Thanks for a straight answer.

But if that is true (and I'm not baiting here) why is it a secret society? What is so precious that it needs to be secret? Did I miss something? Most of the things you wrote are generally common sense as a decent human being.

One last question (I'm picking your brains tonight!
). What do you make of the supposed Illuminati? They are claimed to have strong links to Masonic beliefs, but yet the percieved MO of them sounds nothing like what you believe. I do appreciate that IF such an organisation such as the Illuminates were true, they'd be another tier of secrecy... I just don't understand how it can be so different.

In fact, I imagine you must have a very strong dislike for them, as it is that connection alone that casts doubt and suspicion over all of your beliefs and the people within the various orders around the world. You must discuss this with other members, surely?

I assume that you and other Masons in here don't want to send the whole world into slavery, or wipe them out.

Anyay, thanks for the candor, and I hope I'm not asking too many difficult questions.

Cheers
edit on 12-7-2012 by saladfingers123456 because: s for a c

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by saladfingers123456

I always thought it humorous when Masons are accused of being the Illuminati.

Its true, the original Bavarian illuminati did have a cross membership with Freemasons of the time and in that locale. But the original Illuminati had no plans for world domination, only to set people free from religious tyranny. Ultimately they failed, i would say.

The modern illuminati is a hot phrase tagged to any idea, or symbol that may have the slightest possibility of being esoteric or masonic. Most dominantly, the all seeing eye, a symbol that was around long before freemasonry and the illuminati, yet somehow people only equate it to 'them'. Originally it was a symbol for the Divine, the glory of God, and his all watching all knowing Eye.

The illuminati, IMO, is like a big joke. Maybe there really is a group of people trying to guide the world in a particular direction thriugh shadowy means, but it certainly isn't stemming from Masonic lodges. Freemasonry espouses itself to liberty, free thought, and the right to be happy ( sound familiar?) in your life.

You could consider me an anti-illuminati, and anti-NWO Freemason.
edit on 12-7-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I would just like to add that God was an alien. He was the captain of the ship
that happened to fly by Earth and they humped us!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by saladfingers123456

Thanks for a straight answer.

But if that is true (and I'm not baiting here) why is it a secret society? What is so precious that it needs to be secret? Did I miss something? Most of the things you wrote are generally common sense as a decent human being.

We like to say that we are a society with secrets, not a secret society. There are many esoteric secrets that exist and can be found in many circles, and they can be found without a basis in masonry, but people who search for them are usually already well versed in the subject matter.

One last question (I'm picking your brains tonight!
). What do you make of the supposed Illuminati? They are claimed to have strong links to Masonic beliefs, but yet the percieved MO of them sounds nothing like what you believe. I do appreciate that IF such an organisation such as the Illuminates were true, they'd be another tier of secrecy... I just don't understand how it can be so different.

In fact, I imagine you must have a very strong dislike for them, as it is that connection alone that casts doubt and suspicion over all of your beliefs and the people within the various orders around the world. You must discuss this with other members, surely?

I assume that you and other Masons in here don't want to send the whole world into slavery, or wipe them out.

Anyay, thanks for the candor, and I hope I'm not asking too many difficult questions.

Cheers
edit on 12-7-2012 by saladfingers123456 because: s for a c

In my learning of the true Bavarian Illuminati, I am a big fan. I agree with the precept of letting man explore his boundaries and deciding where his faith lies by questioning everything until he decides what HE believe sis true.
This is a very scary subject for the CHURCH to entertain as it might make a person realize they don't need the influence of the "CHURCH" to make their spiritual bond.

While masonry follows those same ideals, they don't force any of them on it's members. If a mason is religious, he can be so without ridicule of the membership, just as a member who is not religious has the same freedom from tyranny.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I want to clarify my above post a little bit further, too.

If the principles of the Bavarian Illuminati were still followed today i would seek membership immediately without hesitation.

However, from my own extensive research into the topic, even as far as asking some long time Freemasons, the Illuminati is a myth today. Its been corrupted to the extent that the Illuminati is now an all encompasing umbrella label for the NWO agenda, something I am not a fan of.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Freemasonry is evil! Freemasons worship Satan! We must destroy this cult before it destroys us!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
All of them are having one and single secret to keep away from us the human race. That's why they contaminate everything around us. Food,water oxygen, and everything that is all around us. i will search the video filmed illegally in one of the illuminati biggest meeting. They where there from around the world. The illuminati with their own mouth said that they are doing all this stuff on us. And some of us are still fighting the fear. You don't need to fight with them. you need just to know the truth and expend it all over the internet and to corrupt the mass media (who are with them even all the presidents on the palnet ).

And The Secret To Stop Fighting The Fear Is That WE ARE ALL THE SAME!!! That's why they are afraid of us and they are trying to keep us away just to make us to belive that they are more powerful than us.
People should not be afraid of their Government.
Government should be afraid of their People!
WE ARE EQUAL!!!

One video that one of them is against them >

www.youtube.com...
Number 2 LOOK CLOSELY THE WRITING IN SMALL AND THE VOICE IS

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-7-2012 by Anon666 because: (no reason given)

Number 3 read it ALL
www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-7-2012 by Anon666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanziegrenadier
Freemasons worship Satan!

I admire your strident belief in Satan (whom I do not believe in). He must be so happy with your constant promotion of his name.

edit on 13-7-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier
Freemasonry is evil! Freemasons worship Satan! We must destroy this cult before it destroys us!

This kid should be getting paid for comic relief.
He is nothing, if not consistent.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier

And where may I ask do we do that ? Where in our ritual is there mention of Satan (and please do not pull that tired "lucifer" quote from Morals and Dogma) .

And by saying destroy us , is that another one of your "christian" threats of violence like when you stated we and our families should have rocket propelled grenades fired at us ?

Only curious as you are the type of "christian" that gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join