It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tortured dog found with grotesquely swollen tongue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Tortured dog found with grotesquely swollen tongue after having ELECTRICAL TAPE wrapped around its snout
After the news about the cat buried in concrete,and the dog baked because of careless owner all I have to say is WTF people?What kind of person does this deliberate act of cruelty?These kind of news make my blood boil.
The dog was found with impossibly swollen thong,the pictures are painful to watch,that poor soul,the look in her eyes.I swear if I ever go to prison it would be for inflicting grievous bodily harm to the psychopathic scum that is responsible for acts like these.
edit on 11-7-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

So many stories of animal abuse, it is sickening. I can't look at the pics (I'll wish I hadn't), so can you tell me if the dog survived?

The psychopath who did this will get their payback one day.

Be a cruel bastard in this life - be the victim of a cruel bastard in the next.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Five minutes alone with the individual that did this, all I am asking for........

On a side note animal torture is fairly common with serial killers. It's a stepping stone to killing and torturing human beings.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

The doggy who the vets named Hope was alive when found,but she might not survive if she doesn't begin to eat and drink on her own.There is 1000$ offered as reward for anyone with information.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Reply to post by adnachiel21

I always hate it when my thongs swell up, that does make things "impossible"... Haha

But on a serious note, yes this is sad and disgusting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Who could do that to such a beautiful dog? and so adorable.

Poor thing. that's just horrible.

There is just no words. I'm in awe right now.

The pain in her eyes just makes you want to break down and cry for her.

We need a dog forum.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I remember when a woman in my town purposely allowed her dog to starve of water and food chained up in her back yard. You know she had to have heard that animal crying at some point. These are the same people who are abusive to humans sooner or later. Their spouse, their kids... Does anyone else think it seems like this madness is spreading in the past decade? Or am I just more aware of it?
edit on 7/11/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I said it last night in a similar thread.. And I will say it again.. PEOPLE SUCK!..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Any updates on this? I really want to hear good news for this dog.

Edit: I found this on one article.
"Hope is doing excellent," Rhonda Sears, a veterinary technician at the hospital, told Houston's KHOU-TV. "She just doesn't have a mean bone in her body—the swelling is going down in her muzzle, and there is no doubt in my mind that she'll survive."

"She knows how to sit when you tell her to sit," Sears added. "She's known love. She knows how to be loved."

And then I found a new article from October.
blogs.star-telegram.com...
If this is a new picture, then she is looking much much better, YAY! Now I feel better.

edit on 17-10-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Found a great link with updated story and pictures. Nice to see good news.

www.dfw.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I dared not look at the photographs in your opening post. I read on and discovered that Hope had survived. I like happy endings I just wish that there were no more of these stories. I am glad Hope has rallied to the love and care shown to her and that she is now in a home where she is cared for properly. Sometimes humans are vile and repugnant and animals are so forgiving and so resilient to our horrors.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Just put him alone in a locked cell with a couple pitbull on rabies... Let nature get even... Is it really down to this where we have so much boredom in our life or start to feel the need to torture something else to alleviate the stress we feel or something???

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Abusing children, Abusing the elderly and abusing Animals....

Don't let me catch the abusers alone in a dark alley!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow. It's shocking how so many people can find connections with animals of all types, yet some individuals see them as some sort of target for them to take out their own issues on.

i'm no PETA wacko, but I honestly feel more anger over people vs. animal violence rather than people vs. people violence, buy a huge margin. I wonder if others feel the same.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is a topic thats near and dear to my heart. My whole family are dog people. Growing up the better part of my childhood my family had four dogs two of which were rescues from abuse and abandonment.

Our first rescue was a rascal named sam. Sam was found in the middle of Crescent Heights and Sunset blvd at 6AM. My family lived close to that intersection at the time. My dad went out for a early morning walk and witnessed sam get run over while wandering terrified and confused in the middle of the street. The driver of the car pulled over briefly. My dad ran up to check on the dog, who was dragged 100 feet underneath the car after getting run over and suffering 3rd degree burns on the face and fore legs by the exhaust manifold and muffler. The driver got out, simply said sorry about your dog, and got back in the car and drove off.

My dad took sam, a greyhound/catahoula hound mix, to the vet and we got him patched up as best as possible. He ended up with a cast on his front right leg and deep black scars on his muzzle and front legs. But sam ended up living a great life for 17 years with my family. And nobody minded his scars. His personality was endearing enough. Although it was a problem when he'd beg for food at the table during dinner parties by putting his head on your lap and either burping or farting loudly.

Our other rescue from a bad situation was a dobormen, black terrier mix. We named her lizzy. Also known as Dizzy Lizzy to her family. One christmas morning (actually two days after christmas) back in the late 80's in studio city, los angeles my dad and I were taking out the trash. As we dumped the trash we heard a whimpering. We stopped and listened some more to make sure and tracked the whimpering coming from across the street. We found a 2 month old puppy in a trash bag buried in the neighbors trash. Some scumbag had driven up and dumped a live puppy in a trash bag into the trash. This was a very cold winter for Los angeles that year and the temperature that night and early morning was probably no more than 45 degrees maybe upper forties. This puppy had been in there all night literally freezing. She was ice cold and stiff when we pulled her out of that trash bag. We took her inside and tried to feed her and give her water. She wasn't really into eating at the time so we wrapped her emaciated dehydrated body up in a hand towel. Placed her i a bread basket, She was that small< and put her onto the bricks in front of the fireplace hearth and hoped for the best. We honestly didn't expect her to live through the night. Thankfully she lived and we nursed her back to health. She ended up living a great life till she was 15. Sadly the initial starvation, abuse and cld had taken it toll and lizzy was always a bit loopy as an adult but in a endearing way.

It sickens me to see cases such as this poor abused dog in the article. When I read the thread title on the main board my blood instantly boiled. Animal abuse and child molesters are a real sore spot for me and it invokes all sorts of rage in me. So I'll bow out from gong into a rant and spare all of the ATS community. But know that if in some way I could ever come across this guy who did this to this poor dog in a dark alley with no witnesses around I'd probably be going to confession for the rest of my life to make up for what I'd likely do.

PS. On the bright side the dg got rescued. Is going to live. And will probably find a wonderful home where he'll live a happier and hopefully long loving life.

I hope the police are going to stick to their word where they were quoted saying that they will pull out all the stops to find who ever did this to this poor dog.
edit on 17-10-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Im curious. Are you going to post every story of animal abuse you find on the internet?

Seems like you are pulling stories from the bottom of the barrel here...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Oh thank goodness. I was terrified to look at the pics and just couldn't bear it. I think I finally took a breath when I read your post of the good news. Thank you!!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thanks Phoenix! Very relieved to see those links you posted. Glad she's doing much better.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Your welcome guys.

new topics

top topics

join