It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If "Love Conquers all", and "survival of fittest" is not true, why is it that more violent and c

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Why is it that their "faith" did not pull them through? They used to go to war and then whoever won, their god was considered the "REAL" God and the God got replaced. You would think that if Love conquers all, only the peaceful religions would be surviving and all of the violent ones would have gotten wiped out by now.

Why isn't peaceful Buddhism more popular? The religion that teaches peace of mind and compassion to remove bad karma and help all being asend to nirvana? Or, the religion that teaches the flow and how all beings are equally a part of it. Instead, the most popular religions are the most scary ones, where you have to worship a god or suffer the wrath of such a being.

If Love conquers all, why are Fear-Based belief systems still in such popularity when there were more peaceful ones?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ever heard of the Boxer Rebellion? Everything is more complicated than you think it to be.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

because some people thrive on conflict (its distracting and easier than coming to terms with ones self and people dont want to understand themselves out of the fear that what they may find is disappointing.... which is ridiculous because it would only disappointing if you are too fearful to find out)
edit on 10-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
to paraphrase a religious verse to answer.

Wide is the path to destruction, narrow is the path to salvation.

Its easy to destroy and harm, than to work to better the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
reply to post by arpgme

Ever heard of the Boxer Rebellion? Everything is more complicated than you think it to be.

From what I've just read, this is about Boxers fighting against Christian Missionaries? It seems like the stronger force will win - whether the Boxers were strong, or the Christians had a lot of people to beat up the Boxers and convert them.

But, notice how, if there was a pacifist religion, a non-violence religion, it wouldn't have spread like Traditional Chinese religions or Christianity.

quote]Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by arpgme

because some people thrive on conflict (its distracting and easier than coming to terms with ones self and people dont want to understand themselves out of the fear that what they may find is disappointing.... which is ridiculous because it would only disappointing if you are too fearful to find out)
edit on 10-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

But they say that Love is the strongest force, but in this case Fear seems to be stronger.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

not stronger by any means just more base
to understand love first you have to understand fear

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Why is it that their "faith" did not pull them through? They used to go to war and then whoever won, their god was considered the "REAL" God and the God got replaced. You would think that if Love conquers all, only the peaceful religions would be surviving and all of the violent ones would have gotten wiped out by now.

Why isn't peaceful Buddhism more popular? The religion that teaches peace of mind and compassion to remove bad karma and help all being asend to nirvana? Or, the religion that teaches the flow and how all beings are equally a part of it. Instead, the most popular religions are the most scary ones, where you have to worship a god or suffer the wrath of such a being.

If Love conquers all, why are Fear-Based belief systems still in such popularity when there were more peaceful ones?

Replacing of god or whatever isn't the issue it could be said, which has happened throughout history. It is looking at the truth, wisdom of each prophet from whatever religion or whatever you want to call it.

The wise will discern the message from each messenger.

In "our western society", we have so much going against what Buddhism, or whatever religion, teaches. If you want "more", and are told and conditioned that you want "more", you'll never have "less" which is really what is closer to the truth. And obviously closer to "you".

Nirvana though is probably more accurately said to be a decent, if you know what it really is.

ATS at one point had a much different environment than it does now, why is that? ATS is now advertising on Facebook or whatever right?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Because its all a test, and its not easy to be the fish going against the current but the whole of wonderful upgrades is at stake. Its always a frequency match, the next step, progression and even regressions take place.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Peaceful religion? That's almost an oxymoron if the religion is a theism (belief system in God)

Why? Cause most major religions propose a voice of God talking with people and telling them what to do. In such instances, love doesn't conquer all.

As for "Love Conquers All" wouldnt it mean if you apply love it will conquer all? You cant just passively await love to conquer all. And, it would make sense it needs to be enough active love vested. Not just site there and say oh, love will take care of everything in the world. Thats impossible when we have even nuts like former Pres GW Bush claiming to have had conversations with "God".

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Because the author of the statement defines love as eternal truth. So hatred, winning a war, violence and worldly(temporal) victory and reward are not eternal. Love conquers all by it's nature. It is victory and eternal. It is real. Whereas other temporal victory is illusory.

Love may not appear to be winning in the context of illusion. But that is the illusion which keeps people failing. If you align yourself with and identify with temporal illusion you cannot declare victory over it. By doubting that Love is in fact eternal Truth, you are expressing belief in the temporal delusion of non-reality(good vs bad, hate, evil, war, conflict, domination, greed, self-gratification).

People who know the Truth of the eternal nature of Love are completely submitted to it. They are non-violent, totally giving, full of peace and love. Naturally. They are Love. Undefeated and eternal.

Just my interpretation. I am not claiming eternal victory over those who think war, violence and evil are ruling/winning reality.

edit on 11-7-2012 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Service to self is the way of the world. It is the way of the world that we are all subject to. The only world we know. We don't know another way. All we know is earth and earth is this way. We can imagine another way, but we have never seen it. So, what makes people so sure that service to self isn't the way forward? If this is all we've ever known, what makes serving others so practical, and if serving others was more than a pipe dream, how come that's not the way of the world? Survival of the fittest is the way of the world. Isn't it blasphemy to go against that?

edit on 11-7-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Because the souls that come here is not evolved enought (or strong enought) to take in the core message of nonduality and reject the conditioning from society to have an ego. From my point of view Jesus and Buddha and Hinduism have the same core, nonduality with god and everything else. It is the people who read their religon that cannot accept it as thruth that have the problem not the message from god.

God is the thruth behind everything that the religous scriptures can make you find. The belief that one faith is more right than another is manmade and worship is not from my point needed. It is enough to be rightous and emphatic to become more one with god.

Matthew 25:31-46 (New International Version)
The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. ”

Some christians are often caught up in duality that if you do not have the same faith as them the you will go to hell. If I help any soul by the above scripture then I am helping both that soul, Jesus and Buddha and god. At a certain point in spirital evolution the destinction between the different souls will not be notacible. I myself have a problem with these thoughts but that do not make them untrue.
edit on 11-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I wouldn't SAY LOVE conquers ALL arpgme in this aspect. This WORLD is UNDER the RULER SHIP of a certain ANGEL as they are known as on EA*RTH. This ANGEL as we shall call it has govern ship OVER this herd for a TIMED PERIOD. So its ways and behaviors are mimicked on EA*RTH by various influences/ADVOCATES. POLITICS ARE one of the MAIN influences OVER RELIGION and since this is the case POLITICS SEEMS TO COME FIRST AND THEN RELIGION. Keeping this in mind you get the feel as to WHY the more peaceful religions like the one you mentioned ARE NOT in control. For they encourage PEACE AS DO OTHER RELIGIONS THAT HAVE BEEN HIJACKED BY POLITICS, POLITICS DOES NOT usually encourage peace. Politics usually encourage influence from some/ADVOCATES OF THIS ANGEL who are FINANCIALLY in POWER WHO MAY HAVE AGENDA and who are not concerned with PEACE for ALL OF THE EA*RTH HERD but maybe peace in an essence that as long as their families and relations to their bloods are ok then that is PEACE to them NO MATTER IF THE REST OF THE WORLD GOES TO HELL.....

Why isn't peaceful Buddhism more popular? The religion that teaches peace of mind and compassion to remove bad karma and help all being asend to nirvana? Or, the religion that teaches the flow and how all beings are equally a part of it.

Because arpgme, these ways of PEACE living existing cause CONFLICT with those who wish to CONTROL the herd. And these ADVOCATES know to keep the herd in control there must be some form of chaos injected into the herds lifestyles presented to prevent the herd from growing AS 1. This in turn prevents many from achieving the nirvana experience because they are caught up in a delusional outlook on life that they are not 1 and that this religion is better then that religion and that their GOD is better then their GOD. This keeps CONFLICT within the herd so the herd is held back or restrained with IGNORANCE. In short arpgme these ways to help keep the herd of EA*RTH developing properly in SPIRIT are intentionally set up to keep the herd hating each other. So its not as if the positive religious worship cannot be achieved BUT ITS BEING INTENTIONALLY MANIPULATED TO KEEP THE HERD AT EACH OTHERS THROATS LITERALLY, SMH...

The HOPE is that one day this herd WILL be able to progress but WHAT WILL IT TAKE??? MAYBE THE LOVE OF THE LIGHT TO COME AND SILENCE THESE ADVOCATES AND THEIR WAYS AS WELL AS THE CAPTURE OF THE ANGEL (WITH SPECIFIC CHAINS OF COURSE)
that RULES them DIRECT.

Funny thing is even if non sense or know of this ANGEL or its ADVOCATES OTHERS DO and it KNOWS the OTHERS are coming for it, so it may set everything in ablaze here since its mad at potentially losing its kingdom of DARK to the LIGHT* Remember LOVE has a sword just as destructive if not even more destructive then what's known so keep HOPE arpgme..

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You should check out the Falun Gong movement. The Chinese government was so scared of them they killed the 'leader'(teacher) and hunted all those who followed his teachings. He promoted compassion. Love IS powerful, more than any of us can imagine. Violence leads to fear and anger. Peace leads to love and compassion which is 1000x times more powerful than fear. (I'm talking about the energy of fear and love)

Peace & LOVE

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Service to self is the way of the world. It is the way of the world that we are all subject to. The only world we know. We don't know another way. All we know is earth and earth is this way. We can imagine another way, but we have never seen it. So, what makes people so sure that service to self isn't the way forward? If this is all we've ever known, what makes serving others so practical, and if serving others was more than a pipe dream, how come that's not the way of the world? Survival of the fittest is the way of the world. Isn't it blasphemy to go against that?

edit on 11-7-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Are you sure you can speak for everyone? Have you confirmed with every living being, past and present, that your experience is the same as theirs?

In Reality there is no need to go forward. Or backward. Or to remain still. Eternal truth is not bound by space or time. There is no survival in delusion. All human bodies die. Fighting to survive is a death wish. Those who identify their self with Truth know themselves to already be eternal.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I would guess that it is human nature.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

why would the creator allow this to happen for so long? How long until people can have FREEDOM (FREE-WILL) and accept that everyone have Free-WILL instead of trying to Control other people and hurt them?

Right now, there are places without money, and everyone survive and get along. When will we have that FREEDOM? I hope things are better soon.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Very indepth answer, and about the size of it, but for this one angel, who I believe is a team of mid management level negatives, and one day they will also need to account, hopefully choose to heal up and learn what they've done to others in the most positive hands rather than the negative, they have to stop being so controlling and negative. From what I can gather this was something they made some errors in, being inserted into predatory forms and hoping they could overcome them, I dont think body suits lacking in emotion and love, with domination, control and murderous abilities are easy to overcome. That which is influencing the wrong side in the cosmos is ancient and regressed shadow, and that needs to be healed. I cannot believe that pain and error and insantiy is allowed to continue for any length of time.

I take it the group that is here, has to do with the north pole, and the northern stars?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

why would the creator allow this to happen for so long? How long until people can have FREEDOM (FREE-WILL) and accept that everyone have Free-WILL instead of trying to Control other people and hurt them?

Right now, there are places without money, and everyone survive and get along. When will we have that FREEDOM? I hope things are better soon.

Herein is the question that even in a system of progression bothers me alot. From the thing that can be gathered it has to do with Freedom, for first of all we are free, and that while Team Spirit occurs, and We Lend A Helping Hand, its still something that must be instrinically within the choice and scope of the spirit/soul, who does not wish to be a puppet or doll, made to be good, but wishes to gradually, or quickly, however long it takes, do what it takes on its own, (with Family backing them but not controlling them), and consequently, the process is a Long One.

it can take a kazillion years for a thought or ray to match the mind it left and return home.

However, in the No Time perspective that kazillion years was "back in a second" and they were back in that proverbial second, for everyone's perception of time is different. If you programmed a bot to experience your day in 15 mintues, you would disappear form his sight/sensors, and to you, he would be standing still.

new topics

top topics

join