It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
Hey guys, you have GOT to see sheepslayer247's avatar. Funniest thing i've seen yet... You gotta track down a post of his and look!

yeah, the hitler playing the banjo avi

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

just remember, it takes both wings for that eagle to fly!

And that, my friend, is the secret of life.

J
edit on 8/11/2012 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

I love watching your new avy....that slow, demure, ever so Lady-like wink.....

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by LadyJae

I love watching your new avy....that slow, demure, ever so Lady-like wink.....

Des

LOL..thank you, Des
Before Agarta tweaked her, she winked so quickly it was as if she had something in her eye.

J

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Good Morning all....
As always, fun to catch up on this thread....some great new avi's and Lady that little "wink" is great ! Still wanna see a long-haired alien playing a fender.....lol....but that is a project on the "back burner" I think.......things slow cooked always taste better......

Hey, I have been reading this thread this morning and it really touched my heart.....basically a young family that found out thier Dad is very ill...and is trying to figure out how to pay for an operation he needs...he has gotten some great ideas, and I shared some things I am willing to do to help.

If anyone is inspired to check out this thread and offer more ideas or "prayers" might mean alot to these folks, but more then anything....I am posting in this thread because I think some powerful images of hope, inspiration and Love, would be meaningful to this family not only personally, but also for images they could use in the long road ahead of them to raise the funds needed to save this families "Daddy" ♥

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

That hurts my heart. I am on my way to read now

J

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
HI all, I have read every post in this thread, and since I am really hopeless with graphics, I've been trying to absorb the lexicon etc. There certainly are some amazingly gifted people here and I love some of the stuff you've created. I have two questions, well three

First, would someone explain why there is no avatar on some people's profile page? Agarta is one of them. Does this have to do with the transparency background (woo, did I actually used a graphic term here?)

Second, my avatar is a photo and I do not own the copyright to it. Can it be tweaked to show some feathers blowing, or is that copyright infringement?

Finally, if someone feels generous, I would love a change of appearance. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
First, would someone explain why there is no avatar on some people's profile page? Agarta is one of them. Does this have to do with the transparency background (woo, did I actually used a graphic term here?)

Yes, the way the site is set up is that the avatar shows on the profile and not the background. Due to the fact that I and many others use a full background as our avatar and do indeed have a transparent avy nothing shows on the profile.

Second, my avatar is a photo and I do not own the copyright to it. Can it be tweaked to show some feathers blowing, or is that copyright infringement?
Taking an original photo and altering it/customizing it is not a violation of copyright. This can be done yes.

Finally, if someone feels generous, I would love a change of appearance. Thanks.

I am working on an animated gif for another member and am having issues with lowering the file size to be accepted on ATS. I could resolve this issue shortly or it could take time, I'm not sure. I can make one for you if you don't mind waiting until I get the one I am working on finished or another artist could do it for you if they are so inclined. I will keep you updated on my progress.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thanks for the reply-ies. Do I mind waiting for something I could never do myself in a month of Sundays? Not in the least.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I was wondering, I have made an animated gif of my avatar, but it is 983KB, so not just a wee bit over the allowable size. Any ideas how I can make it a small file without losing the slow movement/changes that happens when it runs?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Glad you made it here, CM! You too are so talented. From what I've been able to surmise, your query is one they are currently grappling with. However someone will come along to reply to you before too long. Btw, there are going to be regular contests for the likes of yerself. I've bookmarked the thread and check on it daily.

edit on 12-8-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I was wondering, I have made an animated gif of my avatar, but it is 983KB, so not just a wee bit over the allowable size. Any ideas how I can make it a small file without losing the slow movement/changes that happens when it runs?

You could resize it, sometimes that cuts off a few kb's. You could also set it to a slightly lower quality and shave some kb's off. Another thing would be to take out a few layers and change the timing if you're able. Those are about the only ways I know.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
HI all, I have read every post in this thread, and since I am really hopeless with graphics, I've been trying to absorb the lexicon etc. There certainly are some amazingly gifted people here and I love some of the stuff you've created. I have two questions, well three

I see Agarta is working on you (and I have lesson plans to do!!).

Just wanted to drop in and say "howdy" to everybody. ... This working stuff sure does cut into my time!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You could resize it, sometimes that cuts off a few kb's. You could also set it to a slightly lower quality and shave some kb's off. Another thing would be to take out a few layers and change the timing if you're able. Those are about the only ways I know.

Well, changing the size is an option but I wanted it full size and lowering the quality hmmmmmmm... grrrrrrrrrr.. I'm an arty chick and HATE to compromise on visual quality lol. Taking out frames will speed up the animation or make it look like 'stop motion' depending on the length of seconds each frame is set to so will again impact on the visual quality. Gaaaaaaah, I think I'm stuffed! Unless I can keep one background frame the same and add in only the bits that change in the different layers to go on top of the background thus reducing the overall image content? That might be workable, will have a go at that, though I think my original image is at the limit as it stands.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well, changing the size is an option but I wanted it full size and lowering the quality hmmmmmmm... grrrrrrrrrr.. I'm an arty chick and HATE to compromise on visual quality lol. Taking out frames will speed up the animation or make it look like 'stop motion' depending on the length of seconds each frame is set to so will again impact on the visual quality. Gaaaaaaah, I think I'm stuffed! Unless I can keep one background frame the same and add in only the bits that change in the different layers to go on top of the background thus reducing the overall image content? That might be workable, will have a go at that, though I think my original image is at the limit as it stands.

Sounds like a plan!!
And it's great to have another artist here!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I am working on an animated gif for another member and am having issues with lowering the file size to be accepted on ATS. I could resolve this issue shortly or it could take time, I'm not sure. I can make one for you if you don't mind waiting until I get the one I am working on finished or another artist could do it for you if they are so inclined. I will keep you updated on my progress.

'Hangs her head' Funny you should say that.......I was wondering about file size today. If it is going to be a pain, let it go. It is not that big of a deal that you should have to mess with it through time. Alternatives? Heart is not set, flexible is me!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Sounds like a plan!!

thank you

FINALLY, managed to get some sort of compromise between what I want and what is do-able. Def think we need more space allowance for creativity in here

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Sounds like a plan!!

thank you

FINALLY, managed to get some sort of compromise between what I want and what is do-able. Def think we need more space allowance for creativity in here

We could definitely have a lot of fun with a little more space!!

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join