It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Apparently I broke my Gimp program
for some reason when I rotate things it now breaks the image/text up roughing the edges. I thought this might be a setting I inadvertently changed and then could not find. I went to download the program again and decided to upgrade to 2.8.0 which is quite a bit different but I am having the same issues. I can still do avatars/backgrounds and animations on Photoshop but I am not as proficient with it so it will take me longer to produce. Meanwhile, I am learning the changes to the Gimp program and working on fixing the issue, because the changes to the Gimp program are things I have been recommending to the creators of Gimp for 3 years now I am very excited. If you thought I was fast before, this new program will cut my work time in half WOO HOO!!!, now if only I can figure out why my images are being altered in the rotation process.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

HA HA YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the image I was working on that broke. I put text onto another image and it rotated just fine so I was able to adjust the angle and transfer it to the image I wanted it on and it set just fine. That's what I get for editing the same image for 12 hours and locking up the program lol. Any ways I took a screen shot of the image so it is a new one, I got it working fine now and the new program is AWESOME and much easier than I first thought to understand. What used to be 3 clicks is now only a click and drag WOO HOO!!! lol

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

We could definitely have a lot of fun with a little more space!!

lol I think that could apply to most aspects of life
But yes, I agree to be creative we need space. Like I read from a previous post (though can't remember who it was that said it) perhaps even if we had a total file size limit between both ava front pic and background pic then if we use a clear 'spacer' that has virtually no file size, then we can have the extra file size allowance added to the background pictures size. Of course how to implement that in a website/forum I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Bump

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
whew!!! Two days without internet but I lived through it!!!

Been pretty busy with the first "full week" of school. Hopefully things will calm down soon and I can get back in my groove

Hope everyone has been well

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Here's a recent one i did... Up for grabs, if you take it - let me know so i can change it on mine again

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty

Here's a recent one i did... Up for grabs, if you take it - let me know so i can change it on mine again

That is just insane my friend.

If you could put a graffiti twist on it maybe swap out the deck for some cans or something it'd be perfect for an ageing graf artist.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I was going through my images today working on ones I missed and I found the one you asked for so long ago. Sorry it took so long. I did have issues with making the white bright and the red darker without loosing the wrinkle effect but I think it came out okay. I found a double blade that seemed to fit and matched it with the eyes as you can see. If you would like other changes just let me know.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
So how is everyone? I pray everyone is well and happy and all of those things that are important in life!

I miss everyone! Nice to see this thread still going strong!

you are all in my thoughts and prayers....

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by 74Templar

I was going through my images today working on ones I missed and I found the one you asked for so long ago. Sorry it took so long. I did have issues with making the white bright and the red darker without loosing the wrinkle effect but I think it came out okay. I found a double blade that seemed to fit and matched it with the eyes as you can see. If you would like other changes just let me know.

That's really cool. About the only thing would be to make the red cross a deeper red, kinda between blood red and burgundy. The background would look good in a deep purple maybe mixed with oranges, kinda like a stormy night or evening if that makes sense. I'll most likely be offline for a few days (still going through the same BS), so whenever is cool.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Hey oB, long time no hear. Hope you're well, or at least better.

Still going through the legal BS with the family sadly, the litigations have been postponed for another month, so it looks like at least one more cross country trip to sort things out. Three trips, 5000kms each way so far, so currently sitting on the other end of the country away from my girls, and to boot it's done nothing but rain and it's freezing... On the plus I get to see my parents and spend some time with friends, but had to spend 2 hours waiting in Sydney airport this morning waiting for my next flight.
Anyway, sorry to rant, I do hope things are better with you, once I get this major mountain of crap past me, I'll probably throw the gauntlet down for a debate with you when you're ready.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Hey oB, long time no hear. Hope you're well, or at least better.

Still going through the legal BS with the family sadly, the litigations have been postponed for another month, so it looks like at least one more cross country trip to sort things out. Three trips, 5000kms each way so far, so currently sitting on the other end of the country away from my girls, and to boot it's done nothing but rain and it's freezing... On the plus I get to see my parents and spend some time with friends, but had to spend 2 hours waiting in Sydney airport this morning waiting for my next flight.
Anyway, sorry to rant, I do hope things are better with you, once I get this major mountain of crap past me, I'll probably throw the gauntlet down for a debate with you when you're ready.

I am doing fine, things are not yet as I want them to be, but I currently have what I need, and even a couple wants, and one dream. Things for me should be straightening out over the next few months even more, and my life back to an even keel before we know it!

I am sorry you are still going through that, I am definitely keeping you in my prayers. Keep your chin up, it will get better! For now, just keep in mind the positives while you work to overcome the negatives.... thats what I have been doing and its been working fairly well for me!

I am happy to debate you on any topic as soon as our lives become less messy! Looking forward to it! And please keep me updated as to how things are going with you!

my love to you and your loved ones!

Z
edit on 18-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
yup, the internet is still here and has been able to go on without me now that school is back in session

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
~~~~♥~♫~♥~~~♫~♪~♫~~~♥~~~~

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I need help....

I heard that.

Agarta made my totally awesome arse kicking avatar and per my request he was nice enough to size it for my wallpaper/background so I am currently using a clear .gif image as the avatar and the Roo as the background.

I would really like to add this as my avatar instead of the clear .gif.

I would like for it to be positioned on the upper right hand corner (as close as I can get it) so that you can still see my roo clearly.

I hope that made sense. I tried to just upload it and use it that way but it makes my background repeat and shrink when I do that.

Can anyone help a very nice Kanga achieve the ultimate feat by getting both of her favorite animals into one awesome pic?
Please?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You shut up!!! That is the most awesome thing ever!!!
I love it Agarta! Thank you so much and that was super fast. I wasn't expecting anything for days.

Thank you! Truly. I love it and love them both together. You do awesome work and anyone who gets one of your avis is lucky.
You made my day.

I wish I could give you a hundred stars!
edit on 8/20/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

It was nothing really. All it was was a copy, paste, and save lol. I knew there was a reason for waiting to put something on the trans, It just took a little while to figure out what went there. Glad you like it. Enjoy.

reply to post by PurpleChiten

edit on 20-8-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It was nothing really. All it was was a copy, paste, and save lol. I knew there was a reason for waiting to put something on the trans, It just took a little while to figure out what went there. Glad you like it. Enjoy.

You must have been psychic.
I am glad you are the one that fixed it as well, so I have the complete piece from you now. Thanks again.

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join