It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Ever put a coax cable in one? You get a really cool fireball out the other end!!

No I never tried that.

I think I will just take your word for it.

Those are some awesome pics there Ipsiii!

Thank you, trial by fire, learn as I go.

I think it looks good like this

edit on 7/13/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Druid42

Still working but thought you would like an update. after putting in the runestones to put in all the other text might clutter it me tinks.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

I dunno. Guys?

Seems too bright at the top, and the tiles are too big. Something. Can't put my finger on it. Something is too busy in there. Suggestions? Maybe Fonts instead of Tiles?

(Dang, go to watch eyelid theater, and there's 5 more pages!
)
edit on 7/13/12 by Druid42 because: fixed missing space

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I like the glow, the size of the glow is perfect, maybe you could take the pulse off the background, add glows to the heads on either side and at the hight of the glow they could electrically arc together?

That sounds tricky. I'm sure Agarta could figure it out.

That sounds a little too complicated for me.

I need to fool with for a day or so. I'll see what I can do.

I have to keep the file size small or it won't work as an avatar.

They are all very good, dont worry I'll choose one of these you have already made, thanks again. Brb
I'll go with the one you like. Great work
edit on 13-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I can make adjustments if you want to later.

Here's the link for that one

"http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ug5000178a.gif

If you want to test any of the other ones I already made.

Right click on the image and then CLICK "copy image url"

Then paste it into your avatar box on the TOOLS menu and submit

Make sure you erase the quotation mark I added. I think that's why it didn't work

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Got it, thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I dunno. Guys?

Seems too bright at the top, and the tiles are too big. Something. Can't put my finger on it. Something is too busy in there. Suggestions? Maybe Fonts instead of Tiles?

Druid, this is what I see. Too much reflection at the top. Tiles just a tick too large (wide?). Blood drops are too long.

If there was less reflection at the top and the blood drops were drastically shortened, I think the tiles would fit better (as in the look of the whole picture).

BUT that is just my own opinion

J

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Druid42

Still working but thought you would like an update. after putting in the runestones to put in all the other text might clutter it me tinks.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

I dunno. Guys?

While the blood thing isn't my thing, I think Agarta is doing well (especially seeing how fussy you are
) though I agree, you sussed it already, a little less bright at the top and maybe runes as text instead of tiles, maybe a dark colour too as contrast the lighter 'stone' IMO, and it would look even better.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Thank-you........like the 1st one best....will be fun to see what else you can come up with......have a good rest.....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yes, I like your suggestions. I am a bit too fussy.

Coming along nicely, overall.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

imo,

1. Awen crisp and clear and dominates, should be between Wolf and Cauldron and reduced in size. Druids were known for blood sacrifice so gravity and nature dictates the order of flow - Wolf-Awen-Cauldren.

2. Wolf Fuzzy. Either Wolf or Awen, as shown, does not suit the overall artistic style presented.

This would be more suitable:-

(reduced to 80 x 80 pixels)

3. Colours are perfect.

Perhaps, if I may, consider removing the collar from around the Wolfs nape and re-evaluating the overall background pic to something softer - similiar to the red "smoke" in the original Wolf pic.

I know I am being Bias but the order and size of things I had in mind would be as described in my original post where these were presented to you so the Awen needs to be a lot smaller - if in between the Wolf and Cauldren it still maintains its importance even though the size is reduced.

I was thinking of the blood as per the pics you posted - but only on one side of the jaw, not touching the Awen but going strait from the mouth to the Cauldron - more subtle so-to-speak.

Wish I could pull out my "minds eye" and show you but hopefully to will get my drift mate.

Cheers

edit on 13-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Added new Awen symbol for consideration

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Good suggestions.

I think overall it's too busy. I'll be happy with something simplistic, without all the visual imagery.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
how can I get my avatar to look right? it is split, I've put it as both avatar and background in "tools"

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

Install the Transparent link previously given to you in the Avatar spot then hit submit.

Then

Install the new image developed for you in the background spot and hit submit.

In essence what we are trying to do is make the avatar appear "see through" - like cling film - that way only the background shows up

Give it a whirl mate

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

imo,

1. Awen crisp and clear and dominates, should be between Wolf and Cauldron and reduced in size. Druids were known for blood sacrifice so gravity and nature dictates the order of flow - Wolf-Awen-Cauldren.

2. Wolf Fuzzy. Either Wolf or Awen, as shown, does not suit the overall artistic style presented.

This would be more suitable:-

(reduced to 80 x 80 pixels)

3. Colours are perfect.

Perhaps, if I may, consider removing the collar from around the Wolfs nape and re-evaluating the overall background pic to something softer - similiar to the red "smoke" in the original Wolf pic.

I know I am being Bias but the order and size of things I had in mind would be as described in my original post where these were presented to you so the Awen needs to be a lot smaller - if in between the Wolf and Cauldren it still maintains its importance even though the size is reduced.

I was thinking of the blood as per the pics you posted - but only on one side of the jaw, not touching the Awen but going strait from the mouth to the Cauldron - more subtle so-to-speak.

Wish I could pull out my "minds eye" and show you but hopefully to will get my drift mate.

Cheers

edit on 13-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Added new Awen symbol for consideration

Try these 2 for your background:-

Link - files.abovetopsecret.com...

This was cropped from this pic

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

You can't use it as both. You don't want it in your avatar spot, but rather this transparent pic, a blank avatar: h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/pu4ffdf498.gif

Put that link into your Avvy space, remember to take out the space, and don't forget to hit submit.

Hope that helps.

edit on 7/13/12 by Druid42 because: sp err

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
that did thank you all for your help

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Think this would fit as a avy? I know it won't work as a background, but what about a avy??

EDIT: Waaaay to large...

-SAP-
edit on 13-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Try that - can you give me you actual link, I might be able to get a crisper image for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Link

Thanks!

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Here it is avatar size:

top topics