It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Druid42

Okay keep in mind I am still working on it getting the lighting together, adding a chain to the amulet, etc. I just added the splash in the cauldron lol

I also plan on relayering the wolf for detail but I had to put in a frame of reference.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

Looking good. Can you make the amulet a bit bigger, more prominent, and reduce the blood to a few drips from the bottom? I'll wait to see the lighting effects, need some on the cauldron. A 3-D effect on everything. But yeah, that's the idea.

Honestly, do you really have that much patience?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The other thread I have going is just socializing and nostalgia if anybody wants a "break from the everyday" and get to know one another a little better.
You'd be welcomed and enjoyed!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Well here's one version I had started last night but forgot to post.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

This, on a curve,

or this:

Just from the bottom.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

No problem. I left the cauldron black for now but had planed on putting in some Celtic gnotts or something, and I had planned on putting the whole thing, when done, through my 3D rendering program so it seems we are on the same page for that. lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Thats awesome!!!! ty! ty!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Np; if there's anything you want different (color tones, no background, etc), throw a PM my way.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

More like this on the size and blood?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This has become like my favorite thread on ATS right now. I enjoy looking at the art. Great job everyone.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Druid42

No problem. I left the cauldron black for now but had planed on putting in some Celtic gnotts or something, and I had planned on putting the whole thing, when done, through my 3D rendering program so it seems we are on the same page for that. lol.

Well, you are the expert at this, so I'll default to your decisions. However, instead of knots, can you add a few runes? They can be small, and subtle, preferably in stark contrast, but I had a runic phrase in mind:

(From the Elder Futharck...)

dagaz-ehwaz-nauthiz-jera

isa-gebo-nauthiz-othala-raidho-ansuz-nauthiz-kenaz-ehwaz

Actually, you can place the runes anywhere, for that matter, but in that order. I'll dig up the runes somewhere and post them in a bit. Up to you to resize and place them.

edit on 7/12/12 by Druid42 because: two runes off

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
This has become like my favorite thread on ATS right now. I enjoy looking at the art. Great job everyone.

-SAP-

I'm parked here a lot too. I'm being quiet...like in a fine art museum. tiptoes back to her corner....

The best eye candy on ATS...is in this thread......

Des

edit on 12-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

You still want "Deny Ignorance" on it yes? and do you want it in the font I used last time or more of a Celtic style or ?.

Edit to add: I found the set you are going to send Here

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

-SAP-

I'm parked here a lot too. I'm being quiet...like in a fine art museum. tiptoes back to her corner....

The best eye candy on ATS...is in this thread......

Des

edit on 12-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Yes, yes I am!! .... oh wait, you're talking about the avatars

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

And of course, there's no longer a reason to include "deny ignorance" any where. The runes take care of that.

Those are the runes I want, but let me see if I can find a nice tileset.......BRB.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That was quite wyrd. I was busy copy and pasting code, and changing the img tags to ats tags, then I post, and read. You are one step ahead.

I had a spelling error before anyway, but I fixed that post. You see where I'm going with the runes?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by Agarta

That was quite wyrd. I was busy copy and pasting code, and changing the img tags to ats tags, then I post, and read. You are one step ahead.

I had a spelling error before anyway, but I fixed that post. You see where I'm going with the runes?

I figured deny ignorance was repetitive but for them non Gaelic readers out there I thought I would ask. also Would you like it in Ogham as well?

edit to add: I could turn the cauldron into a Rosetta stone of sorts lol

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Tileset:

Uhm, facepalm. Just remembered there are runic fonts in .ttf format. One Linky.

Just get a font pack, and use that.

Geez.
edit on 7/12/12 by Druid42 because: fixed broken link, by removing it. bwahahaha.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

edit to add: I could turn the cauldron into a Rosetta stone of sorts lol

That would be a crap ton of work, wouldn't it? I'll be happy with just the Elder. It keeps the avatar looking mysterious. They don't have to stay on the cauldron, if you need the room.

Just wanted to know if you have the rune fonts already. I remember back in the day, I'd type a message for Samhain, switch to the rune font, convert it, print it out, and post it on my locker at work. My co-workers had lot's of fun decoding the messages. They learned a lot about runes.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Yep gottum, but I got mine from Fontspace.com(17487 free fonts for Windows and Mac) I use them all the time. Got the Ogham there too and the nice part is that Gimp takes the fonts from your computer so anything I have I can put into pics lol. Thats why it would be barely any work at all to put all 3 in.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Well then, use your own judgment on making a Rosetta. The theory is sound, as long as it isn't tooooo busy. I do like the idea, but it should be legible, and obvious. Now that I know you are just dealing with fonts, I know there's a lot of creativity on your end that can be unleashed.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join