It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film shows Obama's half-brother in slum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Film shows Obama's half-brother in slum

www.news.com.au

Barack Obama's slum-dwelling half-brother in Kenya says he needs no help from his powerful sibling, in an election-year documentary that is highly critical of the US president.
"I think he has a family of his own," said George Obama in a park-bench interview with conservative author Dinesh D'Souza that is a highlight of "2016: Obama's America", which premieres this week in Houston, Texas.
"I'm a member of his family, but I'm over-age, so I help myself," the younger Mr Obama said in a four-minute clip that appears on the website of the Hollywood Reporter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am not sure what to make of this. Is it promotional to support the presidential campaign or is it negative and working against him?

I guess things are done differently in the US for elections but it seems like Obama is clutching at straws.

Or maybe it is a good thing and shows cultural diversity and promotes the image of a president who is caring and thoughtful.

Is it true that from the get go Obama admin has had an agenda and does it really sit with the American people?

Or does this sum it up?

"He has embraced a kind of anti-American third world ideology and that's anti-colonialism." as quoted by Dinesh D'Souza

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-7-2012 by magma because: spell

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
I am not sure what to make fo this. Is it promotional to support the presidential campaign or is it negative and working against him?

Jimmy Carter had a Lush for a Brother.
Meh...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And by all accounts there was a competent Bush sibling......seems they come in matched pairs!!

Given the OP says the documentary is "highly critical" of Obama, why does someone think it is pro-Obama??

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

How is a Comment about another President's brother seen as pro or con Obama?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Didnt he give a speech claiming that he was his brothers keeper?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
Didnt he give a speech claiming that he was his brothers keeper?

He gave alot of speeches where he lied out of his hind quarters.

It's just sad that it's taken so many people 4 years to realize it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
LOL this is so dumb if it is in an Obama bash film. His half brother flat out said he didn't want Obamas help because he is a grown man.

Not to mention the article says his brother isn't poor and runs a charity in the slums.

The film clip does not mention that Mr Obama grew up in a well-to-do part of Nairobi, before he ventured toward its slums, ultimately working with a charity he co-founded to help young people trapped in poverty.

edit on 10-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

How is a Comment about another President's brother seen as pro or con Obama?

Try reading it AFTER turning on yor comprehension app!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Dinesh D'Souza is a highly strung, highly critical Obama opponent so unless a pro-Obama group beat him to the punch with the material, I'm pretty sure this is meant to be anti-Obama.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is politics...Look at it like a movie.The first third of the movie is building the character...

e.g. - Obama spends money; does not care about family; only cares about wall street; does not understand the economy; etc; This is the foundation.

By the time America goes to vote, the straw will be there to break the back.

Campaign managers win elections

top topics

join