It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Prices about to sky rocket, be prepared.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

i just got back from the grocery store and I am a bit sick at this moment. Just your normal chain grocery store, but everything is higher, everything. The sales are what used to be the normal price. I've seen it coming, the higher prices, but it's gonna be ugly by the end of the year. And like the farmer above said, this will hurt for years.

Things are spiraling fast economically, well really in all kinds of ways.

Scary times ahead. People are going to be going without and others will be truly penny pinching that are not used to that.

As a mom who does the bills in my house, the shopping and the secondary job, I am feeling it big time, and quite frankly my husband and I make a decent living so what are other people going through?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by amatrine

so what are other people going through?

That is what you have to worry about.....when the other people decide they want what you have.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I have watched fresh produce prices rise at our local farmer's market in the past 3 months. From last year's prices, they've skyrocketed in comparison. Several farmer friends who have booths near mine, told me their fertilizer prices from last season, have doubled in some cases.

Don't even get me started on regular food store prices. I stopped buying whole milk and now only buy dried whole milk. A lot less spoilage when mixing what you need. I used to pay $6.00 a 50lb. bag for dried cracked corn, to add to my goat feed. Now, I get it from a coop bulk buyer for $8.00 a bag. That's a good price too, most places charge $10 or more a bag.

This is all in less than 8 months. It's going to get much worse.....

Des

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I went to Bi-lo and the prices are horrible. I looked at a large pack of hamburger for 12.00..I just walked away in disgust. My favorite soup was 1.25 more than at Walmart..but the meat at Walmart is horrible just like Food Lion. I guess we are all going to be eating allot of pasta, and rice/cheese...Gas here in NC..is around 3.89 a gallon..I guess it will be heading up to the 4.00 mark soon.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Funny you should say that about gasoline prices, because this morning (Saturday, August 25) gas prices in the L.A. County San Fernando Valley are at $4.02, and that's at the lowest-price gas station chain.

The only chain store I shop at that has held its food prices remarkably well is Trader Joe's. Plus, Trader Joe's has pledged to not carry any food products with GMO ingredients.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join