It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coach punches Female Basketball Player After Loss

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Yeah, men "should" have the same rights as women when it comes to abuse....but it's not reality. Why do you think women aren't in the NFL, or NBA? I'm interested in your thoughts......

Because men are stronger, bigger, and dominant.

Why isn't it the reality? Is because we continue the status quo with comments like yours?

Is it because we refuse to pressure our politicians and judicial system to make the necessary changes?

What does the NFL and NBA have to do with anything? Those are just cults for people who like drugs and idiocy. Organized sport is probably one of the most destructive things IMO outside of teaching people team work and hard work, which could be done a myriad of other ways instead of causing each other brain injuries for hundreds of millions of dollars...

But I digress...

All I'm saying is that we must control the message regarding gender bias and the fact that in the 21st century it's a non issue. I'm sorry but I know PLENTY of women who could take most of those NFL guys and give them a run for their money.

They are just as strong, big and dominant. So please save me from your gender difference BS. Sure sure, biologically that's the normal differences, but in our society at this point, we should not be using this as a means to judge people.

This man hit another human being, unprovoked and he deserves what he gets. Doesn't matter if it was a girl or a guy.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
reply to post by enjoies05

lol, good point.

I created the men's rights thread and was bombarded with women saying all men were scum.

Looks as if this will turn into another male bashing thread.

Have fun ladies.

Misandry right under our noses and nobody bats an eyelash? Isn't in funny though that is soon as any man expouses a mysogenist view point they get ostrazized by society faster than you can say banana split?

Oh but you can crap on men as much as you want, without any kind of problem...

Talk about double standards.

~Tenth

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

And I agree that your opinion continues to be one that isn't based in the world we live in.

And you have to know this...it's one thing to say that "men and women should be treated equally", and another to understand that it is NOt the way this world works.

link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Yeah, men "should" have the same rights as women when it comes to abuse....but it's not reality. Why do you think women aren't in the NFL, or NBA? I'm interested in your thoughts......

Why isn't it the reality? Is because we continue the status quo with comments like yours?

Is it because we refuse to pressure our politicians and judicial system to make the necessary changes?

What does the NFL and NBA have to do with anything? Those are just cults for people who like drugs and idiocy. Organized sport is probably one of the most destructive things IMO outside of teaching people team work and hard work, which could be done a myriad of other ways instead of causing each other brain injuries for hundreds of millions of dollars...

But I digress...

All I'm saying is that we must control the message regarding gender bias and the fact that in the 21st century it's a non issue. I'm sorry but I know PLENTY of women who could take most of those NFL guys and give them a run for their money.

They are just as strong, big and dominant. So please save me from your gender difference BS. Sure sure, biologically that's the normal differences, but in our society at this point, we should not be using this as a means to judge people.

This man hit another human being, unprovoked and he deserves what he gets. Doesn't matter if it was a girl or a guy.

~Tenth

you hit it right on the head here!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

And I agree that your opinion continues to be one that isn't based in the world we live in.

And you have to know this...it's one thing to say that "men and women should be treated equally", and another to understand that it is NOt the way this world works.

And that reality isn't our fate. I don't understand why you are under the impression that it's just the way it is and there's no changing it.

Do you really think that things are so stagnant in society that they never change? If we were all such pessimists about our world, how it operates and how it won't ever change, where do you think we would be?

Still in the dark ages I would think.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Well this man should be held to the same standard of conduct as any coach...man or woman. He could have expressed his feelings and used his intelligence to defuse the situation if the young lady started to run her mouth.

Unfortunately, men are also prone to using violence to resolve bad situations in which they cannot control. Since men and woman are different, men being more violent, maybe men should not be allowed to coach sports.

Sounds silly right? well that's why we need to hold both male and female coaches to the same standard or we open ourselves up to stupid crap like that.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330

But I digress...

~Tenth

you hit it right on the head here!

Tenth, your post about the nba and nfl is as ignorant as they come. I'd expect more from a mod. You can't be serious. If you knew women that could give men a run for their money in both sports, you better bet they would get a look. But they don't. Why? Because the one time a female got an elbow, there would be a lawsuit.
I seriously don't understand why you think that women hitting men, and men hitting women are equal.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Are you female tenth?

And for the record, I'm not saying its RIGHT, I'm just pointing out reality.

edit on 10-7-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think the female aspect is pertinent. Suppose it was a mouthy male that was physically superior to the coach, and he got in the coaches face, that is a lot different situation than a female getting punched, thrown to the ground, and choked.

Either way, it is extremely poor coaching, and serves as an extremely poor example. This person is not fit to be around kids at all. I hope he doesn't have any of his own. I've been pushed over the edge by plenty of people, but I've never dreamed of punching a girl or a child.

Good thing he was arrested, I'm sure justice will be served on this one. Seems like a no-brainer.

For the record, I have been smacked around by plenty of coaches when I played football, wrestled, and took martial arts. It is to be expected, but it was always done with a teaching purpose in mind, never just raw anger. One of my old high school coaches is now a Division I college football coach, and he used to grab my facemask, pull me down to his face, holler out some orders with spit flying the whole time, smack me across the helmet a few times, and then shove me back out there. It was GREAT! No hard feelings whatsoever, that is football, that is how it is supposed to be. But he would never have PUNCHED a player? WTF?

No coach should ever punch a player, they are supposed to be coaching us. Even if the player was the worst hoodlum on the planet, you just kick them off the team, you don't beat them up. In fact, if the coach has the respect of his team, and a kid is out of line with the coach, the players usually take care of it without the coach's involvement.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

It is the same.

The reality is that violence, regardless of gender is wrong.

And we as a society decided that somehow one was more pertinent than the other. That's our fault, it's not just the way the world is.

It's WE who made that collective decision, therefore WE can make a decision to not have it that way anymore.

Gender roles outside of raising a family & biological functions, are a social construct, not a reality.

And I would suggest that you keep my status as a moderator out of this conversation, that has NO bearing on my opinions and I'm not somehow "better" than anybody for being a mod, so I don't know why my opinion would be expected to change because of it.

For the record no, I am not a women, nor does it matter. I am an egalitarian and believe in equal rights and treatment for all. You do not clearly, or you would not insist on carrying on this silly notion that nothing ever changes.

~Tenth
edit on 7/10/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Personally, I know about 6 or 7 women that could take on most men and pound the snot out of them in any sport! There are the exceptions from the norm

But Tenth is right about professional sports. They are cults riddled with drugs and "meatheaded" ignorance.

It is nothing more then 21st century gladiatorial games to distract Men from more important things. A waste of time really.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yep... Violence is wrong. And so is war, and the banks ripping off the world. But guess what? It's reality pal.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by amongus

Personally, I know about 6 or 7 women that could take on most men and pound the snot out of them in any sport! There are the exceptions from the norm

But Tenth is right about professional sports. They are cults riddled with drugs and "meatheaded" ignorance.

It is nothing more then 21st century gladiatorial games to distract Men from more important things. A waste of time really.

Please.....it's called culture. Goes back thousands of years. Look into it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Can't believe nobody has my back here.....

Proves people are living in a politically correct fog, and not reality.

Sad.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yep... Violence is wrong. And so is war, and the banks ripping off the world. But guess what? It's reality pal.

You my friend are part of the world's problems. You define the world's problems actually.

Apathy and the refusal to challenge the status quo. Let's just let them continue to wage wars and steal from us. It's completely ok apparently, cause that's reality and just the way the world works right?

Honestly, people's indoctrinations about how things are "suppose" to work is really pathetic.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It is more than gender roles.

Women have less dense muscle and require a higher percentage of bodyfat just to survive. Elite male athletes can get down to less than 5% bodyfat with no problem, but if a female gets below 10% they will have health impacts. The first of which is the loss of their menstrual cycle, but after that they can have other hormonal issues, liver problems, and other issues.

Our bodies are different. The average female is several inches shorter than the average male, and average body weight it much lower. Strength and Speed records are different from males to females.

If two men want to fight out their differences, as long as they don't kill each other, I have no problem with it. If two females want to fight out their differences, fine. But if a male wants to beat up a female it is wrong on so many levels.

I don't know what you look like TTTP, but I know what I look like, and I know what my wife looks like. I could probably punch you a time or two without any lasting effects, you'd survive. If I punched my wife, she would be broken. No doubt about it. My fist is almost as big as her head, and the bones in my fist are drastically stronger and more hardened than the ones in her face.

It's not ok to hit girls. I don't care if it sounds chauvinistic or outdated or old fashioned, it isn't some societal norm, there are solid reasons to back it up. It's just not ok.
edit on 10-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

There is some drug abuse in professional sports, but the "meatheadedness" is not as prevalent as it used to be.

I know of several professional football players that are homosexual, and they are still elite players, and their teammates know about them, and it isn't a big deal in most cases. Professional athletes also spend a lot of time studying film, studying theory, practicing interview skills, taking finishing courses for manners and etiquette.

Organized sports are far from a waste of time! I bet I've learned more through sports than schooling over the years.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You my friend are part of the world's problems. You define the world's problems actually.

Apathy and the refusal to challenge the status quo. Let's just let them continue to wage wars and steal from us. It's completely ok apparently, cause that's reality and just the way the world works right?

Honestly, people's indoctrinations about how things are "suppose" to work is really pathetic.

~Tenth

No, it's one thing to WANT everything to be equal, and another to understand that's not how the world works. You are living in a world of "what should be". Yet it is not.

I'm only being realistic.

You on the other hand think that world peace is a possibility. which is ignorant.

We agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I never disputed the biological differences between men and women. I wasn't stating that physically there's no difference between striking a man or women.

Clearly for the reasons you've named and more, there are.

It's our mentality regarding these things, in society that need to change. We need to stop taking moral high ground with violence, stop trying to justify it by stating things like " oh it was just two men, good thing it wasn't a women", because that doesn't make any sense.

Culturally those mindsets are dead and outdated and need to be updated for a 21st century society where citizens are part of a global community.

I stated clearly that biological differences are indeed quite clear among the genders, but socially, we should not let those barriers stop us from treating each other the same.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

World peace is not possible, never said that.

Utopias are a pipe dream, however social constructs that are impacting us negatively and prevent us from at least moving beyond our differences at least a little bit, are not out of reach.

Thinking they are is the un-realistic part.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join