It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Position Paper: We Are Pursuing Nuclear Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Breitbart -- July 9, 2012

Iranian Position Paper: We Are Pursuing Nuclear Weapons

An Iranian document apparently somehow "obtained" by an Israeli publication "The Times of Israel" suggests that Iran is indeed seeking nuclear weapons after all.

More "sauce" for the goose ?

According to an Iranian position paper, Iran’s protestations that it doesn’t seek nuclear weapons capability are a lie. The paper, which was used by Iran’s negotiators at Iran’s technical-level talks with the P5+1 powers in Istanbul, clearly indicates Iran’s intentions to expand their nuclear weapons program and rejection of negotiation with the West.

Iran protests that it needs additional facilities because of threats from the West: “Facing constant threats, we need a back up facility to safeguard our enrichment activities,” referring to the Fordow enrichment facility where Iran carries out its 20% uranium enrichment. The document continues that Iran needs “ … at least 4 other research reactors because of the territorial extent of Iran and the short lifetime of medical isotopes” and that Iran aspires “to sell fuel complexes to other countries.”

Not only does the document outline Iran’s nuclear ambitions, but the political path Iran will take in order to achieve its goals. First, Iran will pursue international recognition of its rights to enrich more uranium, and then to stop all sanctions against it. In order to bolster its argument, the paper mentions Iran’s anger at the P5+1 proposals for a negotiated agreement, especially the P5+1’s demand that Iran shut down its enrichment facility at Fordow.

The Times of Israel article;

Iranian document, whose authenticity cannot be independently verified but accords with other recent reports, sets out Tehran’s ‘need’ for a ‘backup’ enrichment facility and 4 more research reactors

A position paper obtained by The Times of Israel, understood to have been used by Iran’s negotiators at last week’s technical-level talks with the P5+1 powers in Istanbul, makes plain the Tehran regime’s unyielding rejection of international efforts to negotiate safeguards and restrictions that would prevent Iran attaining a nuclear weapons capability.

Far from indicating Iranian readiness for a suspension or scaling back of its nuclear program, indeed, the document, made available by an informed source on condition of anonymity, includes references to Iran’s expansion plans. “Facing constant threats, we need a back up facility to safeguard our enrichment activities,” it states at one point, when discussing the Fordow enrichment facility, the underground complex built beneath a mountain near Qom where Iran carries out its 20% uranium enrichment.

Iran plans to expand, not suspend, its nuclear program, position paper obtained by Times of Israel says

How "Reliable" is this "Report" ??

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

An Israeli newspaper claiming to have a document in which Iran admits building a nuclear bomb.

Now that's one credible source.

Iranian document, whose authenticity cannot be independently verified

I would say Mossad or MEK creation.
edit on 10-7-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I guess next Israel will nuke itself and accuse Iran.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is just a joke? Right?

The paper, which was used by Iran’s negotiators at Iran’s technical-level talks with the P5+1 powers in Istanbul, clearly indicates Iran’s intentions to expand their nuclear weapons program and rejection of negotiation with the West.

To expend, you first have to have something, and expend it. In the case of Iran, they don't have nuclear capabilities.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

That's rich, like I mean, SOOO rich, I can't stop laughing..

Clearly they can't verify it's authenticity cause they made it up...

Oh, one more nail in the propaganda coffin of Israel..

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Conditioning, Justification,

Problem - Reaction - Solution

Seems how the world runs

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog
This is just a joke? Right?

The paper, which was used by Iran’s negotiators at Iran’s technical-level talks with the P5+1 powers in Istanbul, clearly indicates Iran’s intentions to expand their nuclear weapons program and rejection of negotiation with the West.

To expend, you first have to have something, and expend it. In the case of Iran, they don't have nuclear capabilities.

I'm sure you meant expand, but with the typos, I found it chuckle worthy.

But if Iran has a nuclear program, they obviously have capabilities. Maybe not a functional nuke...yet. But definately the means to make a serious dirty weapon. But of course, any evil individual can do this.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I'm sure you meant expand, but with the typos, I found it chuckle worthy.

But if Iran has a nuclear program, they obviously have capabilities. Maybe not a functional nuke...yet. But definately the means to make a serious dirty weapon. But of course, any evil individual can do this.

Yep, it is a typo - ir should be expand.

Speaking of Iran, I don't trust them. We all know that they are really after nuclear weapons, but even without evidence they are under sanctions.

On the other hand, country that made largest concentration camp after WWII in the world, that is constantly oppressing large part of its population already has nukes, to our big surprise not from us (USA).

In my humble opinion, world would be much better place without nukes, wish all of them get destroyed, but there is no chance that something like this ever will happen, at least not without help form outside.

top topics

join