It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experiment on letting go of the fear of judgement.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I see we have an experiment going on here on these forums about grammar, and the proper usage of words, punctuation , etc.

Well, being someone who is challenged by typing..(rather dyslexic at times), as well as proper grammar and punctuation, I would like to start a thread where you can feel free to type away, without fear of being ridiculed ..or 'judged" by any grammar errors.

I especially would love any lurkers, who have never joined up, because of having this fear of being judged, as well as those members who feel they do not want to post much, for those same reasons, to take this opportunity to communicate.

I personally love reading what people share, and couldn't give two hoots about your spelling, and punctuation. The fact that you are trying to make yourself heard is what is important to me.

So please feel FREEEEEE to express your self, in any way that you think you may want to, or can.

..............the more creative the better.

This is a thread about expressing yourself, without the fear of judgement , as well as non conformity to the so called rules, of good grammar and speech.

I tink daz about sayz it all for now..

have fun !!!

Oh, and those of you who are excellent with grammar, punctuation, and are very adept at articulating themselves...you are more than welcome as well..

No judgement .

oh..and all the in btweeners..and half arse sort of not so good, but ok somedays are welcome as well.

edit on 9-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: just had to see if you would read this.. lol

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Big wall of text. Big wall of text. Big wall of text. Big wall of text.

(Just kidding)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

(Just kidding)

very well said..and I do get your point..

wish i could give you two stars..but..you know the rools.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well, as an officer-in-good-standing of the Grammar Police, I was looking forward to trolling this thread. But now you've welcomed us as well and taken all the fun out of it.

I kid, of course. I promise not to judge or troll....

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I was thinking that this would be a topic to join all of humanity on ATS to get things off of our chests and to come together as a group of people but was disappointed... Eh. I suppose people can have poor typing styles in here as well... I'm part of the grammar police so I am biased and do not belong here, lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Well, as an officer-in-good-standing of the Grammar Police, I was looking forward to trolling this thread. But now you've welcomed us as well and taken all the fun out of it.

I kid, of course. I promise not to judge or troll....

daaayuuum..and here I was so looking forward to the trolls..

I quite enjoy the trollish types
..they give me some of the best giggles.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
I was thinking that this would be a topic to join all of humanity on ATS to get things off of our chests and to come together as a group of people but was disappointed... Eh. I suppose people can have poor typing styles in here as well... I'm part of the grammar police so I am biased and do not belong here, lol.

aiye..so sorry to disappoint about the purpose of the thread, but yet it is about getting things off your chest.

Please... I insist you use it for whatever you wish..!!!

It is a freedom thread, and any type of police are welcome, and belong here.

it will soon die, like so many others..so let it have any kind of life, for its short duration of existance.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
well, I've decided to get something off my chest...before this thread dives into the looney bin.

The dreaded bra...

They are the most uncomfortable pieces of clothing to wear when it is extremely hot out..

I'm sure I'm not the only woman who feels that way in extreme hot weather.

go ahead ...judge away..make the boob jokes, i don't care if they hang to my navel....they are freee

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: because this thread neeeds them for color ... ; p

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Bye peeps

its been a slice..(as this thread falls into the pits of ATS cyber space forever to be lost in a black hole I just wanted to play a parting tune)

Freebird

and this bird you cannot change.

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: no reason needed

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: nope..notta won

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
In Trouble

So here I sit with a big wide grin
Knowing that people are upset with me again
That everything I do is such a sin
And nobody’s bark is strong, just thin

Well it is all right
It's all good by me
If you want to fight
Go outside and wait by that tree

I do not agree with you
So you’ll just have insult me some more
I simply want to be through
But your insults are such a bore

What am I thinking?
What does it matter in the scheme?
All you do is repeat it time and again
And act like a stormy sea

Well all right
I’ll tell what you want to hear
That’s all that matters tonight
To insults you’ll adhere

And it goes on and on
Nothing ever stops
An eternity of endless brawn
Lost in your own Aesop

And here I sit with a big wide grin
Of going my own way
Committing the ageless sin
And now you feel betrayed

Why should it be this way?
Expectations run higher than diamonds or gold
Why can’t I have my own day?
And one way relationships are wonders to behold

And so I must go my own way.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
In Trouble

So here I sit with a big wide grin
Knowing that people are upset with me again
That everything I do is such a sin
And nobody’s bark is strong, just thin

Well it is all right
It's all good by me
If you want to fight
Go outside and wait by that tree

I do not agree with you
So you’ll just have insult me some more
I simply want to be through
But your insults are such a bore

What am I thinking?
What does it matter in the scheme?
All you do is repeat it time and again
And act like a stormy sea

Well all right
I’ll tell what you want to hear
That’s all that matters tonight
To insults you’ll adhere

And it goes on and on
Nothing ever stops
An eternity of endless brawn
Lost in your own Aesop

And here I sit with a big wide grin
Of going my own way
Committing the ageless sin
And now you feel betrayed

Why should it be this way?
Expectations run higher than diamonds or gold
Why can’t I have my own day?
And one way relationships are wonders to behold

And so I must go my own way.

Thank you for posting, your posts are refreshing...and quite insightful (for what ..I am not entirely sure of as of yet)

here is my answer to your lovely poem.

now please listen to all the words

I did read your whole poem

Cheer up evil.. it ain't all bad ..

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Now you need to write one about the lazy sorts, who use it mostly to fix typos quickly....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
my teecher likes to mock us, and poke fun

so we can learn,

so we go outside at recess

and pwactice till adjourned

when we go home
and bully siblings, are parents ask

what for.

we say the teacher taught us,
that this is how you learn.

don't worry mommy,
cause when we do just like them at skool,
they point their finger at U,
and say you are the fool.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's an interesting song, but it's about instigators. Not everybody who is trouble is an instigator. Some people are just very blunt and not very diplomatic while being straightforward with heir views. For some reason, many people in this society, especially liberals, demand that you be diplomatic and very verbose with a lot of purple prose with your words and be nicety-nice with them and that if you don't then you're a jerk and all that good rubbish.

Another big problem with today's society is that having a discussion is a another form of combat because one must be right in all things or you're a jerk and all that rubbish. To me, a discussion is just supposed to be about exchanging information to learn things. At least for the most part. There are a few topics that are really disgusting though that I usually try to avoid because it really brings out the real monsters.

I just prefer to make short statements that are to the point of things and don't like to hide them underneath a lot of unnecessary detail Many people don't like that, especially people of logic who always whine that in doing that you never back up your points or use logic.

Well I've got news for you folks, in informal discussions you don't have to use logic. You do not have to use logic in every single discussion there is. There is no rules in logic that says you have to, and if you claim there is, it is you guys who are misusing and abusing logic to turn a discussion into a combat so you guys can win and impose your will upon a person. logic is an excellent tool for discovering things, but it isn't then end all and be all of wisdom. It is the mere beginning of wisdom.

And of course if that's your style you aren't conforming. And of course, if you're a non-conformist then you must be trouble. Yous see, Americans don't truly value individuality, they value conformity. It's just that they can't agree what to conform to, but everybody expects the other guy to just accept their word and conform to their beliefs. It doesn't matter if liberal or conservative, CT or scientist, black or white, or whatever. Most people do this.

So there really are different ways of being trouble. And sometimes just existing is troublesome for some people.

Edit:

Also that poem is about somebody always being mad at me because I didn't use logic, or had a dissenting opinion, or used the wrong word so people gotta be mad at me and insult me all to hell and back.

edit on 10-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I get irritated that there are only a few teachers in each school that are "bad" but all the teachers get a bad rap because of them.

There are a LOT of teachers out there who are in it for the right reason. They are patient, kind, compassionate, bend over backwards to help the kids and are very good at what they do.

They would be the first to stand up and defend the kids, they give their life to them, everything they are, they give. They get up early and come home late, then grade papers and make plans for the next day. They do all this because they love the kids and want to help them be the best they can be.

They never say a harsh word to a child, they never neglect checking on a kid that seems upset that day, they never let a day go by without telling the kids they are worth something and they can accomplish whatever they set out to do.

Think about it, you had some great ones, you know you did. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to read and write on the message boards here. You were taught to read, write, do arithmetic, you were influenced by the great ones even though you only remember the few horrible ones.

Remember back to the good ones and be thankful for them, appreciate them and acknowledge them. They put a lot into it and they deserve to be recognized.

MOST teachers are there for the right reason. There are a few that aren't, but they shouldn't be allowed to ruin it for everyone.

edit on 10-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

It's an interesting song, but it's about instigators. Not everybody who is trouble is an instigator. Some people are just very blunt and not very diplomatic while being straightforward with heir views. For some reason, many people in this society, especially liberals, demand that you be diplomatic and very verbose with a lot of purple prose with your words and be nicety-nice with them and that if you don't then you're a jerk and all that good rubbish.

I know what you mean ESC, because I am very very much the same. As a woman I have learned that if you don't try and place nice with some, they become even worse, all the while trying to make it look like it is you who is the bad person..
I say let it go.

I have respect for you, though we may not have seen eye to eye on a few issues, which is part of human nature.

Just so you know, I like your style, and at least one knows what one is dealing with. You may not care much for mine, but I can live with that, and still respect yours.

I just prefer to make short statements that are to the point of things and don't like to hide them underneath a lot of unnecessary detail Many people don't like that, especially people of logic who always whine that in doing that you never back up your points or use logic.

Short and to the point can pack a lot of punch, and is preferable to too much wordiness and excessive text for many, not just you. I could learn to clean mine up , and get to the point.

logic is an excellent tool for discovering things, but it isn't then end all and be all of wisdom. It is the mere beginning of wisdom.

Life is a big mystery, even when we think we know so many things as humans, mystery will over trump logic, and that will lead to discovering wisdom, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I get irritated that there are only a few teachers in each school that are "bad" but all the teachers get a bad rap because of them.

There are a LOT of teachers out there who are in it for the right reason. They are patient, kind, compassionate, bend over backwards to help the kids and are very good at what they do.

They would be the first to stand up and defend the kids, they give their life to them, everything they are, they give. They get up early and come home late, then grade papers and make plans for the next day. They do all this because they love the kids and want to help them be the best they can be.

They never say a harsh word to a child, they never neglect checking on a kid that seems upset that day, they never let a day go by without telling the kids they are worth something and they can accomplish whatever they set out to do.

Think about it, you had some great ones, you know you did. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to read and write on the message boards here. You were taught to read, write, do arithmetic, you were influenced by the great ones even though you only remember the few horrible ones.

Remember back to the good ones and be thankful for them, appreciate them and acknowledge them. They put a lot into it and they deserve to be recognized.

MOST teachers are there for the right reason. There are a few that aren't, but they shouldn't be allowed to ruin it for everyone.

I'm well aware there was and still are some very very good teachers.

But it is clear when some are ridiculing and poking fun, and to pretend otherwise is darn right nauseating.

Sorry , but this is a feeling of expression thread after all is said and done (good and the bad).

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I am not a grammar Nazi, I am for the most part, a grammar not see. See? See see?

But thank you for the kind words.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Children can be forgiven, they are just children and have the potential to learn and improve....
Stupid adults get on my last everloving nerve.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join