It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Lovers & Supporters; we NEED an APP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Starting message before i am ridiculed: I did a search and their is many threads like this one...why I started this particular thread is because my thread is different and instead of just asking why there isn't a APP this thread is to collaborate as a TEAM to discuss what we would like in the ATS APP and as a team hopefully reach our goal of putting together a loose projection of what the APP should be for those that would design it. Again this thread is 100% for all of the wicked smart minds behind the computers of ATS to come together and collaborate on a project that many of us would love to see come to life. So lets work as a team here, and keep the bashing to the high school kids where it should stay.

So im sure this might be a concept in the works....and if not....why isn't it?

I'm sure many of you are just like me. A normal working person that throughout the day loves keeping up to date with the ATS forums. Problem is...running the site through mobile smart phones and tablet browsers is a hassle...gross looking and not the most user friendly.

It would be so convenient and incredibly useful if their was a simple application made for these devices that could help the busy day to day person that follows ATS religiously more easy.

The app should include a menu screen much like the toolbar of this site including:

-myATS
-TOP TOPICS
-NEW TOPICS
-SEARCH

The app should incorporate quick options into the message body page for linking Videos as well as links, much like the site....and just as easy to do from portable devices.

This really needs to happen...not only will this boost the usability of ATS but it will also help get the messages we like to share to a larger audience. Do you know how many people every second are flipping through the market or store just looking for a new app to pass the time with that have no idea of the existence of ATS?

So to all the lovers and supporters of this wonderful forum...lets make this happen. Anyone is welcome to share their ideas on how to make the app good, all user feedback is welcomed

edit on 9-7-2012 by GARN40ish because: STARS FOR EVERYONE!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I would be on that app all day at work! Heck, I'd even pay a couple of bucks for it for the iPhone!

But then we'd be contributing to the evil corporation known as Apple.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I will build an iOS version if any of the site owners okay the project.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by celebration

HAHA! Id pay for it too considering!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

WOW! Thats awesome you'd be willing to undergo such a project! Thanks you so much for putting yourself out their like that.

Thats exactly what I hoped this thread would accomplish. To awaken peoples goodheartedness and willfullness to work together for a commen goal.

I hope this thread becomes a breeding ground for wonderful ideas on the app.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GARN40ish

I could try an Android app.

Mods, is there an API somewhere I could reference?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Open source all the way!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GARN40ish
reply to post by celebration

HAHA! Id pay for it too considering!!!!

Seriously! I'm always on it on my phone at work, but I always use the full site because I don't like the look of the mobile version. If there was an in-depth app, that'd be awesome!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I hope this thread doesnt sink.....but I think its going too :/

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I think all topics and text need to be in a single column (for readability) and then the user has a choice of how to organise "feeds" (i.e: top 100, New Topics & etc).

For the entry of text, I favour a split screen, one that displays the text that you are responding to, and a text box for your reply (with a few choice "buttons" to format).

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I think all topics and text need to be in a single column (for readability) and then the user has a choice of how to organise "feeds" (i.e: top 100, New Topics & etc).

For the entry of text, I favour a split screen, one that displays the text that you are responding to, and a text box for your reply (with a few choice "buttons" to format).

Really REALLY good ideas! I love the idea that users could organize feeds to their specific likes...sorta like the myATS page here showing stuff from specific forums of a users interest would be great.

Also the text entry idea is interesting...how hard would it be to design/format something like that?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I asked for an app three years ago, and was told they were too expensive...and thats why they created the mobile version of ATS.

So, once again they have my vote for developing an app.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Why?

It works perfectly on iphone...

Oh... you don't have one?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GARN40ish

I think that the 'dual screen' editor would be easily doable.

I was thinking that the selection criteria for topics should start with a fairly general listing (like top popularity 100) and then this list be filtered (subtractively) to remove Forums that the user does NOT want to see (rather than starting with nothing and selecting those they DO want to see).

You'd then have to have some de-duplication so you wouldn't get the same post coming through by another criteria.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Great ideas!!

Anyone else favor these thoughts??

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There is an app in the works according to the owners, however it won't be released until it has full functionality and can support a number of different platforms and features.

It's in the pipeline folks and it will get here eventually, I just don't think the Owners are interested in releasing something for the sake of having it.

They want something awesome.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wouldnt expect anything less! Hopefully its got some of the ideas that have been mentioned here.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
There is an app in the works according to the owners, however it won't be released until it has full functionality and can support a number of different platforms and features.

It's in the pipeline folks and it will get here eventually, I just don't think the Owners are interested in releasing something for the sake of having it.

They want something awesome.

~Tenth

Sounds good. I might hold off until I hear about the site owners app. Seems a shame to waste energy on a duplication of features.

new topics

top topics

join