It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit mom questions how daughter shot during hug

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This story just smelled of lie to me, figure I'd ask some other "conspiracy experts" and or "gun fanatics".
comcast story
Here is the fox link
Apparently a woman went to hug an off duty officer and she "accidentally" got shot.

The mother questions why the officer was carrying off duty, I understand why he was and I'm ok with that.
What I am not ok with is how a holstered weapon, especially the one in question could go off.
Here is the wiki with a picture of the M&P handgun it is very similar to the Glock, and is very safe imho.
What say you ATS, was this girl murdered or is this that one in a trillion case?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There is another story out there about another woman was shot (the police say she shot herself after grabbing the officer's gun) while he was giving her a ride, she was walking in extreme heat, apparently to check herself into a hospital... Apparently the mother doesn't believe this official story, either (though she is said to have not questioned it at the beginning and even gave the same accounting) so who knows...

woman grabs cop's gun, kills self in his car

Sad stories, both

edit on 9-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No way.

How does a waist holster shoot someone in the lung and heart? The bullet had to be travelling upward, but it would have been pointed downward in the holster. The trigger would not be exposed in the holster. The only way this could be possible is if she was down around his ankles bumping and grinding, and grabbed the gun forcibly with her hand and squeezed hard enough to penetrate the neoprene holster, and then fully depress the trigger.

If it happened accidentally, it was just her time to go. This is less likely than being struck by a meteor.

Either it was intentional, or it was the freakiest freak accident I've ever heard of.

"What's going to be very important here is the angle of the entry of the wound to the victim (and) if there is in fact any gunpowder residue," Balash said. "I'm having a great deal of difficulty understanding how a weapon that's pointed at the ground can be turned literally 110 degrees minimum to be in an upward position to strike someone."

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!?

Plus who wears neoprene anymore?

Kydex is so much better and even cheaper if you do it yourself.
I believe a lady got murdered, just my experienced guess.
Heck I've carried Glock which is similar out of a holster and never had any worry of the gun "just going off".

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That story has it's own holes, lady wanting to go get help kills self.. .

I'm thinking disgruntled girlfriend on both stories.
Cool thing nowadays that cops can just say "OOPS" and permanently dismiss girls permanently.
I wonder if either of these women got rape kits and or pregnancy tests?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

So why murder? It sounds like he didn't know her?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I have an M&P 40 just like the one in question, and the M&P has a built in trigger safety similar to that of the Glock. The trigger has to be pulled in order for the weapon to fire. My question is what kind of holster the officer was using in this incident. Blackhawk was having issues with some of their retention holsters causing misfires. Could have been a legitimate misfire if the gun did in fact fire from the holster which would be easy to verify.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

The holster of which you are referring to was a finger discipline issue while unholstering.
Either way, the gun does not go off without a finger in the trigger.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by g146541

So why murder? It sounds like he didn't know her?

I'd deny knowing the gal who would attempt to (insert bad things) to me too.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by SpaDe_

The holster of which you are referring to was a finger discipline issue while unholstering.
Either way, the gun does not go off without a finger in the trigger.

Too many unknowns to draw a conclusion. Why was he carrying at a party in the first place is a good question, especially if he was drinking? Lots of questions that need answering to come up with even a loose theory.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Was it proven through gunshot residue and other evidence that the shot came from that cops firearm?

If not, then it had to have been somebody else.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Who shot her, a cop? Ok then, its not murder..... Says the law...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by g146541

No way.

How does a waist holster shoot someone in the lung and heart? The bullet had to be travelling upward, but it would have been pointed downward in the holster. The trigger would not be exposed in the holster. The only way this could be possible is if she was down around his ankles bumping and grinding, and grabbed the gun forcibly with her hand and squeezed hard enough to penetrate the neoprene holster, and then fully depress the trigger.

If it happened accidentally, it was just her time to go. This is less likely than being struck by a meteor.

Either it was intentional, or it was the freakiest freak accident I've ever heard of.

"What's going to be very important here is the angle of the entry of the wound to the victim (and) if there is in fact any gunpowder residue," Balash said. "I'm having a great deal of difficulty understanding how a weapon that's pointed at the ground can be turned literally 110 degrees minimum to be in an upward position to strike someone."

I sat and thought about this for a second, and lets just say that with a little creative thinking I can quickly come up with a position that would put the woman in question at the proper angle to be shot in the heart and chest from a waist holster. It was a party after all... just throwing it out there.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

One in a trillion case.

Look at the crocodile hunter. That was a one in a million accident too, but it does happen.

A police officer knows enough forensics that if he really wanted to pull off a murder, he would, and the body would never be found. Not at a birthday party, trying to make it look like a freak accident.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Depends on the entry angle. If the bullet entered from the bottom and traveled up, I can't see that scenario. You're saying she was on her knees, in front of him, right? If, on the other hand, the shot entered at the top, then it could be an explanation.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I wonder if it could have been an accidental discharge and the bullet hit something on the ground and she was killed by a ricochet?

If not then I would almost have to say foul play.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
According to the article, she hugged him from behind while she was dancing.

The entry wound will tell the story, but at the end of the day no matter how the gun went off, it still would have had to be turned towards her.

A holstered weapon is pointed towards the ground. There is no other way to holster the weapon, it is pointed towards the ground. So she would have had to turn the gun, while in the holster and still pull the trigger.

I am VERY familiar with the police issued .40 Glocks. No safety at all, but the trigger has to be pulled. That is the part that makes very little sense to me. After reading this article, I checked on a Glock to see how much play was in the trigger. On the Glock there is room to move the trigger without actually pulling it, but to actually pull the trigger- it takes a fair amount of force. I was unable to "accidently" discharge the Glock no matter what I did. I had to consciously apply enough force to cause the discharge.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Miller was dancing behind Officer Isaac Parrish at his home in Archdale and was on her knees and tugging at Parrish’s waist when his holstered gun fired, striking her in the chest, a police official familiar with the investigation said Tuesday.

Little different than a hug.

Why portray it as something it wasnt?

Seems to be raunchy dancing and some preparation for wiener exposure.

McNair questioned why Miller would be on her knees dancing with a stranger and asked how someone dances on their knees.

Amazing how things can happen. Being "serviced" becomes a whole new set of issues should the entertainer grab your gun. Now it has to become a "hug" to save face with his wife and the press. Which in turn makes for a cover-up. Which in turn creates much larger problems for him, his family, his career and the department he works for.

bostonherald.com...
edit on 11-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

reply to post by MrWendal

Yep, even with that admission of her being on her knees and pulling at his waistband, it still doesn't make the accidental discharge very believable. That gun requires a "squeezing" force. There would have to be something stationary on the trigger while she pulled the butt of the gun downwards to compress the trigger, but anything attached to his pants, or the holster would just move along with the gun, it wouldn't squeeze the trigger.

The only halfway plausible scenario would be if she reached up, hooked her thumb deeply into the neoprene holster directly in front of the trigger, and then pulled downwards on his pants and gun handle, while squeezing with her hand.

If she was pulling hard to either take his pants down, or pull herself up, then it is slightly possible, but highly improbable.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

edit on 11-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: nvm

top topics

<<   2 >>

join