It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next time you're in an airport, ask a pilot about UFOs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

That's pretty awesome what you did, next time try to get an recorded interview on your cellphone... and place this here on ATS that would be great.. S& F

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Great way to learn about unreported ufo cases is to just ask people in aviation industries..

An old family friend, who has since passed on, was an FAA chief controller for Tucson Int. Airport who retired in 2003.. I asked him once if he has ever seen anything odd in his years as a FAA Chief, and he responded that when he was the controller at Bellingham Int airport (KBLI) in the early '70's, he actually witnessed a saucer craft land on the runway and just sit there for 15 minutes doing nothing but sitting there, and then finally leaving and zipping away very fast..

He said his bosses told him on the phone when he reported it, to not do anything, simply ignore it.. They said it would most likely fly away soon enough, which it did.. In those days the air traffic there was very minimal and no one was attempting to land or take off at the time it happened, fortunately.

Pretty strange though...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightwhosaysnih

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
i think some pilots are pretty cool people ^_^

peace.

fair enough... but pretty irrelevant to the topic ha.

Anyways, I think I will definitely ask one if I see one who looks a bit older and has some experience. Thanks for the story

THANK YOU: Kind of like:

1. Dad was a Pilot. I will ask my Dad if he has seen a UFO. (Instead of asking him first and than posting what he told me. )
2. Great topic! Can't wait to read it later! (again rather than waiting till later and adding something of value)
3. Don't have time to read this I am at work - will post thoughts tonight (these people must be facebook addicted or something. Thanks for giving me your FB status without me wanting to know)

It does get rather tiresome when every 3rd or 4th post adds zip.

Anyway my 2 cents - You might get a decent story or two but I'm siding with the pilot who says there is no way he would report it (although don't they have to communicate contact with other aircraft?). The life of the average pilot doesn't seem all that glamorous - many of them bunk-up because they aren't paid as well as people think and can't afford to live on their own.

Also betting military pilots will never tell you the truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by 12voltz
You would probably get more information from the guy down the road who sits in his backyard having a ciggie . Aircraft windows have a relatively small field of vision and pilots usually spend more time scanning gauges than sightseeing. .Being licensed to fly a plane does not make anyone more credible than the dude out walking his dog.

I agree with the credibility thing.

Pilots would have more opportunity to see things in the sky, especially above the clouds on an overcast day. But the dude out walking his dog has nothing to lose by talking about what he sees.

He also would be more aware of what is in the sky including types of aircraft, balloons or weird clouds. less likely to mistake a star or other heavenly objects for a UFO.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Great way to learn about unreported ufo cases is to just ask people in aviation industries..

An old family friend, who has since passed on, was an FAA chief controller for Tucson Int. Airport who retired in 2003.. I asked him once if he has ever seen anything odd in his years as a FAA Chief, and he responded that when he was the controller at Bellingham Int airport (KBLI) in the early '70's, he actually witnessed a saucer craft land on the runway and just sit there for 15 minutes doing nothing but sitting there, and then finally leaving and zipping away very fast..

He said his bosses told him on the phone when he reported it, to not do anything, simply ignore it.. They said it would most likely fly away soon enough, which it did.. In those days the air traffic there was very minimal and no one was attempting to land or take off at the time it happened, fortunately.

Pretty strange though...

to me this would be proof that they are well known about by most authorities.

Their policy probably leave them alone unless bothering military installations then give pointless chase....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
what if "UFO's"/ ET's are just a myth created by government to test new technology or technology that looks like like disks just to have an excuse for the people when they witness it or, what if those "abductions" by ET's are actually abductions by government to run experiments and blame it on ET's?

i wanna believe and iv'e witnessed an unidentified object once before.
just throwing that out there cause i saw it on the x-files

i shall be flying back to Los Angeles sometime soon so i hope i run into a pilot.
thanks for the idea.
S&F

edit...
season 5 episode 13, patient X is the title, you guys should watch it even tho it may go against what you believe but, it's an interesting episode. just another theory, that's all.
edit on 10-7-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Originally posted by TechUnique
I should imagine asking astronomers would be noteworthy as well!

I've already not asked astronomer, corrected him. He was young, though a little older than me, I myself have studied astronomy and never seen any UFOs cause I identify objects I've seen so far, so I take it I can speak from objective point, not that of denial or belief.

I only told him not to dismiss something he doesn't know, he said those things were shot down, I said - it' possible. You know, like about Rosewell some said - why would an alien travel all the way here to crash the spaceship on our planet - I mean that would be funny. I think most of the 'crashes' are actually objects taken down by force. The fact that the astronomer mentioned them, means he quickly agreed with that event happening and that they were force taken - I'm sure he isn't into UFOs at all and that was so right he said.

To be honest, I was at that observatory as a tourist, if I were as a student meeting professors like I did in the US in one observatory, I would too be afraid of even mentioning UFOs. Because I was like a tourist there, I felt it wouldn't hurt since the other tourists asked if aliens exist and he said they did not. He knew that I've been into astronomy since we mentioned some spectral analysis stuff that usually you don't see as commonly known.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

vault.fbi.gov...

because the experimental high power radar interferes with their propulsion systems, which was surely unexpected for out visitors.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

I am not sure how credible their answers would be, since pilots stay high most of the time.

I was hired by a commercial pilot a while back. He flies out of Atlanta International Airport, in Atlanta Georgia, USA, but lives in Knoxville Tennessee, USA. He takes a short flight to Atlanta, where he boards the plane he will be flying... So he really is high most of the time, except for his days off and down time between flight.

After establishing a business rapport with him I was able to reach a more friendly relationship with him. This opened the door for me to ask him about UFO's, without him thinking I am absolutely looney.

I asked him if he had ever been witness to an incident where a true UFO was involved. Without much reluctance, he answered, 'Yes'.

I asked him for some details and we was happy to give them up.

He described a sighting of an object that appeared to be higher than his plane and also seemed to be more than a mile long, several hundred feet wide and a few hundred feet tall. He said he couldn't be certain about the size of the craft. Since he'd never seen anything like that, he was using the appearance of other planes as a reference.

He said it appeared to get closer to the plane, but not really close. He tried to take a picture but nothing turned out. He said the color was similar to the blue sky, but much more pale, almost a white blue coloring.

I asked him how the sighting ended and he said the object seemed to start shrinking. Growing smaller and smaller until only a tiny blip remained, that too vanished within a few moments.

So the craft did not zoom off at warp speed or disappear and re-appear miles away, it simply grew smaller and disappeared completely.

He didn't give any more detail of his sighting. He did mention other pilot friends have witnessed UFOs during their flights, but didn't elaborate.

I asked if he thought it was alien or human, but he wouldn't speculate, though he did say it could be either one from what he saw.

As we talked more, I asked what he thought powered the craft, but again, he wouldn't speculate more than saying if they are human craft, then the power source is nothing known by the general public.

I asked him what is the most advance propulsion system he knows about. He said it is an electric pulse engine that uses conventional jet engines and propulsion properties from the pulse engine.

He didn't tell me much about it and, because I thought I could google it, I didn't press him on it. The only description he gave me was the propulsion system used jet engines to reach high speeds and the pulse engine is used as a supplement, where short blasts - or pulses - provide extreme leaps in acceleration over very short spans of time.

Basically how I understood it was the pulse engine provides very short bursts of powerful acceleration to achieve higher top speeds, or reach top speed quicker, without the pilots being force to experience long periods of rapid acceleration and high G force.

He didn't say what I typed above, about the G's, that is my own speculation to understand how it might work, if it is real. I could be absolutely wrong.

His wife wants to do more remodeling soon, so hopefully I'll get called back and have another chance to interrogate him further.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I know a pilot that flies a small plane that for laughs has a deep sea fishing reel and runs out a half dozen light sticks about 100 feet behind his plane.

Worked fine till a military C130 saw it one night and closed right behind his plane and when they saw it was light sticks they turned on there landing light.
My friend had no idea what was going on when his plane lit up.

So he changes the light sticks over every few hours, every trip? And then tricked a military plane, with no repercussions? far fetched. Probably about 30% of that is true haha

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Reminds me of an OLD THREAD OF MINE from 2009. I was doing pretty much the same thing as you, OP. Check it out, I got some great responses.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Im sorry but i couldn't helpbut laugh at theOPs suggestion.

I can just imagine All these ATSers (wearing tinfoil hats off course) going up to pilots asking 'have you seen any UFO's!?' and then them being taken away and put on the no fly list.

But seriously though good job going up to them and asking them. It is interesting to hear there opinions and experiences with UFOs

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What if i was on a mission to Blabla Planet to
learn, observe and study the inhabitants and
their planet.

What if i learn that the inhabitants are like stoneage
people. With stonage tools and stoneageweapons.

Would i be afraid if they knew i was there? NO

Would i care? Probobly, but it wouldnt cause any problems.

How would i do the studying? Just like we do with our own planet i guess..
Go to the area of interest, take samples, film and so on.

IF they found out about me would i make contact? MAYBE.
I think i would first see HOW they react to my precense.

NOW:
If i was a invader at planet Blabla,
I wouldnt study, i wouldnt observe, i wouldnt learn (well at first maybe
about their def capacitys). THEN i would TAKE...

See the Difference..
edit on 2012/7/11 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Agreed, you will in most cases be laughed at and he would think 'Oh great, another UFO nutjob!'

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I used to work at Manchester airport England, in a busy shop. Pilots and aircrew would use the shop regularly. I once heard a story from one of my colleagues that a pilot had spoken about an 'Incident' but was soon moved on to a new airport......not sure about this but I never bothered to ask any pilots or crew just in case

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I've been flying for nearly half my life, I will share what I have seen and what my friends have seen. First the 3 I have seen..

1. I have observed what looked like a satellite at dawn moving across the horizon from west to east. I thought it was a satellite until it stopped mid way across the horizon and changed direction 90 degrees to the fly north and dissappear over the horizon altogether.

2. I have witnessed a very bright light moving at a very high speed across the horizon, dip down below it and then reappear above it before fading out altogether.

Save the best for last.
3. I was in the cruise early one morning (3am) and just happened to be looking at the stars above. What I saw that morning I still haven't been able to conclusively figure out just what it was. WAY WAY above the aircraft, I'm talking altitudes that appeared to be orbital my First Officer and I saw 3 bright lights which weren't moving, didn't have nav lights....and were flashing. In fact they were taking turns flashing at random intervals, it's like those lights were communicating with each other. These were definately not aircraft. They were solid white lights at very very high altitudes and they were flashing at inconsistant intervals. The imagine is still burned into my memory.

What my friends have seen:

One of them had a bright white light formate on his aircraft and parralel his track in the middle of the night, he asked ATC if they knew of any other aircraft in the area, which they didn't.

Another friend actually chased a ball or orb for a while before it went scooting off down into a valley and he could no longer follow it.

....So yeah we see stuff....but you have to VERY VERY careful about whom you discuss the issue with. And btw, ATC controllers in my country are made to sign the official secrets act. Meaning they can't talk about what they see moving across their screens, lest they be imprisoned.....The ones I've talked to won't say much other than "I've seen things moving across my screen at speeds that aren't possible".

Of the ones I've seen, and my friends have seen, collectively we have reported exactly zero of them officially...
edit on 11-7-2012 by haveblue because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

He said it appeared to get closer to the plane, but not really close. He tried to take a picture but nothing turned out. He said the color was similar to the blue sky, but much more pale, almost a white blue coloring.

I asked him how the sighting ended and he said the object seemed to start shrinking. Growing smaller and smaller until only a tiny blip remained, that too vanished within a few moments.

Actually that sounds like an optical-stealth type of craft. They construct illumination to be correct for the altitude which can make them very difficult to see. Probably is calibrated for ground observers so somebody in the air might be able to see it in some conditions. I.e. it's possibvle that in the report the object didn't actually shrink at all, but that the optical configuration was such that the pilot came into view of a "proper" optical stealth and so it perceptually merged with the background.

edit on 11-7-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by haveblue
I've been flying for nearly half my life, I will share what I have seen and what my friends have seen. First the 3 I have seen..

1. I have observed what looked like a satellite at dawn moving across the horizon from west to east. I thought it was a satellite until it stopped mid way across the horizon and changed direction 90 degrees to the fly north and dissappear over the horizon altogether.

2. I have witnessed a very bright light moving at a very high speed across the horizon, dip down below it and then reappear above it before fading out altogether.

Save the best for last.
3. I was in the cruise early one morning (3am) and just happened to be looking at the stars above. What I saw that morning I still haven't been able to conclusively figure out just what it was. WAY WAY above the aircraft, I'm talking altitudes that appeared to be orbital my First Officer and I saw 3 bright lights which weren't moving, didn't have nav lights....and were flashing. In fact they were taking turns flashing at random intervals, it's like those lights were communicating with each other. These were definately not aircraft. They were solid white lights at very very high altitudes and they were flashing at inconsistant intervals. The imagine is still burned into my memory.

There was some set of Navy satellites which maintained a triangle configuration. No obvious explanation for the flashing but it could have been rotations which exposed a specular reflection of the Sun off a faceted solar panel?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.satobs.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by haveblue

Save the best for last.

There was some set of Navy satellites which maintained a triangle configuration. No obvious explanation for the flashing but it could have been rotations which exposed a specular reflection of the Sun off a faceted solar panel?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.satobs.org...

Thanks haven't heard about that before. It's possible these were sat's, but what we saw certainly wasn't an iridium flare. If they were sat's they appeared to be geo sycronous. Like I said it was the flashing at random intervals...one would flash at the another and it looked like the other would almost "reply' to the first with it's own flashing, if they were rotating sat's I would have thought that the flashing would have been atleast consistant. Can't rule out sat's, but I would be surprised to find out they were...
edit on 11-7-2012 by haveblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

.Being licensed to fly a plane does not make anyone more credible than the dude out walking his dog.
reply to post by 12voltz

Yes, it does. Incredibly so. In the area of aerial phenomena, absolutely.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

.Being licensed to fly a plane does not make anyone more credible than the dude out walking his dog.
reply to post by 12voltz

Yes, it does. Incredibly so. In the area of aerial phenomena, absolutely.

And DO have a possibility to see WAY more than Joe Schmo on the street
focusing on the stupid dog making turds on the sidewalk....

Avarage ppl spend less time looking up than you seem to think Morg234...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join