It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia says two killed after cleric's arrest,Saudi's Princess Sara claims asylum in UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia says two killed after cleric's arrest,Saudi Arabia's Princess Sara claims asylum in the UK

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia said on Monday that two men had been killed after protests in a Shi'ite Muslim area in the eastern part of the world's top oil exporter, following the arrest of a prominent Shi'ite cleric.

A key U.S. ally, Saudi Arabia has largely escaped the kind of protests that have toppled four heads of state since last year, but the mostly Shi'ite Qatif region of the Eastern Province has been the focal point of sporadic demonstrations alleging discrimination.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.independent.ie
ed it on 9-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Looks like this could be the end of the line for the American Imperialism in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia as Saudi Arabian twitter users had started there own campaign against the ruling Saudi house.

As i also included the link the Saudi Princess Sara has claimed asylum in the UK, not just due to her own safety but also due to because her own family celebrates Christmas secretly.

(“My branch of the family was always different from the rest of Al Saud – open, controversial and diverse. We celebrate Christmas.” )

Looks like the tied is turning around against American Imperialism in Saudi Arabia at least.
While Saudi Arabia,Qatar,Israel support and arm the Free Syrian Army in Syria which seemingly they are seem to lack support from the majority of Syrians.

I have to ask would the support and arming to the Syrian rebels back fire at The Saudi Arabian Kingdom? in my opinion i think it may.

Its morning here in Toronto and so far CNN has avoided taking this as Breaking news item.
But unless its a news report from Syria by the rebels then thats news well that shows how hypocritically they are.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The Twitter image of the protest.

Now it seems three protesters were killed by the Saudi Security.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Obviously this calls for immediate invasion by NATO forces to oust the regime in Saudi Arabia for murdering peaceful protesters and the unfair discrimination against minorities in the country.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The royal family should not be allowed asylum anywhere, If they can't take the pressure they should be deemed unfit to lead. Stealing money and disowning your own people

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Obviously this calls for immediate invasion by NATO forces to oust the regime in Saudi Arabia for murdering peaceful protesters and the unfair discrimination against minorities in the country.

Highly unlikely, during the Iraqi war GW Bush was on the side with the Sunni due to the fact the kingdom in Saudi Arabia is ruled by a Sunni ruling family for more then 100 to 400 years of dictatorship.

So no don't expect NATO there any time soon.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
why is Britain the destination of choice for asylum seekers from criminals to kings?Surely you would seek asylum in the first safe country,or does everyone see us as a soft touch on asylum?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

edit on 9-7-2012 by darknull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Highly unlikely, during the Iraqi war GW Bush was on the side with the Sunni due to the fact the kingdom in Saudi Arabia is ruled by a Sunni ruling family for more then 100 to 400 years of dictatorship.

So no don't expect NATO there any time soon.

IIRC we still have at least one base in Saudi Arabia, so we are already there...

Time is against monarchies... especially awkward ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Awwww, give the poor little princess political asylum, whats one more eh? I mean the UK imports refugees by the truck/boat/train load........and she does like Santa! LoL LoL LoL
edit on 9-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The Muslim Brotherhood is ear marked for complete takeover of the Middle East - except Israel of course. NATO's last course of action will happen in the House of the Saudi (kings).

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Then the Muslim Brotherhood better get themselves some state of the art atomics or learn to like glowing in the dark im afraid!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

When it comes to Royalty the UK has no qualms over civil rights abuses. The king of Bahrain and Saudi are very close with our Royal Family. They get invites for drinks with the Queen for her Jubilee.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I wonder what happened with papa...

Princess Sara has lived in the UK since 2007 after she fell out with her 80-year-old father, Prince Talal bin Abdulaziz al Saud, known as The Red Prince.

She says of her relationship with him: “Everything goes back to a certain aspect that I don’t discuss in public. Something happened with my father and he didn’t take it lightly. He retaliated against me and wanted to crush me. I had been his closest; I had been his favourite. It shook my world.”

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
As i thought CNN has avoided this as a Top news story.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
why is Britain the destination of choice for asylum seekers from criminals to kings?Surely you would seek asylum in the first safe country,or does everyone see us as a soft touch on asylum?

Unfortunately so. Probably also because we are as close to the "west" that most immigrants can afford to get to. We should not blame them for wanting to come here, but our leaders for allowing them in unchecked.

However, in the case of this woman, the government should make a very public example of her and ban her and her associates from entry to the UK.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The Twitter image of the protest.

Now it seems three protesters were killed by the Saudi Security.

That photo was obviously photoshopped or taken on a set somewhere else.
I mean every photo you have ever seen has been doctored for Libya or Syria, come on where is that discerning eye here?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

With that reply it just goes to show that your a troll, the photo is not shopped, it was taken in Saudi Arabia during the protests.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

With that reply it just goes to show that your a troll, the photo is not shopped, it was taken in Saudi Arabia during the protests.

I'll pose a real question then.
Who is the terrorist in the poster everyone is holding up, the likeness of a figure in a black Santa hat and suit with black beard?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thats not a terrorist he is the cleric i think that he is been killed by the Saudi Security forces, a well known cleric among the shia population in the region there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join