It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad ready to Meet end in Manner similar to Gaddafi and Mubarak...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
BERLIN – Syrian President Bashar Assad said in an interview broadcast Sunday that he is not afraid of meeting the same fate as the deposed and disgraced leaders of Libya and Egypt, saying he has nothing in common with them.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Apparently, Assad feels that no man is qualified to lead Syria other than him and that the idea that he should step down under pressure from the United States is absurd.

He alleges that the 15,000 dead people in his country are not his responsibility and that the world should turn its attention upon the Americans, who are the real culprits.

Assad feels that nothing close to as many people died in either Egypt or Libya combined and that its not accurate to compare those events to what is happening in Syria where 10 times as many people have died and even more will die in the near future.

And at 48 years of Age...Assad feels that he is far more knowledgeable concerning the world than everyone else.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It sounds very much like Adolph Hitlers final mindset in the bunker right before his end.

People argue that change, whether its democratic or some other ideology, should only occur in Syria by the Syrian people. How is that even possible when

A - Assad has no intention of going anywhere anytime soon let alone allowing diminished power.
B - When everything going is is blamed on any and all except for Assad?

If I remeber right Assad's mindset is the exact same as Ghaddafi.... The illusion that his people love him and would protect and fight for him only to find out that was not the case.

If Assad wants a repeat then by all means, give him what he wants. The only concern I have right now is the stockpile of chemical weapons. If the government starts using that......................

The latest from the UN is the peace plan has failed....

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
assad is a dead man.
only he don't know it yet.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
He just might get his wish.

I think he might want to worry more about Turkey than the US.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Although it's been awhile since I was last on ATS, some things remain the same...

I always find it interesting how this site's users condemn main stream media (MSM) such as FOX, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, CBC, BBC and so on for having bias agendas and perpetuating lies in trying to influence the thoughts and perceptions of the public masses, yet regularly uses them as sources to support either their thread or post promoting the very propaganda these media outlets promote.

Doesn't anyone stop to think that FOX news along with other main stream media outlets and the US government,
are trying to vilify Assad as they did the leaders of Egypt and Libya for their own personal gain?

edit on 8-7-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The leaders of America have built up enough negativity and harm on this planet that we are all..............................
Dead
MAN
Walking
It's
Over
get
yourself
Right

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

Actually...I exalt MSM...you should read my profile. I use MSM regularly in my postings and never question content...only intent.

I believe Assad feels that even though more dead people are in Syria right now than in Yemen, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and Lebanon combined...somehow or someway...he will survive.

I guess the world is just waiting to see, how close he can come to matching Stalin, Hitler or Mao...

even though he's a long way from reaching that level of violence towards his people...he's far exceeded any currently serving world leader.

but he's not going to stop and there is nothing anyone can do to make him stop.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I didn't take the time to read your profile to know your history, I simply read your thread and found it to be similar to others on ATS where content trumps intent regardless of the source (which may or may not be correct).

In order to give you the benefit of the doubt in reference to your thread, are there any sources (aside from the main stream media) that support the occurrences in Syria? Is the Assad interview available in it's raw/unedited form? Have you or any members of ATS witnessed these atrocities with their own eyes? I ask these questions not because I denounce what you say or have presented but because I want to know the truth about what is happening in the world around me.

There's always at least two sides to a story and than there is the truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Assad's days are numbered and he knows it... He understands thats there is no scenario that keeps him at power with every nation leaving him alone...

There are 2 fates in his future

1. He is killed while fighting for his presidency

2. He is arrested, put on trial, then killed

Either way, death is in his future... And I dont think Russia and China will risk their asses to save his...

Speaking of days are numbered, below is Hilary Clinton stating just that...

www.cnn.com...
edit on 8-7-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

edit on 8-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Assad's days are numbered and he knows it... He understands thats there is no scenario that keeps him at power with every nation leaving him alone...

Assad days are numbered and he knows it?
how many times have the western mainstream news outlets been saying that? they have been proclaiming that Assad days are numbered since 12 months ago.

France says Assad’s ‘days are numbered’; Russia to send warships to Syria in 2012

Turkey PM warns Assad his days are numbered

In Syria, an opening for the West to bring about Assad’s downfall

So how many more months are we going to be hearing this?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

everyone says such things. they want eyewitness accounts of things all over the world in real time.

Assad told Barbara Walters he knew nothing of any violence occurring in his country and requested evidence in much the same way you are requesting it from me now.

people consider this type of obnoxious behavior to be indicative of refinement.

15,000 dead is the claim...when the numbers start going up like that...its time for the accused to provide evidence to the contrary...not for the admitted observers to prove their claims.

how many dead bodies must pile up? 5,6 Million...is that enough claims of death before someone requires the accused to prove its not true?

probably.

then, in a generation or two they'll claim it never happened.

i'm not really certain who people think they are playing a game with...but it's clear you think this is a game.

people playing this game are on a well worn path at present. keep playing and see where it leads you.
edit on 8-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Ah yes Hilary Clinton shes very reliable and trusty worthy isn't she?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by jhn7537

Ah yes Hilary Clinton shes very reliable and trusty worthy isn't she?

She is Secretary of the State of the United States of America, so I'm guessing that she is more reliable than you or me or anyone else here on ATS... If she's saying this, I'll assume she means it... USA usually doesnt mess around when they want to overthrow a dictator, should I list some of the recent ones for you?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

you should list them.

apparently people here think all of this is some kind of game and can't, at the very least, see the pattern...which ends up with a knife in the rectum and shot in the head with ones own gun; or swinging by the neck at the end of a rope.

to them...its all propaganda.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Assad is putting the last nails in his coffin and making it substantially easier to build a case against him. Notice he's defiant and set in his ways just like Gaddafi was. Blind as ever.

Over 16,000 people are now dead. Assad is not only willing to kill dissenters and rebels mercilessly and without concern for international law, but he's willing to go down in the flames.

To me, this is just another example that leaders should never wield too much power.

edit on 8-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I don't recall in any of my post asking only for eye witness accounts, nor did I ask for them the be provided to me in real time. I would ask of you to refrain from selective rebuttals and simply provide an alternative unbias anti Assad source confirming the topic of your thread. Also if you could do that without the assumptive personal attacks on my character, it would be appreciated.

As for the remainder of your reply, I can't help but raise my hand to my face in the traditional palm to face manner and highlight how your statement "15,000 dead is the claim...when the numbers start going up like that...its time for the accused to provide evidence to the contrary...not for the admitted observers to prove their claims. is the very thing wrong with our current society as the innocent are no longer proven guilty by their accusers. Come to think of it, that's probably the mentality that allowed for Weapons of Mass Destruction to be accepted as the US war cry against Iraq. Sad.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

So...what you are asking for is that I provide a different source from the one I used. No...I won't do that. You provide your own rebuttal.

I believe everything in the source I posted. I think Assad is guilty of 15,000 counts of 1st Degree Murder. I believe Assad thinks that his Army will save him.

I don't think anyone from any country should go into Syria...especially not the United States. The last thing this country needs is its finger prints on that type of crime scene.

But this is about the mounting dead in Syria or the claims of mounting dead.

How many people have to die in that country before its accepted that thousands of people are dying?

I guess everyone is willing to wait and find out.

at least as long as it takes for reputable sources to make a claim one way or the other.

genocide seems quite easy in this world...as long as no one has credibility anyone can do as they please and no one can do anything to stop it.

i wonder if that is a two way street.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Its difficult to get a non biased source out of syria since Assads government controls the media and the information flow. How does one overcome that issue and are you suggesting the people who have died to date, all, were killed by non government forces?

WikiLeaks - US did find Iraq WMD

Israel Struck Syrian Nuclear Project, Analysts Say

Assad is not innocent.... Innocent until proven guilty is a standard in some countries, and Syria is not one of them. Its only fair Assad and his government should be extended the same judiial courtesy they have extended to the people they have murdered - yes?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

So which is it..you believe main stream media outlets like Fox news or you exalt them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join