It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And then Ernest Borgnine just died again.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Ridiculous... I distinctly recall Ernest Borgnine having died more than 6 months ago... I remember thinking 'Cabbie's dead :/'

Strange universe

I just commented on the same thing to a co-worker (stuck at work on a Sunday), and she said the same thing "Didn't he die last year?" and it got me thinking that I thought this as well.

Same thing happened with Eric Sykes earlier in the week, my sister and I both thought he had died a while back.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
hmmm. maybe that's part of the purpose of an "internet kill switch," so all the obituaries of the reborn can be removed, and all the historical accounts and media pertaining to all those wars we repeat incessantly, and all the "new" scientific and medical discoveries, can be wiped, so we can have more fun doing it all over again.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There have been a few people that I distinctly recall. I'm sure that Billy Graham had died before (years ago) but nope! Still alive. There was a huge write-up (tribute) in our local paper too.

I am sure they are time-slips, or dimension slips of some sort. Maybe Cern has something to do with it? Maybe I (we) died on another dimension and ended up in a very similar one?

Tiannemen square was definitely different. That guy surely got ran over by the tank.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

For me, he first was Dominic Santini on Airwolf.

RIP Ernie.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoyMeetsWorldATS
Yes! (I mean not yes to his dying, RIP again Earnest)

But I mean this is the first topic to ever draw me to ATS years ago back in 2005.

"Timeslip!"

I first had this experience when I was 12. I had bought my favorite magazine, "Guitar World" on my lunch hour from school one day. I remember clear as day reading the final page, the usual "Tribute to a dead rocker" page. It was a tribute to the life and death of "Mark Knopfler" from the band "Dire Straits".

I wasn't a big fan (at the time) but I remembered him for his "Money For Nothing" video on MTV. Well years passed and it was 2005, sitting in my room, and I came across a recent video of Mark Knopfler on youtube, alive! I couldn't believe it!

I remember searching through back issues made available online from that year and nowhere in those issues was there ever a tribute to the life and death of Mark. I was dumbfounded. I felt like there was something wrong with this. It didn't sit right because my memory is like a sponge. I remember reading it.

Well that led me to searching google for terms like, "mark knopfler dead but now alive" and eventually it led me to ATS. I felt like I had hit the jackpot on this subject. Although there's not many who do remember Knopfler dying, there were many on here that had lists of other peoples who even I remember dying but now we're told they're alive and well.

That's the best description I've ever heard for sort of experience; Timeslip

Haha, I feel like a tool.

I meant "Timeline shift" !!

but I think timeslip has been loosely used, too

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by djmarcone
reply to post by babybunnies

For me, he first was Dominic Santini on Airwolf.

RIP Ernie.

me too, i wonder why they never mention that?

— Among the best-known Ernest Borgnine films:

China Corsair, 1951

The Whistle at Eaton Falls, 1951

The Mob, 1951

The Stranger Wore a Gun, 1953

From Here to Eternity, 1953

Johnny Guitar, 1954

Demetrius and the Gladiators, 1954

The Bounty Hunter, 1954

Vera Cruz, 1954

Bad Day at Black Rock, 1955

Marty, 1955

Run for Cover, 1955

Violet Saturday, 1955

The Last Command, 1955

The Square Jungle, 1956

Jubal, 1956

The Catered Affair, 1956

The Best Things in Life Are Free, 1956

Three Brave Men, 1957

The Vikings, 1958

The Badlanders, 1958

Torpedo Run, 1958

The Rabbit Trap, 1959

Summer of the Seventeenth Doll, 1959

Man on a String, 1960

Pay or Die, 1960

Go Naked in the World, 1961

Barabbas, 1961

McHale's Navy, 1964

The Flight of the Phoenix, 1965

The Oscar, 1966

The Dirty Dozen, 1967

Chuka, 1967

The Legend of Lylah Clare, 1968

The Split, 1968

Ice Station Zebra, 1968

The Wild Bunch, 1969

A Bullet for Sandoval, 1970

The Adventurers, 1970

Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came, 1970

Willard, 1971

Bunny O'Hare, 1971

Rain for a Dusty Summer, 1971

Hannie Caulder, 1971

The Poseidon Adventure, 1972

The Neptune Factor, 1973

Emperor of the North Pole, 1973

Law and Disorder, 1974

Sunday in the Country, 1975

The Devil's Rain, 1975

Hustle, 1975

Won Ton Ton — The Dog That Saved Hollywood (cameo), 1976

The Greatest, 1977

The Prince and the Pauper, 1977

Convoy, 1978

Ravagers, 1979

The Double McGuffin, 1979

The Black Hole, 1979

When Time Ran Out, 1980,

Escape From New York, 1981

High Risk, 1981

Deadly Blessing, 1981

Young Warriors, 1983

Spike of Bensonhurst, 1988

Turnaround, Laser Mission, 1989

Any Man's Death, 1990

Moving Target, 1990

Mistress, 1992

All Dogs Go to Heaven 2, 1996 (voice)

McHale's Navy, 1997

Gattaca, 1997

BASEketball, 1998

Abilene, 1999

Castlerock, 2000

The Long Ride Home, 2003

------

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Seems like you guys missed him at age 91 on FOX and Friends telling them the thing that keeps him young is masturbation. It was hilarious. Plus he has been Mermaid Man on Spongebob Squarepants for a few years now.

Here is the Fox and Friends clip
www.youtube.com...
edit on 8/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: added youtube clip

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I thought he died several years ago too, glad I'm not the only one.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I wonder when he did his last mermaid man voice over for SBSP

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It saddens me that people are joking about this.

If it weren't for that man I would probably be dead, or a completely different person today.

I was born with a Neurological Defect and needed and operation worth millions, The government had already given away all our free medical procedures to some kid in Guatemala and also wouldn't give me insurance because I was adopted my mom had no where else to turn but The Shriners, she contacted him and he got back to her right away and became my sponsor.

I'm coming up on my 27th birthday and just to think where I'd be without one person, one cause and effect it's crazy.

I hope his wife the best and for him to know he was an Angel.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

He was a great Mason and a Shriner. I am always glad to hear first hand accounts of how our tiny contributions can be put with millions of other "tiny" contributions and make a difference in someones life. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This keeps happening..

I thought he was dead too.. some time after he'd done escape from new york...

Eric Sykes was another one that I thought was dead.. Until he appeared in "the others" with nicole Kidman.
Reason why I was so sure he'd gone was because there used to be a factory called Sykes along the road from my house and I used to think of Eric every time I walked past it..

Ronnie Barker was another similar episode...

What makes this more awkward for us all is that most of these "first" deaths seem to have happened before the internet was born globaly, so there will be very little evidence of these news stories floating around.. and if the y do turn up, would a photograph of a news paper report be enough evidence or would we all have to hold the actual paper in our hands to believe it?

Odd times indeed..

RIP Ernest.. and Eric.. seeing as you went the other day.. again..

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I would like to apologize if anyone felt reading my comment I was using his death as an opportunity to make a joke. Thanks for sharing your story. I meant no disrespect to the man, himself, nor do I take death lightly in any way.
I was simply replying to the context of the thread, apart from the fact he is now gone, but in the interests of exploring the when of it, and the implications of that.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This thread is not a joke in any manner....

Thanks for all the replies, I am pleased to learn I'm not the only one noticing this phenomenon, what is really going on here?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The majority of us here have no intention of making light of Mr. Borgnine's death. Just the peculiar anomaly someone goes through when the media/mind/time? plays trick on us.

This is the first (and I'm sure last) time I have heard of this occurance related to Ernest Borgnine, but there have been others which make it sort of a surreal situation for some.

I am actually quite touched that this man would help you in such a way and believe that he has secured himself a special place in the "next " life. I quite like hearing stories of how someone made a difference in somenes life for the positive. I'm certain he will be missed.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I thought he got run over too, could have sworn been taught that in high school.

On the subject, I remember a few years after Ronald Reagan died, Nancy died. But nope, she's still trucking. Weird. I'm sure of it, watching the news report.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join