It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you down or against the canabis legalize in your country ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Legalise it!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Nice one kegs!

Oh, did you guys here that �20'000 of Cannabis was siezed in Edinburgh Yesterday?

The guys are getting seen in the Sheriff Court tomorrow!

When i find a link, i'll post!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
For those of you who kept saying OVER DOSE!!! Not once in history has a Marijuana overdose been recorded, wanna know why. ITS NOT POSSIBLE!

Besides I say LOOK the poll speaks for itself.

The only thing illegal about marijuana is the fact its illegal. They made it illegal to stop it from being a mass economic trade, that and its a narcotic. But think about all the possitive aspects of the cannibis, rope and fabrics, oils and not to mention biodegradible plastics that are tougher than plastic.

www.medmjscience.org...

www.norml.org...

this one is for the conspirists:
www.wealth4freedom.com...

[Edited on 25-4-2003 by Lurker]

[Edited on 25-4-2003 by Lurker]

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The bottom line is that the government makes way to much money off marijuana. The only reason that it is illegal is because after prohibition the DEA needed something else to fight. If not the government agency would have been null and void and a lot of people would of lots their jobs. So they put out propaganda movies like Refer Madness to make the public think badly about marijuana. These movies exaggerated the effects of marijuana and demonized it in a way.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
lurker, i do smoke for 10 years now (i mean cannabis, i stopped tobbaco 4 years ago).
And u are right, over dose doesn�t exist, but u can get it
if u eat the weed, meaning cakes, or sweets, or cook with it (btw is very nice and tripy
) but there u can have an over dose and die, but JUST EATING, beacuse it is not the same smoked, going tru longs, and then to blood, than direct way in the stomach

But u still right, no dead record smoking or eating

Don�t u love come back home, from a busy day at work,
and just sit, have a nice drink with a nice joint, to relax aaaaaaaaaa i love it!!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
As with many things in life, smoking cannabis is a personal choice. If it were legal and regulated by the government it would generate tax money and be of a consistent quality. Licensed outlets would sell it to individuals with proper ID. It would be controlled and remove much of the negative aspects of buying cannabis now.

If we took a sample group and gave half 2 grams of cannabis and half 6 pints of lager, the resulting affects would be dramatically different. The cannabis users would be mellow, laughing, enjoying music and probably have the munchies. The alcohol users would probably be drunk, loud, with slurred speech and staggering. A cannabis user is generally more careful when operating a vehicle; a drunk driver is a danger to themselves and others. How many fights are started by people who are drunk, and how many by stoned individuals?

I�ve been to Amsterdam and saw what a different atmosphere that was compared to Newcastle. It seemed that because cannabis was readily available no one was hyper about it; the whole city seemed to have a relaxed and mellow feeling about it. I didn�t see a single person in Amsterdam being loud, rude or obnoxious. No one was fighting, screaming, peeing or throwing up in the street.

Here in Newcastle those things are a regular occurrence and many people get hurt when walking around staggering drunk. A taxi-driver here told me that some taxi drivers consider it sport to hit drunken people who are in the street.

I personally don�t consider cannabis to be the evil weed that others do, and would vote for legalization of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR
lurker, i do smoke for 10 years now (i mean cannabis, i stopped tobbaco 4 years ago).
And u are right, over dose doesn�t exist, but u can get it
if u eat the weed, meaning cakes, or sweets, or cook with it (btw is very nice and tripy
) but there u can have an over dose and die, but JUST EATING, beacuse it is not the same smoked, going tru longs, and then to blood, than direct way in the stomach

But u still right, no dead record smoking or eating

Don�t u love come back home, from a busy day at work,
and just sit, have a nice drink with a nice joint, to relax aaaaaaaaaa i love it!!!!!

Besides a good woman, nothing beats it brother, nothing.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
i�ve been into newcastle for a month, and i can tell u that u drink A LOT!!! men!!! i flipped with the amount of pints that ppl can take, even womens completely drunk everywhere, discos etc etc. i was in a village called withley bay
But i couldn�t get any weed or something to smoke, what i saw instead when i went to the centrum, (next to elden square the statue and so on) in the weekends at night there was just drunk ppl everywhere, u have them kindly, u have them agressive in seconds,
At that point weed is better as well

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
...It made Al Capone and many over trafficants.
I think that a legalisation of marijuana can stop the traffic.

In the desert, touaregs smokes marijuana to support the sun and the temperature.
Sadhu's (Indies monks) also used to smoke cannabis.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Whether or not smoking cannibis is legalized or not, industrial hemp sure should be. Where I live, the law suits on tobacco are hitting farmers hard and they need to change to something else but the old southern baptist keep a strong hold on it because industrial hemp is too big a competition for cotton. From what I've heard, you can't get high from it but it makes superior clothing and such. The old idea of having no way to regulate and control it's growing is still alive here reguardless of the progress in GIS technology which could effectively manage hemp crops like its used to manage annual crop rotation on larger farms.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The question is, would they allow the operation of a vehical while high?

AF1

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You really do gotta give the drug cartels credit. In around 50 years they have been able to succeed in a huge business that has oppurtunities to touch everyone. The vast networks that they have created has shown how resourceful and clever these men are. Though it might not be the most moral business, these men are excellent business men.

Oh yeah, I'm all for the legalization of marijuana.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If they legalized marijuana they wouldnt have any convicts to fill the new prisons they build.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
been smoking bud for 9 yrs havent lost any hair, never seen ANYONE OD on it...

I think RavenStar was speaking of another drug..

Your gums will bleed if you don't brush them, it's gingivitis...

But if you told that class thats what happens when you smoke weed you lied to them. Tried the scared straight thing...

I rather be around someone who is stoned than someone who is drunk.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yeah, you can't OD on it, I sat around with some friends chiefing off a QP all day smoking out of a hookah, if there was a lethal dose i think i wouldve hit it that day :p

Instead I ate 2 sandwhiches some chips and passed out watching a movie

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I guess ill be the first to post for opposition to legalizing marijuna (unless i mis read this post and there are others who i didnt see in opposition)...

You can't regulate it, just as you can't regulate tobacco and alcohol.Once it becomes legal some idiot is able to go down to the little head shop and buy it then that idiot is going to give it to some kid because that's the way of the world. You got one in 10 Americans addicted to alcohol. That's 10 percent of the population. And you all want to add another intoxicant to get more people involved with substance?

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Rather they grew up to become pot smokers than wife beating alcoholics.

i'd trade beer for the sticky icky any day!

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
im for it if its done in private... in your own house etc. not in public. once you bring into into publick you endanger me (or those who dont agree with it) if you get behind the wheel of a car, if you sell the dope to my kid, if my kid sees you smoking, you know, whatever, I then will demand that the authorities protect me and my family from you, the marijuana smoker in public. Am I wrong?

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I agree with you there, just like people can't drink in public, they do it at bars or at their home and some resturants...

Smoking is banned in all public places here so I doubt if it was legal you could toke in public, I agree you should do it in the privacy of your home or in "coffee" shops.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Actually it should be done ONLY in the home I don't want some idiot smoking an ounce then go get in a wreck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join