It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you down or against the canabis legalize in your country ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just for curosity, are you, like in europe holland, swiss and spain, right or wrong with a cannabis legalization ?

tell us why...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
To me it doesn't matter. I've never smoked marijuana while illegal and never will smoke it if it becomes legal.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The problem is that when you completely ban it, it will be more interesting for young kids/teenagers to try it out.

Since last week politicians here in Holland are -once again- discussing the softdrugs issue. I hear more and more reports that they want to legalize it completely (and tax it of course!).

When you legalize it you can control the drugsusers more, and control the production of it, like test it for quality. Then you can also give coffeshops a real licence to sell weed and stuff like that.

Nowadays you can get it everywhere in Amsterdam (and other big cities here), but you don't know how it has been produced, if someone messed with it and other things like that. You have to buy it from weird dangerous people that only want to make money on you. hey don't care what the quality of the drug is.

I'm not for the use of softdrugs, but I'm for legalizing it.
I never used any drugs, and never will....

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I can't understand why alcohol is legal with all it's hazards and the Jah-plant is illegal. It's the oldest cultivated fiber plant in the world. Until the 19 hundreds ever Norwegian farmer was not only allowed to grow hemp, he was ordered to grow it in order to be self provided with fibers. Cannabis was one of the ingredients of the oil king David and Jesus was annointed with some experts say. It's better to allow it than ban it in order for the gov to be credible in it's drug politics. I can't find many arguments against the cultivation of this plant, but the number of arguments in favour of this plant, well, the list is endless. A spliff never hurt noone.

I once heard a story about a person who actually died because of Cannabis. He was loading half a ton of hash into a truck when the forklift lost it's balance and he was squeezed between the truck and the ground...

It should atleast be legal for sick people to get the only medicine that helps against Multiple Sclerosis, certain types of cancer etc. And not to forget that it should atleast be legal to grow industrial hemp. There is close to no THC in it and it preserves the ground rather than exploiting it. We could save thousands of sq miles of forest every year, by growing cannabis instead of trees for paper production. Essential oils, fat acids, fiber, paper pulp, health, happiness, good concience, well the list of pros is long. Way long...

There is a puff blowing over Europe these days. Holland, Switzerland, England and Denmark have already either legalized it or partially legalized it. I don't know whether I would've legalized it totally, but to persue people for smoking weed. Well. It's just silly. Rather cannabis than tobacco and alcohol.

God even allows it:
Genesis 1:29:And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Blessings,
Mikroma

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Did you know that the American declearance of indipendence (or whatever it's called...) was written on hemp paper?
And that the plant is brilliant for making fuel to cars? This plant just has to be a gift from God to the humans.

Blessings,
Mikroma

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I definately think it should be legalised because (speaking of Scotland) if you were you buy it, its usually from shady people who also have other stronger drugs available which are on offer. If its legalised then its controlled and you know what you're getting. It would be even better if you could get some decent gear like you get in Amsterdam instead of that solid c**p you get here.
I personally have never taken drugs and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

God even allows it:
Genesis 1:29:And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Blessings,
Mikroma

Yep, but I didn't see that it was written : " Thou shall smoke herb(s) "

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
cause I like it.

Hey atleast it ain't crack!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If they make it legal....don't really care as i can't touch the stuff!

The only problem is though..i think Zion pointed it out...is that we'd have some really smacked up youngsters coming into the Casualty Dep!!!!

I understand that Hemp is used for paper, rope, fuel and all that..i've got great hand cream made from Hemp..but if they legalise it....the Zero Tolerance rule is going bye-bye!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

God even allows it:

Blessings,
Mikroma

Yep, but I didn't see that it was written : " Thou shall smoke herb(s) "

Perhaps an idea for the next edition
Anyway, you get even higher if you eat it, so I guess it's the same...

Another thing: We know that our body is a temple for the Holy Spirit, right? Wonder what happened when the Temple was filled with smoke in Isaiah or wherever...

Blessings,
Mikroma

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
"is that we'd have some really smacked up youngsters coming into the Casualty Dep!!!! "

chronic making drug addicts... thats such a lie we've been fed.

Growing up most of the jocks/preps I knew started off drinking beer and went straight from there to snorting lines of coke.

Most of them didn't want to smoke pot cause it'd # up their high.

Lets say you destroyed all the pot plants in the world *sheds a tear*
you'd still have just as many drug addicts.
IMO alcohol is just as bad or worse than pot.
You get a lot more #ed up when you drink, violence is increased when people are drunk too.

People always dissing God's green grass

it's all natural

Go crack down on a crack... haha get it?
If it was legal there'd be less kids doin' it to "rebel" or whatever scheme they come up with to make pot seem bad...
Gate way drug... feh

I hate those commericals were they try to say if you smoke weed your a terrorist i think if you drive an suv you're more likely to be funding some terrorist crap
and polluting our oxygen so therefore you are an enviro terrorist... ok see how stupid it sounds?
I can garuntee when I buy dro the money goes directly into my dealers pocket who grows it himself, not some lunatic terrorist wannabe martyr.

Who lets the drugs into this country hmmm?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well..can't say much for the temple bit but this is what happens when you take drugs:

(This happens over a few months so don't freak!)

Your breathing becomes laboured as your bronchioles are dialting to slow as the blood between your flesh is thickening up due to all the extra waste it has.

Your eyes become yellow(Jaundice) and your gums may start to bleed(normally if you take drugs by layering your gums with it!)

Hair falls out and your S-Drive is flatlined and you not able to satisfy your needs! Ahem!

If you take an overdose...you get a 16 inch plastic tube inserted down the back of your nose and throat which then fills up with a mixture of warm saline and charcoal..this flushes any pills out of your stomach and all over the floor!!!

Thats only if you get found and an ambulance is called!!!

Over a period of months your brain starts to dribble out your ears and one of these days you'll have a massive MI and drop dead!

Look..this is what i told my mums class at school..it worked for them and hopefully it'll give the younger posters something to think about!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
i saw legalize, i live in holland, and i have lived spain and in other countries, and ill tell u zion is right in almost all, but when something is allowed, has to pass quality checks, when its illegal can be whatever, there is a lot of ppl that likes it, and its a plant, the same as the tobacco, u buy package of cigarattes that are saying
"THIS IS POISON, IF U SMOKE IT U WILL DIE SOONER"
And they dont legalize something that has a lot of properties for health, just check out Uk is thinking to legalize the cannabis just for medical use

But anyway, i respect that someone can do whatever he wants, while he is not invading the freedom or rights of anyone, i dont care if 2000 ppl is smoking a joint at home, it doesnt hurt me, medicines are worst, the air we breathe, the quimic stuff in food, water, chemtrails, contamination, a lot of things are harmful for the health, so i dont understand this hipocrisy about the drugs are not allowed...

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RavenStar
If they make it legal....don't really care as i can't touch the stuff!

The only problem is though..i think Zion pointed it out...is that we'd have some really smacked up youngsters coming into the Casualty Dep!!!!

I understand that Hemp is used for paper, rope, fuel and all that..i've got great hand cream made from Hemp..but if they legalise it....the Zero Tolerance rule is going bye-bye!!!!

To be honest, I would much rather see my children smoke weed and get lazy and dream about peace in the world than to worry every weekend that they were getting pissed on alcohol and get raped or become involved with fighting and stuff or die from and alcohol overdose. If you look at it, alcohol is the dangerous drug here, not weed. The argument that cannabis leads to stronger stuff is completely idiotic. It would be just as stupid to say that bread leads to alcohol abuse. The only reason I can find that weed should lead someone to try stronger stuff is that it's illegal and that it's sellers' market. As the Scottish guy mentioned: Normally it's the same people who make money on weed that makes money on speed and heroin.

And most of the psycoses connected to weed comes also mostly because it's illegal. If the twikleheads didn't need to worry about being caught all the time and risk getting their life turned upside down if they were caught, they wouldn't get so paranoid and anxious. Take a trip to a holy place in India and see if you find any anxious monks there...

WHO wanted to publish a report a few years back about the health related aspects of cannabis use. Because the report couldn't find anything alarming about the plant, but that it on the contrary was health beneficial and the report destroyed most arguments against it, the American gov and fellows managed to stop the report from being published. But some have had their hands on it and it was a good and interresting read.

Blessings,
Mikroma

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Blessings,
Mikroma

Higher ? I saw many peoples who were smoking, and the weren't looking " higher " or " aware " or what you want else.They ONLY were looking stupids and dumbs.
As like peoples who are drunk.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Blessings,
Mikroma

Higher ? I saw many peoples who were smoking, and the weren't looking " higher " or " aware " or what you want else.They ONLY were looking stupids and dumbs.
As like peoples who are drunk.

They had probably got some of that good stuff then. Think about this: When you walk down the street one day, statistically about every tenth or so person you see is stoned. There are people who think Einstein looked stupid too. Get real. Should we ban something because it makes you look stupid? Then why not ban all those burger stores in the US where the staff walks around with all those stupidlooking costumes. Or what about Spanish bullfighting? Perhaps we should ban that (I'm strongly against bullfighting) because their hats looks silly? But I'll give you credit for the best argument so far

Blessings,
Mikroma

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Everyone has they're own opinion and i won't start dictating anything!

Being from scotland i know that my area has a very high level of drug users and dealers...hell..my next door neighbours have been raided about 10 times over the last 2 years but apart from that..no harm!

Mikro...i do agree with you..when i have children i hope they will be sensible and take care but everyone is capable of making they're own choices...

If they want to rot their brain..who are we to judge?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well said Raven

Blessings,
Mikroma

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   
"If you take an overdose...you get a 16 inch plastic tube inserted down the back of your nose and throat which then fills up with a mixture of warm saline and charcoal..this flushes any pills out of your stomach and all over the floor!!! "

Good luck overdosing on marijuana. You'd have to smoke or eat a truckload to get to that point. And by then you would be vomiting and pass out. On the other hand, chug a 5th of bourbon in a few minutes and you will likely have to visit the ER!

I am pro-legalization. I want it regulated, much like alcohol is in the US. I believe it should be a state's responsibility to keep it out of the hands of minors-- much like it is right now with alcohol. And yes, some minors will get their hands on it (like they already do).

If you recognize that by legalizing marijuana for medical and recreational use, you are practicing "harm reduction". You are ensuring that sick people as well as recreational users don't have to risk their safety by getting their marijuana from drug dealers. You are controlling the strains of marijuana, so this way customers know exactly what they are getting. Besides, the government already grows their own strain of marijuana for research purposes (its called G-13). Additionally, tobacco companies have already reserved a number of copyrights for future marijuana cigarette brand names.

In terms of the current research, it is still debated whether marijuana is a "gateway drug".

"Over a period of months your brain starts to dribble out your ears and one of these days you'll have a massive MI and drop dead!"

"Look..this is what i told my mums class at school..it worked for them and hopefully it'll give the younger posters something to think about!"

It has been empirically demonstrated that marijuana does not kill brain cells, or cause brain dribbling. In fact, there is a small line of research suggesting that marijuana may improve mylenization in the brain, thus decreasing the probability of a stroke. We'll have to see how the longitudinal studies turn out.

[Edited on 25-4-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
from those I've known who use it, it seems far less addictive than alchohol or cigarettes.... Legalize it, and tax it. Would likely cut down on the use of heavier narcotics as well, if they could get high on something legal... So far, in those places it is legal, it doesn't seem to cause any huge problems...

Likewise for prostitution. If two willing consenting adults wish for such an arrangement, why should it be illegal? Ridiculous....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join