It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Ballot: Ban Fracking - Amendment of State Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Michigan is the only state in the nation where citizens are attempting to ban fracking by amendment to a state constitution. Vermont’s legislature passed a ban on fracking on May 4 and with the governor’s approval, became the first state to ban fracking.

SOURCE

With the need and push towards alternative energy, Michigan has had a huge growth to fracking. But, many Michiganders are understanding the underlying consequences of fracking. Now it sits on the upcoming 2012 ballot in attempts to ban fracking by amendment to state constitution.

Glad to see it on the ballot. Curious to see what the result will be....

edit on 6-7-2012 by plewis51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I will deffinitely be voting NO FRACKING when it comes time. We had a company wanting to use fracking on our land up north and offered good money but we told them to take a hike. I hope it goes through and fracking is outlawed. We have way too many valuable resources here that could be contaminated by fracking.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Why the constitution? And i didnt know fracking wasgoing on in mich.....explains the booms...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Drill baby drill, keystone baby keystone, and frack baby frack. As soon as you have a wind powered freight train talk to me about alternative energy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
Drill baby drill, keystone baby keystone, and frack baby frack. As soon as you have a wind powered freight train talk to me about alternative energy.

Actually Mag-lift trains could easily be powered by Wind and Solar energy all along their tracks if we were smart enough to use them. Fracking only poisons the ground and any water supply it comes into contact with.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

So what do you do when the sun doesnt shine and the wind doesnt blow and you have a train sitting dead in the tracks? What about the trucking industry? Shipping industry? Air travel industry?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

Well there are many experimental energy sources out there. One day they will be developed. If the oil companies actually cared they should invest in this technology and begin to apply it to anything they can. I'm not crying out to stop using oil. I just don't agree with blasting poisoness water into the ground to get it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Whatcha gonna do when all the ground water in the state is polluted with toxic waste from fracking?

Fracking in michigan is unneccessary when there's more oil in North Dakota than the whole middle east....without fracking...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on this one - a flag and stars all around. It inspires me to contact my representatives in support of the ban on fracking. I'll be researching all of them and the presidential candidates as well while I'm at it.

edit on 7-7-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Edited for clairity.

top topics

join