It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us back in nuke production ?!?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
dom

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Seeing as last time we discussed anything you just ignored every point I made (just like your last post) I didn't see that there was any point in keeping it polite.

But no, you go swallow down the media view that you're about to die if you don't give up your freedoms. Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My only point was that these smaller nukes are being used to detonate a thermo-nuke in space. My main point is that it takes a nuclear explosion to to start the reaction leading to a thermonuclear explosion..according to my radio-active materials course last year...as well as any highschool level science class.

Now, that may have changed but the only point I made was that it would be as dangerous to simply knock down an ICBM if you don't cause the explosion in space. Thats what the small nuke in the intercept missle would do...again according to what I quoted from toltec and according to my training in radio-active materials.

You didn't address my point and just called me a name which btw I found more offending to someone with mental challenges than to me personally. But you seem to single me out to shut me up and I think I understand why and I think the rest of the members on here understand why too. I think I know your agenda and I think this is my last post as being a part of it.

In previous conversations, I did address your points but you seem to refuse to accept factual information and thus I can't really make an argument...and I wasn't really talking to you as much as responding to toltec with a discussion on the processes of radio-active materials and my view "to toltec" on it use in "defense"

dom

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You still managed to avoid my point. I'm not arguing with your knowledge of physics, I know how thermonuclear warheads work, which elements are involved in each shell of the bomb, etc..

Just to make things clear...

you said : "Big bad US picking on poor little terrorist and destroying their missles which they have worked so hard on in space without giving them a chance to hit their target!! "

i said : "Don't be a retard Astrocreep. Which terrorist group is going to be able to acquire an ICBM?!?"

And you still haven't answered my question, which is querying a statement you made about the threat of ICBM's coming from terrorists. That is simply not the case. The threat is from rogue states. And I don't see why MAD doesn't hold with N Korea or anyone else. The only reason to make this missile shield is so that the US can attack N Korea without risking nuclear attack. i.e. it is a method of increasing US power abroad, NOT saving you from the nasty terrorists...

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah the russians are really the news source to listen to.

"Big Brother loves you!"

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As long as it's Anti-American, it'll be quoted even if its a kid's coloring book written by Charlie manson.

dom

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It was also reported in the LA TIMES!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Same Difference.

dom

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
ok then...

So to summarise...

if (media_article!=personal_view)
[
ignore()
]
else
[
nod_in_agreement()
feel_good()
]

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Whatever...

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
As long as it's Anti-American, it'll be quoted even if its a kid's coloring book written by Charlie manson.

Absolutely. Russian papers are heralded as the last word by some while Fox and CNN are treated like the Enquirer!

And Dom, it is our God-given right to act like retards! And just what makes you think Astro is acting!!??! (Whenever you need someone to stick up for you, you know where to get me, Astro!
)

North Korea is run by a little fella that's a crazy as a betsey bug, and he's liable to lob a missile or two our way one day. You don't mind if we knock it down, do you Dom?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Uh Yeah..thanks TC, ...I think.

dom

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
TC - I doubt he'll lob a missile at you, unless you attack him.

But you're right, I shouldn't have got personal with astrocreep. Freedom of speech means that you're free to have any opinion you want. (even if I do think it's born of ignorance)

I thought the LA Times was an American newspaper, unless I'm missing something. And indeed, FOX should be treated like the enquirer. Watch it for amusement if you must, but don't treat anything it says as truth without double and triple checking it against reasonable news organisations...

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Was that a shot? That was a shot wasn't it?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I guess its time for me to make a comment.

If NK believes that its 10 to 20 nukes/ICBM's are a threat do not make me laugh, those who are in charge of this (NK) country should buy diapers. This to avoid smelling bad as they get of the podium while discussing the battle to the press (the adult kind).

South Korean forces can kick there butts with there eyes closed, any day without the help of US forces unless they use WMD. If NK uses such weapons what will be left of NK will not support life for several thousands of years.

This will satisfy China's concerns

dom

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
No astrocreep, not a shot, just expressing that the reason I got personal is because I find it frustrating that you hold such right-wing viewpoints on everything. (+ you never get into debates about any claims you make)

Toltec - I think you're basically spot on. And the same holds true for any nation with nuclear weapons. Why attack the US when they know that the response will destroy all of their major population centres...

Which means that any US attempt to develop a missile shield is not defensive, it is in fact an aggressive move which puts a lot of countries back into a difficult position.

Of course, NK would probably hit SK and Japan, and MAD still holds in that case, unless the US attack NK first...

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Dom first off, I meant that in a light-hearted way. second, I do debate some points but most of my points are just common sense. i don't hold a right-wing view in fact I not even a member of the conservative party. I just hold a view that a couple of you on here want to blame the US for everything. There is no blame put on Alqeada, Hussien or anyone else but the US and my only point is, no one is free of blame here.

Second, we come from two different perspectives, first, i state opinions based on what I learn from various souces and I don't have the time in my day to go hunting for links to a hundred different sights and besides when I do, the sources are not accepted. So, what i say is opinion unless its a universal scientific accepted fact as was the liitle thing about atomic detonation. Now, I don't etch anything in stone as science changes it's beliefs quickly too.

Third, it just seems to be so much more important to you and I will admit that I don't have the motivating hatred and rage to keep arguing and I'm not sitting in front of this keyboard seething with anger. Its informative for me and I get to share my opinions as well. Thats why I post little light-hearted tid-bits every now and then. Now, I may be in the wrong place and I'm starting to get the idea that because I am privy to news which isn't state controlled that my views might be dangerous to more covert agendas. if thats the case, I won't respond to your posts anymore and piss you off. If, however, you can see yourself truely not being threatened by a different view point and welcome new information that you might not be privy to and stimulating conversation, I will gladly post my views for as much consideration as well as criticism as you wish. I do, however have a problem with using derogatory terms. Its your liberal buddies that forcge the PC issue when it comes to social deviates but you feel free to use a term that applies to someone with a birth defect they can't help? And whether or not in your view, anyone who has these challenges could know enough to access this board is irrelevent. We all may know someone or even have a sibling thats affected by this..and no I don't.. but some might so if we are to push the liberal PC issue, lets not be guilty of abusing it when we insist on holding everyone to it. I persoanlly didn't take offense because I'm not an American who is offended by every little thing but hypocrisy does bother me.

dom

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Maybe there's a cultural difference at work then. In the UK you can call someone a retard without meaning deathly offense. Yes, it's insulting, and I shouldn't go bandying offensive terms around, but I think maybe it has less impact in the UK than US. Apologies for any offense caused.

As for everything else, I'd love to hear about alternative news articles, that's what I'm here for. The only thing I find annoying is when statements are made which cannot be backed up. i.e. that terrorists could launch ICBM's against the US, and that's why the US need a missile shield...

But no, I don't mind debating things with you at all. As long as the more dubious claims are backed up by something.

dom

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Incidentally... here's another report (from a US website) about Los Alamos resuming nuclear pit production...

www.spacedaily.com...

Looks like the moscow times was just reporting fact, and the US media weren't reporting it at all...

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
As far as Los Alamos is concerned, I've always been suspicious of that place since our last administration work up a little "fire" to evacuate it therebye letting documents concerning nuclear technology make their way to China in exchange for campaign contributions so I know that the US administration has bargained with countries whos main objective is to own us.
So, no argument on anything conerning that place. From first hand reports, I've heard that security is deplorable and the employees expense numerous personal items on their research accounts. That came out a couple months ago on my local News radio station. The items included up to and including a Ford Mustang! Our tax dollars at play I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join